Children with a Tunisian

Canadiandreamer

This needs to be updated....anyone reading this...I am Canadian and now in 2011...the rules are married or single YOu must have a writen note of permission to take your child out and back into Canada...For example even a couple who are married and together must have a letter to cross our border even into the USA...or to travel to another country you kmust show Canada the letter on returning to Canada that you had permission for the childs other parent to leave and return. In regards to Tunisia...I asked the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia they informed me that a child whos father is Tunisian is... Tunisian... regardles of where he or she( child) was born. And Yes you need a permission letter from the childs Father to LEAVE tunisia with your child (regardless of where the child was born)............

crazypink

This needs to be updated....anyone reading this...I am Canadian and now in 2011...the rules are married or single YOu must have a writen note of permission to take your child out and back into Canada...For example even a couple who are married and together must have a letter to cross our border even into the USA...or to travel to another country you kmust show Canada the letter on returning to Canada that you had permission for the childs other parent to leave and return. In regards to Tunisia...I asked the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia they informed me that a child whos father is Tunisian is... Tunisian... regardles of where he or she( child) was born. And Yes you need a permission letter from the childs Father to LEAVE tunisia with your child (regardless of where the child was born)............
Welcome to the forum Canadiandreamer!

I think this thread already explains this - its been talked about alot on this forum lol.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

MellieC

interesting that Canada is also requesting parental notices, the UK does too sometimes!

so many children whose surnames do NOT match one or other parents!!!

FoxyRoxie89

I got stopped going out of the UK but so far not going out of Tunisia.

Jasmine

ENTERING Enfidha i was questioned why my baby didnt have a Tunisian passport. Not left yet so not sure what will arise; if anything. But hubby has already written the letter and will be coming to the airport with us :) Tissues will be at the ready lol x

Trulymadlydeeply

Aaah it will be even more emotional than the arrival :(

All the very best to you all and don't forget the bloomin rubber stamp, lol xx

Essem

Staff member
ENTERING Enfidha i was questioned why my baby didnt have a Tunisian passport. Not left yet so not sure what will arise; if anything. But hubby has already written the letter and will be coming to the airport with us :) Tissues will be at the ready lol x

Hi Jas

Great to see you all today and Sabrina is just a gorgeous wee thing - 8 weeks. Will send on the pix!

xx

Jasmine

Aaah it will be even more emotional than the arrival :(

All the very best to you all and don't forget the bloomin rubber stamp, lol xx
Thanks Truly! The arrival was a special moment and will be with me always :) Im imagining the departure will be worse, trying not to think about it until the time comes LoL shes such a daddys girl so i think im in for a few difficult days initially when i get home. But then i have skype, msn and the phone or i may even get hubby to do a voice recording just so i can settle her if things get tough LOL xx

Jasmine

Hi Jas

Great to see you all today and Sabrina is just a gorgeous wee thing - 8 weeks. Will send on the pix!

xx
Hi Essem

Was lovely seeing you too :) 8 weeks today and due her first lot of injections in this week, so glad daddy is going to be taking part in this, cos i will be there crying! xx

Jessica93

Hello you all!
I'm interested to know if there is anyone who would need a nanny or au pair? I really want to move to Tunisia and if there is anyone who would need a babysitter, i'm free! :)

missmetal

Did they give you a lot of crap? I read on here a while back that they have the right to force you to make a passport app right away for the child.

Maybe they are not so concerned since the country is still in a hold state, but when the govt forms again, i wonder if they will be super strict again

Keep us posted

Tunisianadmirer

Hi so my question would be does this paper need to be done each time you leave Tunisia with the kids or will this be okay I it is done once and you always keep it with you?

Trulymadlydeeply

I think it is every time, you know just in case they change their mind!!! :(

Jasmine

Did they give you a lot of crap? I read on here a while back that they have the right to force you to make a passport app right away for the child.

Maybe they are not so concerned since the country is still in a hold state, but when the govt forms again, i wonder if they will be super strict again

Keep us posted
Hi Hun..

Sorry only just seen this! :oops:

They never gave me any hassle other than 'advise' that i should make an application to the Tunisian Embassy in London for a Tunisian passport for her. Which i said that she is registered in the UK and yet to be registered in Tunisia, as this was one purpose of our visit ;) Off we went without another word said.

However, We was mugged during this time in Sousse, and had a nightmare time getting home, so had to fly FROM Tunis. Bearing in mind its their capital airport they NEVER requested seeing any paperwork from hubby giving his permission to allow his daughter to leave the country. Wasnt questioned, not asked and i wasnt saying anything :D

But, flew in to Enfidha in November with little one, (and out again! which i'll get to in min) they asked about her passport on entering, i told them i was waiting the embassy to send me the paperwork (as daddy has to sign it and we cant do it in tunisia) and we went on our way.

