Chit Chat about anything..

Dinna

yeah definitely keeping an eye on her... dont trust that she has given up just yet! Thanks for the votes :)
Did you hear back from your friend yet btw?

huttan

No havnt heard anything yet...will send her a new message and see how it goes there.

Dont trust that russian...she might have something in her backpocket ;-)

Dinna

Thank you! So nice of you :)
Yeah exactly!! Don't trust her one bit...

Trulymadlydeeply

What a good Muslim she married then...... One more devastated woman left with nothing but heartache and an empty bank account!!!! Makes me sick they should be strung up by their bo**ocks!!!! IMO :)

lainie

769 and 749
hurray!

debstyler

774 & 754
xx

skele

I agree Truly, they are dispicable and it's even more horrifying when their whole families go along with it. How do they live with themselves.

Can't these men be done for fraud? Not in Tunisia obviously but in the UK and not just these extreme cases but the one's who marry for visas? Hard to prove and wot not but not impossible, there should be something that can be done???? Has anyone ever tried I wonder?!

Janan

Banned
What a good Muslim she married then...... One more devastated woman left with nothing but heartache and an empty bank account!!!! Makes me sick they should be strung up by their bo**ocks!!!! IMO :)
certainly not a good muslim

debstyler

794 & 773 now hun
xx

Dinna

Thank you ladies :D

NetNiet

I agree Truly, they are dispicable and it's even more horrifying when their whole families go along with it. How do they live with themselves.

Can't these men be done for fraud? Not in Tunisia obviously but in the UK and not just these extreme cases but the one's who marry for visas? Hard to prove and wot not but not impossible, there should be something that can be done???? Has anyone ever tried I wonder?!
I don't say that these are good men offcourse who do that, but untill they still get the oppurtinity from and by the European women, it will not stop. The European women are responsible for these kind off situations aswell.

So to my opinion what has to be done first is that the European women has to enjoy their time at the pink clouds when they meet a Tunisian man!

But before the European women is giving expensive presents, giving money, talking about get married, talking about visa's, they have to think and realise, is this realistic?
Meeting a man in holiday atmosphere, sun, beach, relax time, drinks is totally different than when you meet a man in your own country, you will see him more often, than maybe getting to live together before getting married.

I've heard so many European women saying my boyfriend is different, it's really love.
But how would you know by not knowing him outside Holiday atmosphere???
Talking a lot off time at telephone and MSN and Skype is than the answer and the solution, but that's also totally different than in real life spending time together.

After 2 times been on Holiday here in Tunisia, the Europan women are speaking with their boyfriends about getting married and visa's. OK maybe they are saying that they don't want to do it so soon, but later. But what they don't realise is that talking about this, is already enough for some Tunisian men because they know that there comes one day, they might be the lucky one.

And what I don't understand from these European women is that they don't want to know if it's really love?!
If they want to know it, they have to act like there is no money, no way to get a visa etc. and tell him that she wants to live in Tunisia with him and keep that telling for a long long time.

And the best way to my opinion is allways to get to stay with him for 3 or 4 months in Tunisia, but I realise that that is not possible to do for most off the European women.

So please stop blaming allways ONLY the Tunisian men, the European women has to have a look aswell in the mirror to here responsibility and what she could have done differently for not getting in a situation like this.

C

Cas

I so agree with everything you have written, it is about time we had some straight talking on this topic.

lozz

I so agree with everything you have written, it is about time we had some straight talking on this topic.
So do I. Not long ago I was criticised on here for waiting so long to do my husbands visa. Yeah i waited nearly 5 years so what. We got engaged after 1 and a half years and married after 4 years during this time we lived together for 1 year. I had never been married before and we took our time and this was our choice. We did not meet and rush into anything. We have been through some very tough times and we have come through it stronger.

C

Cas

Yes so you give yourself every chance of a longlasting relationship, done all the groundwork, makes good sense.

babsi

I'm just pleased I went with my instincts and didn't rush into marraige and kept my finances mine. Really sorry to hear your relationship floundered and I hope you're able to move on and rebuild away from his influence. Sometimes when we want something so much we find ways of convicing ourselves it will be different for me. I don't know what the answer is, we all want to trust the person we love, and when you love someone it's easy to be blinded to their faults. But I think it's important to value yourself more.

babsi

Hi Babsi hope that you and your little treasure are both in good health! Wow so much has gone on, i am really sorry that all of this has happened to you as you have had such a hard time in the past that you deserve so much better.. Well at least you had the decency to give Esme's dad a second chance but it looks like he messed that up as well.
We really did miss you so much on this site, hope that you move into your house as soon as possible so that you can get on with your life with Esme. Wish you all the luck and happiness in the world x x x
Oh and by the way and did not forget you when it was your birthday x x
Thanks Roulla for your Birthday wishes. XX I feel quite peaceful about stuff now, sort of got things in prospective. He knows we are back in the UK I have told him if he wants to see Esme, he can call to arrange something anytime, No answer as yet. I'm not bothered but I feel for Esme when she grows and maybe thinks her Dad did not want to spend time with her. Maybe he will step up to the Dad bit one day, until then I'll be both mum and dad.

babsi

HI Babsi, Great to see you back on and thanks for the update.

You've obviously given things your best shot, didn't know you had gone out to Tn to live. If you hadn't, you probably always be wondering 'what if' but now that you've done it and it hasn't worked out for the best for you and Esme, at least you can move on.

One slap is one too many. It would have been a slippery slope, for sure after that and I'm so glad you had the courage and sense to leave that behind. Many don't and it only gets worse no matter how much they justify and minimise 'the bad bits'.

Time to move on now for you and Esme - hope her health continues to improve and that you're both soon settled back in your home.

Maybe you could let us know how you found the health system for the baby here in Tunisia?
Hi Essem, we were living in Italy. R had a job there before we went out to join him. Health care there was not much different to ours but costs...I can't see him ever going back to Tunisia, except maybe for visits, as long as he has his job which seems quite secure.

Esme is so much improved, but I guess it has been a bit of a setback to her developement, but I have every confidence she will grow in both strength and ability. ~ She is her mother's daughter after all. ;-)

babsi

I think I posted above on the wrong thread hahahaha....finding my way around. I was looking at the thread on divorce. But I guess here's as good a place as any. Same old.XX

Janan

Banned
it is not boring at all - to be with Tunisian man

Janan

Banned

I would also like to know, if someone tried. But I can imagine that would be very hard to prove, the woman would have to prove it by evidence and testimony, and she would get under heavy fire - getting very personal and tricky questions about her character. and intentions.