Chit Chat about anything..

Rosewater

I know ... Zine had all the prisoners in prison but they were all let lose or pardoned once he left.
Lol he was torturing them hard

ROULLA

Lol he was torturing them hard
Very hard.. Thing is you don't know what is better
Everyone ducking and diving to make money or everyone just hanging around doing even more unlawful things to make money, still burning themselves or trying to get across from the Chambi mountains to join others.

ROULLA

ROULLA

I pray to god ,that one day a powerful cloud will sweep over Tunisia and everything will be once again peaceful and a beautiful country. But that won't happen for a very long time.
Al- Jumhūrīyah at- Tūnisīyah

Rosewater

I pray to god ,that one day a powerful cloud will sweep over Tunisia and everything will be once again peaceful and a beautiful country. But that won't happen for a very long time.
The girl with glasses is hot tho :)

Moonsky

anyone know where i can buy good quality beauty supplies? thanks
oh in sousse or close by..
Not sure exactly what you want but there's a good range of most things in

AFRODITA BEAUTY & SPA
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM
TEL: 26 66 44 14 OR 26 66 44 18

I think it's just French spoken. I'm going to try them for a facial next week but the branch I went in (it's on the same side and before you get to the Slim Centre) had a shop attached to it. All products are natural.

Moonsky

Alas Roulla, the biggest problem with Tunisia are the Tunisians. Not only in their mentality but their innate lack of understanding on how to utilise the democratic process.

There is sufficient money going into governmental coffers and plenty of things that can be done (glaringly obvious to me) to get this country back on it's feet. What is missing in the dumper truck loads are willingness, understanding, APPLICATION.

Powerful clouds and wishful thinking won't help anything. A solid plan and execution of that plan is what's needed.

ROULLA

Alas Roulla, the biggest problem with Tunisia are the Tunisians. Not only in their mentality but their innate lack of understanding on how to utilise the democratic process.

There is sufficient money going into governmental coffers and plenty of things that can be done (glaringly obvious to me) to get this country back on it's feet. What is missing in the dumper truck loads are willingness, understanding, APPLICATION.

Powerful clouds and wishful thinking won't help anything. A solid plan and execution of that plan is what's needed.
Hi Moonsky and sorry for the late reply, I was unable to log on. All right as rain now and I'm happy to say I'm back thanks to Essex and Kris.
I agree with you totally. Their are many that don't seem to understand what is going on and the only thing that I hear hear on the Tunisia TV is when they talk about Democracy. I am more than sure that there are loads of people parading around the streets in protest don't even know the meaning of democracy.
Why wasn't the boarder to Libya closed from the beginning. It's the smuggling of the armed weapons that they should concern themselves with.
Zine had all the salafists locked up but during the revolution there was no law in order and most had then been pardoned.
I could go on but I find repition does nothing apart from action.
Something needs to be done before its too late because so far I haven't seen any changes for the better. Where are you from Moonsky?, if you don't mind me asking.

Moonsky

Hi Moonsky and sorry for the late reply, I was unable to log on. All right as rain now and I'm happy to say I'm back thanks to Essex and Kris.
I agree with you totally. Their are many that don't seem to understand what is going on and the only thing that I hear hear on the Tunisia TV is when they talk about Democracy. I am more than sure that there are loads of people parading around the streets in protest don't even know the meaning of democracy.
Why wasn't the boarder to Libya closed from the beginning. It's the smuggling of the armed weapons that they should concern themselves with.
Zine had all the salafists locked up but during the revolution there was no law in order and most had then been pardoned.
I could go on but I find repition does nothing apart from action.
Something needs to be done before its too late because so far I haven't seen any changes for the better. Where are you from Moonsky?, if you don't mind me asking.
Only the Tunisian people can change their country and sadly, I see nothing in their hearts or eyes that say they will.
Added to that the ones with entrepreneurial skills are planning to leave ... there IS plenty of help for Tunisia but for a reason that no-one can seem to explain, the projects have got stalled. I, and other Europeans with a commercial background would be willing to help on a volunteer basis especially in the enterprise zone ... but no-one's interesting in listening..... "you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink"....

ROULLA

Happy Easter to all those who are celebrating it today... Polish, Russians, Argentinian, Spanish, French, Greek, Italian ....sorry if I've missed anyone out :)

ROULLA

Tunisia tourism: Ambassador urges FCO to relax travel warning
  • 24 May 2016
  • From the sectionUK

Image captionBeaches in Sousse have been all but deserted since last year's terror attack
Tunisian officials have urged the UK government to relax its advice warning against all but essential travel to the country, after a 90% drop in British visitors in the first part of 2016.

The guidance has been in place since 31 British holidaymakers were killed in two terror attacks in Tunisia in 2015.

