Children with a Tunisian

Amy Ben Salem

i think i would be more comfortable having my children here too, shame i will have to do it without my husband as we also want to live and bring up our family in tunisia..

so i know how to obviously apply for a british passport here but how would i get a tunisian passport here in the uk?

so with 2 passports for the child it makes coming and going easier..

i thought when you get citizenship in Tunisia you lose all rights in the u.k? this is what a friend told me? after 6 months or something :confused:

it doesnt apply to me yet but just trying to work out how we go about our plans and how long im going to have to stay here, need to be there to make a baby ;)

LittleMissSunshine

Do you have to have a Tunisian birth certificate for your child to get a Tunisian passport if the child is born in the UK, or will the Tunisian embassy in London accept the usual one you get in the registry office? xxx

Jane BM

i think i would be more comfortable having my children here too, shame i will have to do it without my husband as we also want to live and bring up our family in tunisia..

so i know how to obviously apply for a british passport here but how would i get a tunisian passport here in the uk?

so with 2 passports for the child it makes coming and going easier..

i thought when you get citizenship in Tunisia you lose all rights in the u.k? this is what a friend told me? after 6 months or something :confused:

it doesnt apply to me yet but just trying to work out how we go about our plans and how long im going to have to stay here, need to be there to make a baby ;)
Amy if/when the time came and you were living in Tunisia but wanted to come home to have the baby..couldnt your husband apply for a visitors visa so that he was here with you at the time so you didnt have to do it on your own?? i dont know...just asking....

gem15

Amy if/when the time came and you were living in Tunisia but wanted to come home to have the baby..couldnt your husband apply for a visitors visa so that he was here with you at the time so you didnt have to do it on your own?? i dont know...just asking....
Thats what we are planning on doing. The VV we apply for in June will cover us until november which is perfect as the baby is due at the start of October!

gem15

Do you have to have a Tunisian birth certificate for your child to get a Tunisian passport if the child is born in the UK, or will the Tunisian embassy in London accept the usual one you get in the registry office? xxx
No. You can take the british BC and the fathers Passport to obtain a Tunisian PP in the UK.

Jane BM

Thats what we are planning on doing. The VV we apply for in June will cover us until november which is perfect as the baby is due at the start of October!
Sounds like a good plan!!! you couldnt have timed it better if youd tried....;)

LittleMissSunshine

No. You can take the british BC and the fathers Passport to obtain a Tunisian PP in the UK.
Thanks Gem - not that I'm even pregnant or contemplating being pregnant in the immediate future, but it's just useful to know what's required for when the time hopefully arrives once we've managed to save a little money.

I'm assuming that the Tunisian national applies for the passport on behalf of the child rather than the British mother, and that you can apply by post to the embassy in London like you can do here for a British passport? xxx

gem15

Thanks Gem - not that I'm even pregnant or contemplating being pregnant in the immediate future, but it's just useful to know what's required for when the time hopefully arrives once we've managed to save a little money.

I'm assuming that the Tunisian national applies for the passport on behalf of the child rather than the British mother, and that you can apply by post to the embassy in London like you can do here for a British passport? xxx
I dont know yet of you do it by post or if you can go direct to the embassy in London or both. I will let you know in october. :D

Amy Ben Salem

but isnt a visitors visa really hard too ? i heard its just as hard as the settlement visa and he would have to have lots of money in his account, bla bla and so the headache begins again?

we wont be able to afford to throw lots of money at it and i dont want all the stress of it especially if im pregnant i stress enough in my everyday life, lol x x

Jane BM

but isnt a visitors visa really hard too ? i heard its just as hard as the settlement visa and he would have to have lots of money in his account, bla bla and so the headache begins again?

we wont be able to afford to throw lots of money at it and i dont want all the stress of it especially if im pregnant i stress enough in my everyday life, lol x x
It would be a totally different situation though Amy cos YOU would be living in Tunisia...just like Gem is now...and you would already be living with your husband....i think the difficulties with VV's are when the wife lives here and the husband lives over there and then of course the 'intent to return' on your husbands behalf would be harder for him to prove...whereas with you already living over there with him and having a home and life together over there...its a whole different scenario then.....and i wouldnt imagine that difficult for you to obtain...something to look into in the future maybe.....

Amy Ben Salem

something to bare in mind..

we are hoping to have a baby soon, enchallah :D would help if i was there!!!!!

keep paying the bills and save a little and then i will go.. wish i was not so responsible and i could just leave and forget the loan... :mad::mad:

Mizz Kinza

applying for visitors visa in these situations are completely pointless as i can tell you that you will get refused..
reasons being is that YOU are married and that the ECO will probably say that he doesnt think the husbands will return to tunisia after the birth of the child...

speaking from experiance if u r married go for the settlement visa as there's more chance of getting that approved n also if u are bout to give birth then settlement visa too as visitors visa is rarely even accepted nowadays

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but u just going to waste time n money - i know from previous experiance

Jane BM

applying for visitors visa in these situations are completely pointless as i can tell you that you will get refused..
reasons being is that YOU are married and that the ECO will probably say that he doesnt think the husbands will return to tunisia after the birth of the child...

speaking from experiance if u r married go for the settlement visa as there's more chance of getting that approved n also if u are bout to give birth then settlement visa too as visitors visa is rarely even accepted nowadays

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but u just going to waste time n money - i know from previous experiance
You are wrong there im afraid cos Amy is in a different situation....she is talking about actually living in Tunisia herself and then coming home if/when pregnant to have the baby in the UK...then returning back to Tunisia with her husband as that is where they will live....

Jasmine

Is Laine not married to her husband and recently had a successful VV? ;)

It can be done..Regardless of whether you reside in the UK or Tunisia. I would imagine it all comes down to the strength of the paper work again :confused: I also know people that are married and appealed the refusal against VV and won at appeal.

gem15

Ive known quite a few VV being accepted and they all live here! It all depends on the paperwork!!

lainie

Is Laine not married to her husband and recently had a successful VV? ;)

It can be done..Regardless of whether you reside in the UK or Tunisia. I would imagine it all comes down to the strength of the paper work again :confused: I also know people that are married and appealed the refusal against VV and won at appeal.
hi jas
yes, i am married to my husband, well, i was when i left this morning ;)

Mizz Kinza

apologies- misread the post :(

Amy Ben Salem

you got it in one jane :)

its cheaper too for the visitors visa so not much to waste ;) worth a try.. i would 100% send him back and so would all my family, very honest family, mums a registered child minder and stepdad works for the NHS and they BOTH go to church, there is no way he would be allowed to put a foot out of place, lol...

shall see what happens, many options to think about but hurdles to get over first... xx

Jane BM

you got it in one jane :)

its cheaper too for the visitors visa so not much to waste ;) worth a try.. i would 100% send him back and so would all my family, very honest family, mums a registered child minder and stepdad works for the NHS and they BOTH go to church, there is no way he would be allowed to put a foot out of place, lol...

shall see what happens, many options to think about but hurdles to get over first... xx
Youll get there in time....what would life be without its little challenges....;)

Trulymadlydeeply

I have just read that once a child of Tunisian parentage full or Tunisian/western reaches 18 they no longer need consent from the father to exit Tunisia. I was always under the impression it was 20? Can anyone clarify?