Chit Chat about anything..

smiley_jo

Wishing you every happiness in the future Babsi,

Smiley

skele

I don't say that these are good men offcourse who do that, but untill they still get the oppurtinity from and by the European women, it will not stop. The European women are responsible for these kind off situations aswell.

So to my opinion what has to be done first is that the European women has to enjoy their time at the pink clouds when they meet a Tunisian man!

But before the European women is giving expensive presents, giving money, talking about get married, talking about visa's, they have to think and realise, is this realistic?
Meeting a man in holiday atmosphere, sun, beach, relax time, drinks is totally different than when you meet a man in your own country, you will see him more often, than maybe getting to live together before getting married.

I've heard so many European women saying my boyfriend is different, it's really love.
But how would you know by not knowing him outside Holiday atmosphere???
Talking a lot off time at telephone and MSN and Skype is than the answer and the solution, but that's also totally different than in real life spending time together.

After 2 times been on Holiday here in Tunisia, the Europan women are speaking with their boyfriends about getting married and visa's. OK maybe they are saying that they don't want to do it so soon, but later. But what they don't realise is that talking about this, is already enough for some Tunisian men because they know that there comes one day, they might be the lucky one.

And what I don't understand from these European women is that they don't want to know if it's really love?!
If they want to know it, they have to act like there is no money, no way to get a visa etc. and tell him that she wants to live in Tunisia with him and keep that telling for a long long time.

And the best way to my opinion is allways to get to stay with him for 3 or 4 months in Tunisia, but I realise that that is not possible to do for most off the European women.

So please stop blaming allways ONLY the Tunisian men, the European women has to have a look aswell in the mirror to here responsibility and what she could have done differently for not getting in a situation like this.
I understand what you're trying to say but the MEN ARE TO BLAME HERE!

Some of these women might act foolishly but no one deserves this. These men prey on the vulnerable and they know exactly what they are doing. It is pre meditated and calculated and they go in with the intention of using these women and ripping them off.

What you're saying is they should lie about their finances and situation and keep testing these men to see if they're for real? That's not a proper relationship either is it? If you're being totally dishonest with your partner and testing them because they might not really like you then that's hardly the basis for a good relationship!

Some of these women may be a little delusional but these men find desperate women and convince them that they love them.
These men are con men and there are people like this all over the world doing it to men and to women, it just so happens that it is a lot more prevelant in Tunisia, which is very sad. Not just because of what happens to these women but because it tars them all with the same brush.

hopexx

Let me start by tell you all that i am 15 stone quite tall and blond, not a stunner by any way.. I was always the girl without the boyfriend. Well i went to tunisia with my 3 kids in 2001.. One of the waiters in my hotel paid me so much attention he was better looking than any other man in Tunisia.. He was also 10 years younger than me. Married him in 2002 and he came to live here (you probably guessed that bit) we lived together 6 years and he was never faithful to me.. I am now divorced, but love him with every part pf my being... Well last month I went to Tunisia with him,as his mum thinks we are still together. When we were in Monastir airport on the way home I noticed so many young Tunisian men saying Good bye to their british girlfiriends. The girlfriends seem to be fat,old,old fashioned and not a stunner in the bunch.. I felt a bit ashamed to be there as my ex was with me,as it was like a meat market.. Don't worry no members of this website were at the airport that day.. lol But you can see it is big business.. sorry if this has upset anyone.. I am now 16 stone lol..

gem15

Let me start by tell you all that i am 15 stone quite tall and blond, not a stunner by any way.. I was always the girl without the boyfriend. Well i went to tunisia with my 3 kids in 2001.. One of the waiters in my hotel paid me so much attention he was better looking than any other man in Tunisia.. He was also 10 years younger than me. Married him in 2002 and he came to live here (you probably guessed that bit) we lived together 6 years and he was never faithful to me.. I am now divorced, but love him with every part pf my being... Well last month I went to Tunisia with him,as his mum thinks we are still together. When we were in Monastir airport on the way home I noticed so many young Tunisian men saying Good bye to their british girlfiriends. The girlfriends seem to be fat,old,old fashioned and not a stunner in the bunch.. I felt a bit ashamed to be there as my ex was with me,as it was like a meat market.. Don't worry no members of this website were at the airport that day.. lol But you can see it is big business.. sorry if this has upset anyone.. I am now 16 stone lol..
Sorry to hear about your relationship but thank you so much for your post, it did make me laugh. At last someone telling it how it is.

hopexx

im sue i'm gonna upset all the stunners here,, lol

olliebaby

im sue i'm gonna upset all the stunners here,, lol
You have said it how it is though, well, 95% of the couples you see anyway so it will only upset the people who it applies to. Sorry to hear your story too.