The Tunisian ambassador to the UK said the government should take into account security improvements since last year.

The Foreign Office said the safety of British nationals was its main concern.

Thirty Britons were among 39 people killedwhen a gunman opened fire on tourists in a beach resort near Sousse on Tunisia's Mediterranean coast in June last year.

UK tour operators stopped all package holidays to Tunisia in July following a change in travel advice from the Foreign Office, which still says further terrorist attacks are "highly likely".

Why I am still holidaying in Tunisia

Three generations of Tunisian tourism

Industry is dead, says tour guide

Special report: Tunisia attack

However, ambassador Nabil Ammar, who himself comes from Sousse, told BBC local radio there was now a gap between the "perception of the level of security, and the real security on the ground".

"Every week terrorist cells are dismantled. Terrorists are arrested or neutralised. This should give a positive image, not a negative one.

"If you take statistics, you have much less chance to die in Tunisia or to have any harm in Tunisia than so many countries close to us."

Mr Ammar said he respected the UK Foreign Office, but it should not allow "the impression that this is not a safe country, and take into account all the progress made" in security.

He said he had never seen Tunisia's beaches so empty of tourists.

"Part of the solution against violence and terrorism is to have a good economy", he said, adding that he wanted the tragedy suffered by both the UK and Tunisia as a result of the terror attacks to "make us two people closer, not separate us at all".

'Letting terrorists win'
Image copyrightMATT SULLIVAN
Matt Sullivan is from the UK, but has been living in Sousse since September 2015, with his wife and three children.

He says the downturn in tourism has had a big impact on Tunisia's economy.

"Tourists who do come here tell me that they feel very safe and looked after," he says.

Read more: Why I am still holidaying in Tunisia

Figures from the Tunisian Tourist Board show a fall of more than 90% in UK visitors for the first four months of this year compared with the similar period a year ago.

Between January and April 2015, there were 84,225 UK visitors to Tunisia, but just 5,980 in the first four months of this year.

Figures from the Office for National Statisticsshow the number of visits made to Tunisia by UK residents increased from 360,000 in 2011 to 440,000 in 2014.

This dropped to 275,000 visits in 2015, a decrease of 165,000 or 38% on the previous year.

While the current warning is in place, most travel insurance policies will be invalid for those who plan to travel to the country.

An Association of British Insurers spokesman said UK holidaymakers should always follow government advice.

"If you decide to go to Tunisia against government advice then you cannot expect your travel insurer to provide cover for you," he said.

'Half-empty beaches'
Raouf Jaiem, who runs Tunisian company Eden Tours, told the BBC that the travel advice had had a "huge impact" on the country's economy.

"Many hotels were working mainly with the British market. That means that since last summer they have lost 70% of their occupancy all year round and this has a huge impact on all these hotels," he said.

Peter Kirk, who runs company Tunisia First, told the BBC he had lost 50% of his business.

But he said his regular clients, who were aware of the travel advice, were still booking trips to Tunisia.

"They are not worried at all," he said.

"They know the Tunisian people, they love the country, they feel quite safe in tourist resorts where they go."

Image captionNabil Ammar said the drop in tourism had badly damaged the Tunisian economy
BBC News reporter Emily Unia, reporting from Sousse, said: "While I have been here I have felt safe - there is a fairly visible police presence in Sousse, people say that security has increased a lot.

"But the truth is that the hotels and the beaches are half empty."

Nikki White, from the Association of British Travel Agents (Abta), said they understood the benefits of tourism in Tunisia, but the safety of British holidaymakers "must be the number one priority both for the Foreign Office and the British travel industry".

She said their members would restart trips to Tunisia once the Foreign Office was confident that the security situation has improved.

The Foreign Office says there are no direct flights between the UK and Monastir airport, to the south of Sousse, and Enfidah airport, to the north.

But there are daily Tunis Air flights from Tunis Carthage airport direct to London, and indirect daily departures with European carriers.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We know our travel advice can have a knock-on effect on trade and political considerations, but we don't let this influence the advice we give. The safety of British nationals is our main concern.

"We are working closely with the Tunisians to understand the terrorist threat better and to help them to strengthen measures to protect tourists further.

"Our travel advice is under constant review and we will change it as soon as the security situation permits."

Yes, that's very sad.

Does anyone know what happened to the site about "Tunisian rats"?
It is still down.

A friend asked me about it, I've visited it a couple of times, if I'm not mistaken it's something about warnings.

Rosewater

A friend asked me about it, I've visited it a couple of times, if I'm not mistaken it's something about warnings.
there are many members that need to kicked out of the site and site is made by a tunisian man,i don't know why he dosen't give a damn.

gem15

If the website warns just one woman about a rat I'm all for it. It would prevent a lot of heartache and money issues.