LEAVING Enfidha was a headache, and i admit i slightly panicked :D I was spoken to rudely by the woman at passport control after she banged her desk at me :D Hubby was on his way back to the car, and she told me that i needed to call him to come, i politely told her when she asks me nicely using manners i will call him. If she wasnt using manners then i would stand here all day until she did and result in HER finding me a way home if i missed my flight. Her manager came and told her to be polite to the visitors of tunisia :p

Anyway, hubby came back and was told he needed to put his thumb print on our daughters exiting card and it would be a requirement at EACH return journey. First for me, we shall see if it happens again.

huttan

Anyway, hubby came back and was told he needed to put his thumb print on our daughters exiting card and it would be a requirement at EACH return journey. First for me, we shall see if it happens again.
Hm is this a new thing with thumb print?

Well all will be ok as long as you agree with your husbands...but what about if your partner (god forbid) would die?Then its another man in the family that has the power to let you go in or out from the country that might not have the same opinion...??Im I right? It can be your childs grandfather,uncle etc....if I got it all right?

Why isnt it possible to make a lawyer to make some kind of contract that is signed from the husband about the right to leave as you want to?...just thinking...most of the time they will be with you at the airport anyway...

Trulymadlydeeply

Jas did the rude Tunisian woman know that as a British woman WE cannot apply or obtain a Tunisian passport for our "Tunisian" children in the UK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Jasmine

Jas did the rude Tunisian woman know that as a British woman WE cannot apply or obtain a Tunisian passport for our "Tunisian" children in the UK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:
As far as the embassy here in London, they have stated i can as long as i take ALL necessary paperwork to Tunisia for hubby to complete. :confused: But that was going back 5 months now and ive still NOT received nothing - and i will not be chasing them. The embassy in London were taken aback when i said i was questioned entering the country not leaving :D

Jasmine

Hm is this a new thing with thumb print?

Well all will be ok as long as you agree with your husbands...but what about if your partner (god forbid) would die?Then its another man in the family that has the power to let you go in or out from the country that might not have the same opinion...??Im I right? It can be your childs grandfather,uncle etc....if I got it all right?

Why isnt it possible to make a lawyer to make some kind of contract that is signed from the husband about the right to leave as you want to?...just thinking...most of the time they will be with you at the airport anyway...
Huttan..

As far as i am aware - and i may be wrong..IF we was to divorce then it can be written in the divorce papers that he allows the child/ren to enter and leave with the mother as and when she pleases - although in theory its a HUGE risk, regardless of whether its in paperwork or not. And i personally wouldnt want to put my child at risk. I dont think it would hold much substance if the child's biological had passed away, it is the parents that are named on the birth certificate that holds parental responsibility - so cant see how another family member could/would take on that role.

You can get papers where the husband / father gives his permission to leave Tunisia, we didnt have that, so this is why im assuming hubby had to give his thumb print. I dont know IF we had those papers whether he would still have to, and wasnt sticking around to ask the rude woman either, it was early and i hadnt had my caffeine! :p

Trulymadlydeeply

As far as the embassy here in London, they have stated i can as long as i take ALL necessary paperwork to Tunisia for hubby to complete. :confused: But that was going back 5 months now and ive still NOT received nothing - and i will not be chasing them. The embassy in London were taken aback when i said i was questioned entering the country not leaving :D
I telephoned and inquired as I would rather have the Tunisian passport in my possession rather than his "Dad" have it... She said of course my son could have one but tell his father to apply for it :mad: :rolleyes:

huttan

Huttan..

As far as i am aware - and i may be wrong..IF we was to divorce then it can be written in the divorce papers that he allows the child/ren to enter and leave with the mother as and when she pleases - although in theory its a HUGE risk, regardless of whether its in paperwork or not. And i personally wouldnt want to put my child at risk. I dont think it would hold much substance if the child's biological had passed away, it is the parents that are named on the birth certificate that holds parental responsibility - so cant see how another family member could/would take on that role.

You can get papers where the husband / father gives his permission to leave Tunisia, we didnt have that, so this is why im assuming hubby had to give his thumb print. I dont know IF we had those papers whether he would still have to, and wasnt sticking around to ask the rude woman either, it was early and i hadnt had my caffeine! :p
I did read somewhere about that it could be trouble for the woman to leave the country with the child if the husband has past away...maybe someone knows more?