DebbieZebbes

Your post made me laugh. :) I've never noticed it at the airport, but I've seen photos of couples like that. If it's so obvious for everyone to see that some couples are so mis-matched that it can't be genuine, why can't these women see it themselves. I think the old fashioned part is the bigggest give away.:confused:

Janan

Banned
hoppex it was fun reading your post :), you take life from perspective and with good overview

hopexx

we have rose coloured glasses and they have white sticks.. I saw this tanned body looking hot,,and he was with a woman prob same age but she had a bad bad limp, one leg shorter than the other.. Nothing wrong with that,, but there must be hundreds of tunisian beauty's in his village dreaming for a chance...

NetNiet

I understand what you're trying to say but the MEN ARE TO BLAME HERE!
No sorry I mostly agree with things you write, but in this case not!

Some of these women might act foolishly but no one deserves this. These men prey on the vulnerable and they know exactly what they are doing. It is pre meditated and calculated and they go in with the intention of using these women and ripping them off.
No I agree no person deserve it, but at these kind off situation the European women can do something else instead of not thinking.
I did write in the past here aswell about it. If I ask the European women would you accept this behouvior from a man at your own country, they say no, if I ask, did you ever give so much money to a man from your own country after seeing him 2 or 4 weeks, they say no and so I can keep on going with all kind off questions which a lot off European women don't accept from men from their own country, but do accept from Tunisian men....that's not logical, that's staying at a pink cloud. And really nothing wrong with that, enjoy it, but please without your money or visa!

And I think you're wrong that these Tunisian men know what they're doing, some will, but a lot off them not. They just think about going to paradise Europe, that's their goal. They hear from their friends and family members that their European girlfriends send them money with Western union, organising visa's etc, so what do they, they ask and if 1 is not ginving it, they move on to the next!

If it is like you say that they know what they're doing, do you than also believe that they know what they're doing by going to Lampedusa by boat?
Well I can tell you they don't, they don't realise how much danger the boat journey is, they don't know and realise what it is to be illegaly in a country, not be able to go to a doctor, work hard if they can find a job for little money and not be able to get back to Tunisia to see their family!
They don't know but they think they know! And they go to Paradise Europe!

What you're saying is they should lie about their finances and situation and keep testing these men to see if they're for real? That's not a proper relationship either is it? If you're being totally dishonest with your partner and testing them because they might not really like you then that's hardly the basis for a good relationship!
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying that they should ly!
And no it's not a good base for a normal relationsship I agree with you! But I think it will protect a lot off European women from another not proper relationship because they get married after seeing a man in real life for maybe 4 till 6 weeks! That's not really a good base for a marriage aswell!

Some of these women may be a little delusional but these men find desperate women and convince them that they love them.
These men are con men and there are people like this all over the world doing it to men and to women, it just so happens that it is a lot more prevelant in Tunisia, which is very sad. Not just because of what happens to these women but because it tars them all with the same brush.
It are not only vunarable or delusional women, if I speak with some I think most off the times when I speak with them about other things or about their work, wow they are clever or good thinking or logical thinking, but when it goes about this kind off situations they loose the real view about it!
I think that's because they fal in love, but they need to combine it with normal thinking, just like they do with relationships in their own country

C

Cas

Think you have said it exactly right. Also hope that any women coming on here for general info. read it and do not forget it.

Dinna

Thank you ladies for your votes today :D

Trulymadlydeeply

I agree with you both, some women really must have rose tinted specs on oif they believe they are "the one" but also these men do have a plan and will use any means to get what they want!!!

I was not 15 stone I'd say about 9 1/2 I'm also 5ft 8ins so I wasn't old fashioned (he was the lucky one :) ) We did get married quicker than normal but it was our only chance of being together as I couldn't go there. We were married for 8 years, I divorced him, and guess who is still begging for the relationship to be rekindled??? NOT ME!!!!

