Chit Chat about anything..

Mindy2

Whilst I agree with what you say, I think there are 2 elements to this story. The woman was sectioned under the Mental Health Act for her own protection. It would appear that she was floridly psychotic. Not to have sectioned her would have placed her more at risk. She obviously needed treatment. I suspect that a decision was made by the psychiatrist to apply to the court for a caesarean to protect not only her but the baby as well. I am not saying whether it is right or wrong I am just stating what may have been the case. Because she was only a few weeks away from giving birth I should imagine that she was not able to have certain medication as it may have harmed the baby. If this was the case she would have remained very unwell thus not only would she be at risk but so could have the baby. We do not know all the facts surrounding that, only what we hear in the media. The Health Trust cannot explain why the decision was taken due to legal and confidentiality reasons. The second element is the behaviour of social services. They should never have allowed the child to be put up for adoption. They should have taken the baby to Italy and let the courts there decide what is in the best interests of the child. Social Services have targets to meet, just like any other public organisation. They have to carry out so many adoptions per year and of course most people want to adopt babies. This is totally wrong! I don't believe for one minute they exhausted all possibilities like they said. It is absolutely shocking! The other thing is, that those mothers with a mental illness will be scared to death that there children will be taken away from them. So if they feel they need help they will be too frightened to ask for it and may suffer as a consequence. Of course bi-polar just like most mental illnesses can be controlled by medication etc. In my experience women who have a mental illness are often very good mothers, as they know that 'society' is watching them.

Mindy2

Another issue is that the Court of Protection is done behind closed doors. There have been times when cases have been heard and people sentences to prison without even knowing the case has gone to court. This has happened to relatives of people with dementia etc. Its appalling. Hopefully the above story will bring this the issue of court secrecy up for discussion in Parliament etc

Trulymadlydeeply

Anyone that works in those sectors will understand how hard it is to remove a child from a parent. There must have been more than enough stacked against her, whether for her own safety the Childs or both. Very sad..

Jane BM

I can understand her having been sectioned....clearly she couldn't take her meds due to being pregnant.

What I cannot understand was why she was forced to undergo an Caesarian...and why there was such a rush to take this baby away from her!!! Surely, once she'd had the baby she could have then been stabilised. She wasn't allowed the time to restore any kind of imbalance, she's been denied the right to possibly be a very good mother to HER baby.

Was it a quicker and easier solution to take the baby away, rather than invest time and money into helping this woman and seeing if she was capable. Or were they also too scared to take any kind of risk due to all the headlines we read daily about child neglect and abuse with children who are on the at risk register.

scooby

shocking story.. Has jane said it is a condition that can be controlled with medication. A woman that lives near me has bi-polar and she has raised her daughter alone for the 14 years, and a good job she is doing too. They should have given her a chance at to try.

Trulymadlydeeply

We will never know because the truth doesn't sell newspapers :(

I know someone that works taking children out for the day to give parents that are stressed or not coping well a break. She had a 4yr old little girl that had cigarette burns on her body, the little girl used to cry when she was being taken back home. Poor woman used to break her heart every time she dropped her off, it was a good 6months before social services had enough "paperwork" to be able to step in. So as I say it isn't done lightly.. Lots more to this than we know.

scooby

I know someone that works taking children out for the day to give parents that are stressed or not coping well a break. She had a 4yr old little girl that had cigarette burns on her body, the little girl used to cry when she was being taken back home. Poor woman used to break her heart every time she dropped her off, it was a good 6months before social services had enough "paperwork" to be able to step in. So as I say it isn't done lightly.. Lots more to this than we know.
Makes me mad how some poor children are treated by their own parents. In this case I think I would have been arrested for abduction because theres no way I would have taken a child with cigarette burns back to the abuse . I hope the poor woman got some satisfaction that social services have been able to help the little girl.

Essem

Staff member

Totally agree that there's more to this than we're being told.

Milk

Very thought provoking comment Mindy. Thank you for your insight :)

Another example of not believing everything you hear in the news. Still doesn't explain why she was forced to have it....anyway, used it for my hw assignment today

kassie

Changing the subject somewhat.....sorry....did anyone watch/see Robbie! lol :) Aww.... I thought he did a great show...but perhaps I am biased....:D....lol

Jane BM

Changing the subject somewhat.....sorry....did anyone watch/see Robbie! lol :) Aww.... I thought he did a great show...but perhaps I am biased....:D....lol
Oh yes!! I watched.....perhaps we are Kassie!!!;)...another one who can't do any wrong in my eyes...lol

kassie

Oh yes!! I watched.....perhaps we are Kassie!!!;)...another one who can't do any wrong in my eyes...lol

Nor in mine hehe.....I went to see him at Milton Keynes 2006....remember it like yesterday! He is so charismatic and such a showman....I hope his wife appreciates him ;)......:)....lol

Jane BM

Nor in mine hehe.....I went to see him at Milton Keynes 2006....remember it like yesterday! He is so charismatic and such a showman....I hope his wife appreciates him ;)......:)....lol
Saw him in TT, first time round..many many years ago, then solo a few times including Knebworth, then last year again of course with TT......all round entertainer...xx

kassie

Saw him in TT, first time round..many many years ago, then solo a few times including Knebworth, then last year again of course with TT......all round entertainer...xx

Never saw him with TT and unfortunately never got to Knebworth....but....have it on DVD ;)....lol....watch it many times and feel like I am there lol! :D

Jane BM

Don't know if anyone watches Nigel Slaters cookery programmes....but god I want to be able to cook like him!! Every single thing he does looks amazing and 'easy'.....:rolleyes:..currently watching his Christmas programme on BBC1...I'm hoping there's a book!! Want it.

Trulymadlydeeply

Quick question...

Why are you f a r t i n g so much?

Answer: I've had nothing on my feet all day walking on the cold floor!!!!!

Is this another classic along with the sperm in the knees? PMSL...

Jane BM

God is it Christmas yet??? I need a day off...lol..

Why oh why do we do it to ourselves...:rolleyes:

Essem

Staff member
santa nin Tunis.jpg

Scottochott

Rudolph doesn't look happy!