Chit Chat about anything..

Aslemma

Unless my maths is faulty that makes an incrrease of around 500% immediately following BA pulling out of the route. We can only hope another airline will take over sooner rather than later.

Trulymadlydeeply

September 19th 2 weeks with tunisair £220.45 London Heathrow - Tunis

October £195.. Where are trip advisor looking?

Aslemma

September 19th 2 weeks with tunisair £220.45 London Heathrow - Tunis
October £195.. Where are trip advisor looking?
Goodness knows. I was more interested in how much prices have apparently gone up after October when BA is pulling out of the market.

Thomas Cook currently advertising online 11 nights, half board at Caruso Palace, 19 March 2014 from Manchester £354

What does everyone think about the Syrian situation?

Very sad and tragic...what about you?
I was always for some sort of intervention, I know not many agree but I think the world forgot Syria. Just my opinion.

Jane BM

I think the world forgot about a lot of conflicts sadly......

It's always the 'collateral damage' that occurs with intervention I think that worries people,as well as whether it will actually change anything there. Very difficult situation regardless.

I think there's also a fatigue right now across the world of intervening in another countries civil war. Think people are tired of seeing our servicemen and women being sent overseas in what can be perceived as someone else's fight...rightly or wrongly.

I think the world forgot about a lot of conflicts sadly......

It's always the 'collateral damage' that occurs with intervention I think that worries people,as well as whether it will actually change anything there. Very difficult situation regardless.

I think there's also a fatigue right now across the world of intervening in another countries civil war. Think people are tired of seeing our servicemen and women being sent overseas in what can be perceived as someone else's fight...rightly or wrongly.
I agree, however the World has an obligation to right what is wrong. Our servicemen and women signed up for this, to protect us and ultimately all humanity.

DARK ANGEL

No comment

Jane BM

I agree, however the World has an obligation to right what is wrong. Our servicemen and women signed up for this, to protect us and ultimately all humanity.
Having service personnel in my family, they certainly wouldn't baulk at entering into any conflict, regardless of where it is...that's what they're trained for...but it should be noted that their commitment is to serve 'Queen and country' not the world!!.

In an ideal world yes we should right what is wrong,...but it's not an ideal world, and atrocities happen all over the world, day in, day out....so how do we choose which is worthy of our intervention and which isn't? Tough choices really....

DARK ANGEL

Last edited:
Having service personnel in my family, they certainly wouldn't baulk at entering into any conflict, regardless of where it is...that's what they're trained for...but it should be noted that their commitment is to serve 'Queen and country' not the world!!.

In an ideal world yes we should right what is wrong,...but it's not an ideal world, and atrocities happen all over the world, day in, day out....so how do we choose which is worthy of our intervention and which isn't? Tough choices really....
Indeed, tough choices, however I will ask a question, that will not be acceptable I know. Imagine if these people were English/German/Scandinavian? what would the World do about it?

Mindy2

Syria : very interesting cake everyone run to take his part !No one care really care about the people there !
I don't think that is strictly true. I don't think the USA, British or French governments care about the people

lynn

I really wondering where salim is no news from him for a long time now...

Mindy2

I don't think the British, French or USA governments care about the people of Syria just like they don't care about the people of Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Its the oil they care about and providing a compliant neighbour for Israel. Lets face it we only have to look at how the world condones what Israel does to the Palestinians every day. Why doesn't the West go into Israel? The USA uses banned weapons like cluster bombs and funds Israel to use them on the Palestinians. Why is that acceptable? I don't think we should intervene, only because I don't think it would be for humanitarian reasons. They have a hidden agenda. If they did carry out air strikes what's to say they wont get the intended targets and end up killing a load of innocent people. We are only told what the media wants us to believe. I always thought that Bush and Blair were the biggest terrorists going, but I think Obama is closely behind. If the rich want a war, let them go and fight it but not in my name. That's just my opinion and obviously people are free to disagree.

KB72

Their wars are not ours.
It is a great shame, and really sad to see but we can't solve every problem in the world and dropping bombs isn't going to help the ones already suffering. Something should be done but that is where an alliance needs to form with multiple other countries. Where are the other countries? It is always the UK and US.