Chit Chat about anything..

caveatemptor

In the past I found it difficult to find a replacement watch battery in Sousse. There is a fairly new place, a free standing shop next to the escalators in the Slim Centre, who replaced mine for only 5 dinars. Any other tips on how to find those hard to get items would be appreciated.

lainie

happy saturday
710 and 692.
this is becoming obsessive!!!
off to gym again
xxx

babsi

Hello to all my old T.com friends. Hope you've all been keeping well. Apologies for my long absence it's not that I have not thought of you all but rather due to my disappointment with my tunisian experience. In fact it's been a pretty rubbish year. Don't know where to start really as so much has happened.

Firstly I guess and most important for me Esme has had health problems which thankfully seem to be sorted now but at the time caused be a great deal of worry and when I could have done with the support of a loving partner, well it was sadly lacking. I made no bones about the fact that Esme will always be all important to me but R just could not deal with it. At times it was like having 2 children. I needed the support of the man I loved but sadly he turned out to have a selfish streak a mile wide and started to resent the fact that Esme was taking so much of my time, espescially when she was in hospital. I know in his defence he always said he never wanted children, but somehow I thought this would change when we decided to give the family thing a try.

Never having had much of a family myself I so wanted it now and really thought I'd cracked it, a child I'd always dreamed of and a man who said he loved me. Well I think he maybe loved the idea of me more so..if that makes sense:confused: Anyway things went from bad to worse, he became jealous and possessive and flew off in a tantrum whenever faced with a situation not of his choosing. The final straw was when he slapped me. That was the end and despite the fact seconds after he did it I could see in his face that he was sorry he had, I knew I could never trust him after that. I will never be anyones punchbag so I packed our things and left.

I'm now back in the UK staying with friends waiting for the tennants in my house to move out so I can move back in. They are waiting for their house sale to complete hopefully middle of April. So maybe its fate I'm meant to be back home in the house where I was happiest in my life. This time I will be sharing it with a cherished daughter. I will not prevent him from seeing Esme he is part of her life and though he does not want that now he may do in the future. But for me I think I can say I'm over him and he no longer has any claim on my heart. It's actually a relief in a way to feel free of it all, I can look to the future with positive eyes and know I will make it mine by my own merits. I can say once I've moved back into my own space I'm looking forward to the future and whats past is well and truely past.

BTW ~ Lots of chnges on the new look T.com site, very nice. :)

Jennifer_1987

Sorry to hear what has happened Babsi, wishing you and your daughter best wishes for a happy future together xxxx

trotter

Hi Babsi, sorry to hear what happened to you .I must say you sound like you have a positive outlook on life beleive me its the best way to be !

Good luck for your new start both you and your daughter! x

ROULLA

Hi Babsi hope that you and your little treasure are both in good health! Wow so much has gone on, i am really sorry that all of this has happened to you as you have had such a hard time in the past that you deserve so much better.. Well at least you had the decency to give Esme's dad a second chance but it looks like he messed that up as well.
We really did miss you so much on this site, hope that you move into your house as soon as possible so that you can get on with your life with Esme. Wish you all the luck and happiness in the world x x x
Oh and by the way and did not forget you when it was your birthday x x

C

Cas

Good Luck for the future back in your own home with your little daughter, you sound as if you have come through some tough times and are looking towards the future in a positive light.

Dinna

Thank you Lainie!! :) I'm impressed with your will power to go to the gym btw! Good for you, I'm jealous lol! :)

lainie

going shopping for wedding dress tomorrow so need to keep it up!
xxx

Essem

Staff member
HI Babsi, Great to see you back on and thanks for the update.

You've obviously given things your best shot, didn't know you had gone out to Tn to live. If you hadn't, you probably always be wondering 'what if' but now that you've done it and it hasn't worked out for the best for you and Esme, at least you can move on.

One slap is one too many. It would have been a slippery slope, for sure after that and I'm so glad you had the courage and sense to leave that behind. Many don't and it only gets worse no matter how much they justify and minimise 'the bad bits'.

Time to move on now for you and Esme - hope her health continues to improve and that you're both soon settled back in your home.

Maybe you could let us know how you found the health system for the baby here in Tunisia?

Dinna

Oh yay!! That's so exciting :D Good luck!

annie

So sorry Babsi but glad to hear Esme is doing well. Wishing you and Esme all the very best for the future.xxx

missmetal

Good luck for the future! glad you were able to stand up for yourself. truely inspirational.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hey Babsi, so glad to hear from you. I hope your daughters health problems heve been resolved at the end of the day she is better of with your complete love and devotion than being with 2 parents not getting along. She will have all your great qualities I'm sure and will be your best friend. That 1st slap, hmmmm so pleased that you went as soon as that happened, how dare he!!!! Esme was meant to be here and she is a fighter like her mum, you two hold in there and please let us know how you are from time to time xxx

lainie

hi all
today's votes in!
off to try on wedding dresses.
have a good day
xx

Dinna

Oh yay!! Good luck and have fun!! :D

Did the rest of you forget about me?? :(

laura-saif

hey guys thought i would add another quick update as im quite upset as we been waiting 9 weeks tomorrow for embassy to call hubby to collect visa after appeal and we have a friend who only waited a couple of weeks after the appeal to get call and collect his visa its so stressfull and upsetting..........x

trotter

Laura as Tunisians say keep positive keep optimistic i know its hard to feel like this you will get what you want ! . Its such a slow process its not easy when you fall in love with a Tunisian . Im thinking of you and hope you will send us some good news inchallah! x :)

trotter

When are you off to Tunisia? im going 29th April for 3 weeks x

hopexx

Is or was Sue a member,, It's all about a woman who married a Tunisian man, sold her house for a business with her new Tunisian husband. She came back to the uk for a holiday, found that she had cancer, got over it (thank god) went back to Tunisia but the ******* had gambled the lot. All she had left was a ticket home. They were only married 5 months