Chit Chat about anything..

Amr

Has anyone planned a Holiday to Tunisia this Summer?

Milk

Has anyone planned a Holiday to Tunisia this Summer?
No not yet but I am strongly thinking of going too look at property for business. Open doors for Canadian Immigration. I found the perfect spot when I was on vacation. Tunisia is a huge reason why I got into my profession. It would be a shame not too carry out my goal.

Are you going? I heard it was safe too go back. I have not read or heard anything on the news lately on the condition of attacks so am out of the loop. Sometimes it is better not to know since news blows everything out of proportion anyway.

Milk

Hi Rosewater, Hope that you are well! It's really sad to be honest. I used to feel so safe going to Tunisia, I was always full of life once I reached there and couldn't wait for the day to come to go to Nabeul...
Now everything has changed. We still go and have never missed a year but it's not the same. The cafes are still full of people but the law is in their hands now,,,they move the chairs into the middle of the road and don't have respect for others .
I've had some fantastic times in Tunisia and it will always be close to my heart. I know that you may disagree but since Zine left things just haven't been the same.. I was just talking to my husband about the day that Zine gave his last speech, he was cool and calm and reassured the people that he now understood..
I remember watching the news and calling my husband to the salla, we both sat there and cried as we couldn't believe what was happening. Sad
Roulla, I have to say what you have said made my heart very sad. I have also been watching more clips of people speaking on youtube. People used too think I was wrong when I would state that things in Tunisia were going to become very bad for the people. How I wish I was wrong back than. I do not see things getting better anytime soon. Yes, more people have moved to Tunisia but this is not where the jobs come from for those who work in the hotels, I can go on but I will not.

I believe my job is going to be very important soon with my profession and now that Canada has changed the rules for French speaking FN it will be easy to bring many Tunisians too Canada, even as refugees they can come due to many of their circumstances. Their are many smart, educated people who need help. I found this too be true when I was there.

I do pray that people will find peace among the horrible changes, peace is sometimes all that one can have in the midst of tragedy.

Amr

No not yet but I am strongly thinking of going too look at property for business. Open doors for Canadian Immigration. I found the perfect spot when I was on vacation. Tunisia is a huge reason why I got into my profession. It would be a shame not too carry out my goal.

Are you going? I heard it was safe too go back. I have not read or heard anything on the news lately on the condition of attacks so am out of the loop. Sometimes it is better not to know since news blows everything out of proportion anyway.
I am going anyway because I have family there, so I am visiting anyway , but I am thinking why not make a holiday out of the visit
I think it is safe , but again like anywhere else, it is never is 100% Safe.
Good luck with your Project, Canada is a great place to live , and for me it has always been my backup plan should things not work ou the way I wanted in Tunisia or the UK.

Last edited:

Trulymadlydeeply

I was there in May in Yasmine Hammamet was like a ghost town. In the Hotel I changed some currency it was the only GP £ she had seen in months. Felt very safe.

Aslemma

It now looks as though it will be September/October before I go back unfortunately. My sciatica is a bit better but I'm still not up to wandering round the medina, or even filling my plate at the hotel buffet. July and August are too hot there for me so it looks like it will have to be the autumn. I was last in Sousse in May 2015 and usually go twice a year so am suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Trulymadlydeeply

I really don't know how the few hotels that are open are managing to stay open?! Food was brilliant, hotel spotless everyone very friendly.

Amr

What was the hotel name TMD, I am thinking of going to Hammamet too in October. Booked in Shell Beach For my parents and Inlows but Haven't been there before..

Amr

It now looks as though it will be September/October before I go back unfortunately. My sciatica is a bit better but I'm still not up to wandering round the medina, or even filling my plate at the hotel buffet. July and August are too hot there for me so it looks like it will have to be the autumn. I was last in Sousse in May 2015 and usually go twice a year so am suffering withdrawal symptoms.
I am not a good fan of Hammamet and always liked Sousse .. But I am going to Hammamet for the holidays as it would be easier for everyone to be there ..same distance from my parent's and Inlows' ..Will be going between late September early October too

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Amr we stayed at Medina Solaria Thalasso it was the best so far aside from the Riu hotels they are my favourite.

Amr

Hi Amr we stayed at Medina Solaria Thalasso it was the best so far aside from the Riu hotels they are my favourite.
Looks nice, but quite expensive for 7 peoples in 3 rooms :wideyed:

Amr

Oh wow...!! Yes was just 3 of us £435 for a week all inclusive.
Sounds reasonable.. A week for 7 all inclusive in the Other hotel for 705 quids late September ..

Rosewater

Hello , Just a random question : What is the diffrence between wales and england? Does wales a state ? or a country itself that has it's own rules!!!
Damn the wales is beautiful!! and amazing

Scottochott

This baffles every foreigner! Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are separate countries with their own parliament, they govern themselves on a local basis, however they are part of the U.K. and are subject to the laws of the Westminster parliament as far as national issues like defence and foreign policy are concerned. All are wonderful countries and well worth a visit.

Rosewater

This baffles every foreigner! Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are separate countries with their own parliament, they govern themselves on a local basis, however they are part of the U.K. and are subject to the laws of the Westminster parliament as far as national issues like defence and foreign policy are concerned. All are wonderful countries and well worth a visit.
Thanks for explaing me scott , wales has a beautiful nature!!!!!! , wish i could have pay a visit :(

Mrs K

Thanks for explaing me scott , wales has a beautiful nature!!!!!! , wish i could have pay a visit :(
I'm from England but have lived in South Wales for 11 years, it is a lovely place with the most friendly people, I have recently moved to Barry so am within walking distance to the beach and pleasure island now which my son loves, however we don't have that much nice weather all the time!!! Saying that, having a sunny spell at the moment so not complaining West Wales is beautiful and well worth a visit too

Rosewater

I'm from England but have lived in South Wales for 11 years, it is a lovely place with the most friendly people, I have recently moved to Barry so am within walking distance to the beach and pleasure island now which my son loves, however we don't have that much nice weather all the time!!! Saying that, having a sunny spell at the moment so not complaining West Wales is beautiful and well worth a visit too
what about northen irland or irland?

Jane BM

what about northen irland or irland?
Ireland is split into 2, Northern Ireland is part of the U.K, it's capital is Belfast and comes under British rule. Southern Ireland is totally separate, it doesn't come under British law and isn't part of the U.K., it's capital is Dublin, my mother is originally from there.....again both beautiful stunning places.