My advice is unless you are prepared to go and live in Tunisia with your hobi, then think very long and hard at what you are doing. England is no place for a Tunisian man!!!! My opinion......

huttan

832 and 809 now =)

bobby g

Pleased to see you back Babsi...sorry to hear things did not work out and also about Esme's health problem. Hope that's sorted now and she'll continue to grow into a happy healthy child who I'm sure will give you years of pleasure...as only children can ;)

Sounds like you've made the best choice for you both and I think from what you say maybe it was best to put space between you and R. Maybe the stress of things were getting to him, but that is never an excuse for any type of violent behaviour.:mad: It's up to him weather or not he decides how much of a part he wants to play in Esme's life I guess. Maybe when he grows up a bit:rolleyes: trouble is Esme is growing also and may well leave him behind.

As long as she has you in her life I'm sure she'll turn out ok. Keep us posted. xx:D

skele

And I think you're wrong that these Tunisian men know what they're doing, some will, but a lot off them not. They just think about going to paradise Europe, that's their goal. They hear from their friends and family members that their European girlfriends send them money with Western union, organising visa's etc, so what do they, they ask and if 1 is not ginving it, they move on to the next!
Then they obviously do know what they're doing and it is calculated!

If it is like you say that they know what they're doing, do you than also believe that they know what they're doing by going to Lampedusa by boat?
Well I can tell you they don't, they don't realise how much danger the boat journey is, they don't know and realise what it is to be illegaly in a country, not be able to go to a doctor, work hard if they can find a job for little money and not be able to get back to Tunisia to see their family!
They don't know but they think they know! And they go to Paradise Europe!
In a lot of these cases no, they do not know what they're doing because a lot of them go abroad, struggle to survive but when they do get to go home for a visit they hire fancy cars and show off, perpetuating the myth! The illegal ones do have a very hard time unless they get lucky, which some do.
But the guys going to Lampedusa are only risking themselves, not using someone else. It's their choice to take that risk.

It are not only vunarable or delusional women, if I speak with some I think most off the times when I speak with them about other things or about their work, wow they are clever or good thinking or logical thinking, but when it goes about this kind off situations they loose the real view about it!
I think that's because they fal in love, but they need to combine it with normal thinking, just like they do with relationships in their own country
Yes they fall in love, not realising they are being duped because the person they are in love with convinces them that they are also in love with them. So they think that they are in an honest relationship but they are being conned so the person conning them is surely at fault?

Having said all that...
If I ask the European women would you accept this behouvior from a man at your own country, they say no, if I ask, did you ever give so much money to a man from your own country after seeing him 2 or 4 weeks, they say no and so I can keep on going with all kind off questions which a lot off European women don't accept from men from their own country, but do accept from Tunisian men....that's not logical, that's staying at a pink cloud.
What kind of behaviour do you mean and I wonder why they say they would accept it from men from one country and not the other?!!!

:)

skele

Do you think he married you for a visa though Hoppex? You say you went to Tunisia with him recently so you must still be friends at least? Did he start out genuine and then just make a really crappy husband?

Because they are the worst, the ones who go for single mothers. Like you said it's usually the larger or the older ladies!

Hope you find someone who treats you better, x.

Janan

Banned
In islam mainly man is responsible that his family runs properly, he has more responsibility. It is but difficult if he either does not know how to do it, or his priority is something else. Of course wife has her responsibilities too. These cases are abviously not for- to have family (not speaking about all but cases where relationship collapsed due to money, property, visa and so on) - and for European women - might be difficult to discover it quickly (except cases whne women go for something else than love and family). It is strange and new environment and new types of mens behavoir - for many women completely unknown, it can be easy to fall to trap. I would not wonder that it would happen the same to Tunisian man, if they suddenly come to Europe and meet sweet women who have side interests.

Janan

Banned
I think there are many types of men at Lampedusa: courageous, desperate who have nothing to loose, those which were sent by family, adventurous and cowards. And many mixed from above.

And to Net and Skeles conversation - yes, here are women in Europe and many, who give money and things to their men, loves, lover, husbands.... they support them in hard times and give also all, fighting together with alcohol problem or other addictions. Some of them relationships collaps some became even stronger.

May be European women would also accept poor European men if they are good and sweet to them at least as much as Tunisian men are, or may be only society prejudices and behavoir stereotypes are barrier that they dont choose right man for them but better that one with money and position.