Chit Chat about anything..

Mindy2

Their wars are not ours.
It is a great shame, and really sad to see but we can't solve every problem in the world and dropping bombs isn't going to help the ones already suffering. Something should be done but that is where an alliance needs to form with multiple other countries. Where are the other countries? It is always the UK and US.
Yes because the USA and UK governments want to take control of the oil. Maybe the other countries can see that. Also in the middle East the problems in those countries lay much deeper eg different factions Sunni, S'hite etc.

missmetal

If the UK, USA or another EU country had a civil war I don't believe any other country would get involved at all.

It's not good what's happening over there but if western countries get involved and mistakenly bomb innocents; coz that can happen then then the US will continue to have their angry haters who want to destroy them. It's a loose loose situation for the west

Thousands of people are dying but if world war 3 kicks off because the West got involved then what have we gained from from it all. Sunni and Shia problems are continuous, the Muslims need to sort this out. As we can't just go in and try solve it for them.

There's us not enough concrete evidence that gas was used. Al nursa could have done that in order to get the west in there so that they have the chance to get closer to their goals.

Jane BM

I think there's no doubt now that chemical weapons have been used...think the doubt is who did it!! Whether it was the Assad regime or rebels or Al Nusra. I've my own opinion on this.

I think also that IF the Americans and or French go in, then they intend bombing military targets....how effective they are who knows, that's my worry!! The collateral damage.

Will a short sharp bombing campaign be effective and really change anything? And I'm talking about the people on the ground, the innocent people in Syria..what will change for them.

Mindy2

Also Im wondering if Iran is the real target here. If the West did go into Syria then Iran could get involved as they may see themselves being fenced in and being next. I still think its the oil that the west is after.

Mindy2

I think there's no doubt now that chemical weapons have been used...think the doubt is who did it!! Whether it was the Assad regime or rebels or Al Nusra. I've my own opinion on this.

I think also that IF the Americans and or French go in, then they intend bombing military targets....how effective they are who knows, that's my worry!! The collateral damage.

Will a short sharp bombing campaign be effective and really change anything? And I'm talking about the people on the ground, the innocent people in Syria..what will change for them.
Yes Jane it wil be the innocent people that will get hurt etc. We only have to look at countries like Pakistan when Obama sends his drones over. How many innocent people are hit then

Mindy2

If the UK, USA or another EU country had a civil war I don't believe any other country would get involved at all.

It's not good what's happening over there but if western countries get involved and mistakenly bomb innocents; coz that can happen then then the US will continue to have their angry haters who want to destroy them. It's a loose loose situation for the west

Thousands of people are dying but if world war 3 kicks off because the West got involved then what have we gained from from it all. Sunni and Shia problems are continuous, the Muslims need to sort this out. As we can't just go in and try solve it for them.

There's us not enough concrete evidence that gas was used. Al nursa could have done that in order to get the west in there so that they have the chance to get closer to their goals.
Yes the problems go much deeper eg the Sunnis and Shia

Mindy2

If the west did go in then we are putting ourselves more at risk from terrorist attacks here

DARK ANGEL

I don't think that is strictly true. I don't think the USA, British or French governments care about the people
If all these countries work hard fro their nations seems better than taking them to the war and keeling innocents people for Gas or oil or gold

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
If the west did go in then we are putting ourselves more at risk from terrorist attacks here

I do not actually think thats the case at all though I would say the Palestinian issue would reduce a lot of bad feeling (but it cannot be solved now)

I think extremists would just hate us for existing its their raison d'etre for example nearly all of the attacks in the UK are by local lads turned nutcase. Further examples are the Boston bombers and also 9/11 where the main guys where Saudi a country that actually enjoys power due to american co-operation.

I used to believe in peace and love and all that but now I become a little harsher in my old age I dont think things will get better, I dont think the Chinese will be better world leaders than the Americans and the world has actually become more peaceful since the USA was ultra powerful.

Our way of life requires us to be more powerful and to ensure we never have to pay back the massive debts we have accrued. Part of that is to ensure that oil and gas are paid for in dollars and that requires the Gulf Arabs to know who is boss.

When that ends we are finished and the big wars will start

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
If all these countries work hard fro their nations seems better than taking them to the war and keeling innocents people for Gas or oil or gold

It was always the case we are all civilised now but we are only 9 meals from anarchy.

What always amazes me is that already everyone is complaining about the USA etc but nothings happened as yet and thousands have died and 400+ kids have got gassed.

Ergo the syrian people and the others involved including 3000 Tunisians are doing a lovely job of killing people already.

I will put it another way those gas canisters being used they do not look too large...... what if a few of them get nicked and head over o London etc

Once the gas comes out unfortunately we have to get involved otherwise we look impotent and dont worry about the cost as we are bankrupt already to not lay down the law would result in perceived weakness and those debts might get called in.

“We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

Aslemma

There are thousands of Syrians saying that the West must not get involved and thousands more desperate for our help and pleading not to be left to their fate at the hands of the government. There really is no easy answer but if any government is allowed to use chemical weapons with impunity it can only encourage others who would be prepared to do the same. I think one of the big worries is that whilst the original opposition was simply intent on getting rid of Assad, they have now been joined by others, ijncluding members of Al Quaida, who appear to have a different agenda, and the west is understandably afraid that the country may jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Thats the problem now you also have the arabic people who preferred life under Moubarak and Ben Ali complaining now.

Not one of the revolutionary states is better than it was before at this moment in time economically.

I just think a few bombs and no more if he no longer carries on with chemicals, picking winners is not our mandate in this.

Essem

Staff member
Video Egypt: Celebrating the marriage of two newlyweds in the 21st century

He is 13. She is only 10. Yet, they just got married .

Young love indeed :rolleyes:

He is 13. She is only 10. Yet, they just got married ...

Imen, the bride is in the fourth grade. Her husband, Shems is first year of college. They were married on September 1, 2013.

The relatives of the young couple have claimed that they have agreed to marry the two children once they realized the love that they had for each other.

Last edited:

KB72

Video Egypt: Celebrating the marriage of two newlyweds in the 21st century

He is 13. She is only 10. Yet, they just got married .

Young love indeed :rolleyes:

He is 13. She is only 10. Yet, they just got married ...

Imen, the bride is in the fourth grade. Her husband, Shems is first year of college. They were married on September 1, 2013.

The relatives of the young couple have claimed that they have agreed to marry the two children once they realized the love that they had for each other.

I have to laugh at this. How can adults really believe that?

Jane BM

It absolutely beggars belief!!

huttan

13 and 10 like they even know where their heads are...:rolleyes::wideyed:

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted a pair of new rugby boots at 13 not a wife.

Jane BM

I wanted a pair of new rugby boots at 13 not a wife.
Us girls were far more mature...;)..Donny Osmond for me...