Chit Chat about anything..

Lola2312

Clearly there is nothing about tourists being kidnapped or killed but if u look on the fco website it states there is very high risk of it. And you look at other news articleson HERE and google it talks about tunisians being recruited and a lot of people recruiting in places like Sousse.
Some people on this forum are so rude

Gem15, your in Sousse arent you? Im sure there have been warnings everytime I've been to Tunisia but I've looked into it more recently wiyh it being all over the news and its making me paranoid

Lola2312

Sorry scottochott youve replied to what other post re flights??

Shazza100

Well thats the news for you. I lived in sfax when chokri was shot. As a result of the news all my family in the uk thought the whole country was rioting...i would share your concerns with your partner..surely he wouldnt want u to live somewhere your life was in danger..its not like the UK of course but I didnt ever fear kidnap or death..bad things happen everywhere...the news is selective..

Lola2312

He says at the moment is ok in his area and that the police are really upping theif security.
its my dad and the news thats made me paranoid
just wanted to see what other people felt who are living in tunisia
like u said the news articles etc are selective and dont psint true picture

gem15

Clearly there is nothing about tourists being kidnapped or killed but if u look on the fco website it states there is very high risk of it. And you look at other news articleson HERE and google it talks about tunisians being recruited and a lot of people recruiting in places like Sousse.

Gem15, your in Sousse arent you? Im sure there have been warnings everytime I've been to Tunisia but I've looked into it more recently wiyh it being all over the news and its making me paranoid
They have been recruiting from Tunisia for a while its not new news it just been on the UK news recently. Yeah I'm in Sousse.

Put it this way I've not known anyone been injured or recruited here but knew someone who was killed in the 7\7 bombings in London and that's a much bigger place. Like I said I feel as safe here as I do in the UK.
Where will u be looking to live over here?

Scottochott

No, the FCO explains there are certain risks in certain areas, news here talks about the real stories, as do the mainstream uk news outlets, I'm not sure where you get your "news". Tunisians are being recruited, as are uk citizens, do you feel at risk of murder and kidnap there too? I suggest you educate yourself about the realities.
I spend lots of time in both Tunisia and the uk yet don't feel your fears in either place, as do the majority of our members.
Some people on this forum are so stupid

Lola2312

It does state on fco website, that there is increased risk of terrorist problemdproblems even in the Tourist areas.
You are right though that there have beenwarnings out each time I've been, i think, it's just my dad who pointed it out and with the news its made me worry about it.

Im sure like you say its fine and you are right the UK has a risk too, its just that I'm wondering how you all feel about the possibility they might breach police and get into all of tunisia?

ScottooScottochott- you are a very rude person to call people stupid. The forum is here to ask questions and discuss things like this. Yes me saying kidnapping and killing may have been over the top but how about you actually read the fco website and see they do say that and thats its possible in all areas! it also states to visitgreen areas only with reputable tour guide which I won't be as my fiance gets me from airport so i think im allowed to be worried.

Gem15- it would be Sousse/Hammam Sousse iwould be moving to. Where abouts do you live if you dont mind me asking? :)

Aslemma

I can certainly understand your worry Lola and even more so the worry of your father. Whenever Tunisia gets bad press over here I just hope my family don't see it, though they know by now that I will continue to go my own way so they have learnt to let me get on with it. :)

I can honestly say that I've never worried about my personal safety in all the years I've been going to Sousse., though I would certainly not venture outside the tourist areas at present. Your fiance will know the risks better than you and I'm sure he won't let you get into any bad situations.

gem15

Your right this is what the forum is for and ask away cuz there will always be someone to help you out.

I'm in Boushina which is about 10 muns maximum from hammam sousse.

mrsmannai

salaam :) seriously, if u r tht worried, stay wherever u r. u will NOT manage.

Jane BM

I do think you have to be a little cautious right now, as Aslemma says, use common sense, hopefully your partner won't be blasé about your safety.

Whether people like it or not, proportionally Tunisia HAS has the largest number of recruits for organisations like ISIS, I know many people who now can't wait to get out of the place, equally some are more than happy to stay.

My biggest concern really is more to do with the borders, if they want to recruit and go, that's fine, good riddance, however make sure the borders are airtight so that they can't get back in!!!!

Lola2312

Thanks guys, the fact that you lot are not that worried has reassured me.

I fly back out 15th april for a week o im sure all wewill be fine like always and il stop worrying :)

mrsmannai

a.baa-A-good-wife-can-bring-balanc.jpg have an amazing weekend <3

Essem

Staff member
pray.jpg

feefad

Being just outside Tunis at the moment it doesn't feel much different to any other visit, albeit a heightened police presence. On Sunday when we went to pick up my sis in law from work at the airport, security was super tight and heightened police checks on roads into Tunis due to the march against terror. Rest of the time there have been more frequent police checks outside our town, with actual police chiefs out at checks which is a first for my 9 yrs coming here. Where normally we get stopped every time in our hire car (and asked for cash in the old days) when they've pulled us over the past week or so they've waved us on again the minute they spot me. We've went out and about and although probably not venturing as far for a road trip as we normally would, we've probably been more cautious for the past couple of years and not just this time. (I'm desperate to go to bizerte and he wouldn't let us go last year as feels the road is too isolated, Kris feel free to reassure me on this one and I'll maybe get there eventually) I guess if you avoid the places that you're told to avoid, you can be as safe as you can be, these idiots could strike at home or abroad so is it worth living in fear?

Jane BM

Being just outside Tunis at the moment it doesn't feel much different to any other visit, albeit a heightened police presence. On Sunday when we went to pick up my sis in law from work at the airport, security was super tight and heightened police checks on roads into Tunis due to the march against terror. Rest of the time there have been more frequent police checks outside our town, with actual police chiefs out at checks which is a first for my 9 yrs coming here. Where normally we get stopped every time in our hire car (and asked for cash in the old days) when they've pulled us over the past week or so they've waved us on again the minute they spot me. We've went out and about and although probably not venturing as far for a road trip as we normally would, we've probably been more cautious for the past couple of years and not just this time. (I'm desperate to go to bizerte and he wouldn't let us go last year as feels the road is too isolated, Kris feel free to reassure me on this one and I'll maybe get there eventually) I guess if you avoid the places that you're told to avoid, you can be as safe as you can be, these idiots could strike at home or abroad so is it worth living in fear?
It is a straight run up on the motorway from Tunis to Bizerte....yes it's isolated in parts...xx

mrsmannai

salaam :) HAPPY EASTER YOU GUYS :)

Aslemma

Thanks MrsM and the same to you. If anyone could send some Tunisian sunshine to the UK it would be much appreciated. :)

Jane BM

Happy Easter guys. Xxx