Children with a Tunisian

Jasmine

I telephoned and inquired as I would rather have the Tunisian passport in my possession rather than his "Dad" have it... She said of course my son could have one but tell his father to apply for it :mad: :rolleyes:
I know where you're coming from, and i agree. I would be the one travelling (for now) so it would be in my possession. I made them aware that dad was in Tunisia, and they said i would need to take the application form to Tunisia to get him to complete and sign. But we couldnt apply for it in Tunisia as S is resides in the UK.

To be honest, i dont see the need for her to have one just yet. :confused: She's only 6 months old, and it costs enough buying a UK passport which is valid 5 years.

FoxyRoxie89

I know where you're coming from, and i agree. I would be the one travelling (for now) so it would be in my possession. I made them aware that dad was in Tunisia, and they said i would need to take the application form to Tunisia to get him to complete and sign. But we couldnt apply for it in Tunisia as S is resides in the UK.

To be honest, i dont see the need for her to have one just yet. :confused: She's only 6 months old, and it costs enough buying a UK passport which is valid 5 years.
In order for them to get a tunisian passport, they neeed to register their birth in tunisia, well when me and S asked about this I was told I NEED TO GO TO TUNISIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON

Well I live 3 hours away!

Trulymadlydeeply

When you get there after travelling for 3 hours you will get sent away!!!!! They WILL NOT issue a Tunisian passport to a British mother fullstop!!!!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Also not 100% but don't think the birth has to be registered in Tunisia as long as fathers name on Birth Cert should be all they would want to see.....

Jasmine

In order for them to get a tunisian passport, they neeed to register their birth in tunisia, well when me and S asked about this I was told I NEED TO GO TO TUNISIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON

Well I live 3 hours away!
I live 5 hours. Enfidha asked me on entering where the Tunisian passport was for little one. At that point she was only 5 weeks old, and my main concern was taking her over to meet daddy! Hubby has now registered her in Tunisia and its in the book that was given at our wedding.

I called the embassy in London, and they said they would send me by post the application form (not received it) and i would need to take it to Tunisia to get her dad to complete and sign it.

But as Truly stated, maybe the reason ive not received nothing is that hubby is NOT present in the UK, and after they discussed it between themselves, have come to the decision that she cannot have one unless her dad is here also??:confused:

Vicky30

My solicitor said to me yesterday, "You do realise you can never go back to Tunisia with *** until he is 20 years of age

I feel sorry for his TN family :(
Why until your son is 20? Are they then classed as an adult?

Vic

Marie1959

In Tunisia hun thats the age that he would be able to return without his parents consent. Different laws again and its a chance you take when a marriage breaks down that with a Tunisian if you visit Tunisia with children you may return alone and not have them back with you till they are the age they come on their own accord.

Vicky30

Today I watched an interesting film Not without My Daughter. Excellant film. Definately gave food for thought!!!

I think this was produced in the early/mid 90's, I can't believe that the Law in Tunisia with regards to kids is still the same:confused:

Vicky30

In Tunisia hun thats the age that he would be able to return without his parents consent. Different laws again and its a chance you take when a marriage breaks down that with a Tunisian if you visit Tunisia with children you may return alone and not have them back with you till they are the age they come on their own accord.
Thanks. As much as I don't want to think of these things at this stage information/knowledge is power;)

Jasmine

Today I watched an interesting film Not without My Daughter. Excellant film. Definately gave food for thought!!!

I think this was produced in the early/mid 90's, I can't believe that the Law in Tunisia with regards to kids is still the same:confused:
The book is better than the movie!

Food for thought definately, but in some cases the reality for some people.

You dont need permission from the father to exit Tunisia only if you are divorced. You need it at ALL times! Married / separated / divorced..It means nothing if the father is not travelling with you - they will not stamp an exit stamp in the childs passport without HIS permission.

FoxyRoxie89

Stranhe though 2 times they did, 3rd time Enfidha made an issue, 4th time fine again!

Jasmine

Stranhe though 2 times they did, 3rd time Enfidha made an issue, 4th time fine again!
Have you travelled out of Tunis aswell Roxie?

I found Tunis alot easier travelling out from than Enfidha. They questioned me on entering and in November on leaving too. It was Enfidha that hubby had to give his signature and thumb print. They were "stricter" than Tunis ;)

Marie1959

Yes I understand they need fathers consent in all area's regarding children leaving Tunisia have it with my own grandson ever time he goes to see his other grand parents but when the relationship is still intact there usually are no problems. That was the point I was trying to make.

FoxyRoxie89

Have you travelled out of Tunis aswell Roxie?

I found Tunis alot easier travelling out from than Enfidha. They questioned me on entering and in November on leaving too. It was Enfidha that hubby had to give his signature and thumb print. They were "stricter" than Tunis ;)
Yes travelled out 2 times, never in with Aj, no problems, Enfidha S had to come to.immigration control, show id card etc

Tunis my husband even asked if he needed to, they said no! X

lynn

I have that film , brilliant film it's Iran/states and it's a true story and happens all the time, although my son in law won't agree he is Iranian ...

Trulymadlydeeply

That film makes me want to put my foot through the TV screen!!!!! :mad:

catwoman

I have a nearly 3 yr old son with a Tunisian man who has never seen him he is not on his birth certificate and his surname is my mother's maiden name i have traveled to Tunisia with my son and so far i have had no problems i am going back in July. Reading this has got me worried what laws would apply for my situation ???

crazypink

I have a nearly 3 yr old son with a Tunisian man who has never seen him he is not on his birth certificate and his surname is my mother's maiden name i have traveled to Tunisia with my son and so far i have had no problems i am going back in July. Reading this has got me worried what laws would apply for my situation ???
Your ex CAN stop you from leaving Tunisia and force a DNA to prove he is the father. The child (once in Tunisia) is Tunisian and would only be allowed to leave with his fathers consent. His name does not need to be on the birth cert or passport for this to happen.

Amy Ben Salem

in all opinions is it best to have my children in the U.k or Tunisia? with regards to passports and an easier life?

or can i have children in either country and apply for both passports? to make coming and going easier..

with a Tunisian passport i take it you still need fathers consent to leave..

quite curious now for the future..

gem15

in all opinions is it best to have my children in the U.k or Tunisia? with regards to passports and an easier life?

or can i have children in either country and apply for both passports? to make coming and going easier..

with a Tunisian passport i take it you still need fathers consent to leave..

quite curious now for the future..
I am actually going thru this at the moment. we have both decided to have the baby in the UK due to the fact i will be more comfortable with communication and it looks better on the childs birth certificate that he/she was born in the UK rather than Tunisia. You can get a british passprt from tunisia too but is 2 and a half times more expensive also registering the birth is very expensive.

We will apply for a British and Tunisian passport whilst we are in the UK.

If the child is born here in tunisia it will be a British subject not a British citizen as this is the case of one of my friends.

As soon as the baby is born and we have the correct paperwork we will be returing to Tunisia to bring him/her up.