Chit Chat about anything..

Amr

Well Done Wales against Slovakia and Good Luck England ..

Rosewater

aww you guys watch footbool!? :p , i never watch football at all , i am not fan of it tho :p

ROULLA

Good morning Everyone, Hope that you are all well!
What do you all think about staying or leaving the European Union? Only 11 days till we find out

Amr

Watching England now, can't believe we haven't scored yet!
So Unfortunate, The English played very well and they didn't deserve the draw

Scottochott

So Unfortunate, The English played very well and they didn't deserve the draw
I know, but we're used to disappointment in tournaments, lol!

Amr

I know, but we're used to disappointment in tournaments, lol!
LoL England is always a candidate for the world cup or the Euro , they will definitely play very well , but they will definitely loose on penalties somewhere later :D

Jane BM

LoL England is always a candidate for the world cup or the Euro , they will definitely play very well , but they will definitely loose on penalties somewhere later :D
Guaranteed!

Amr

Good morning Everyone, Hope that you are all well!
What do you all think about staying or leaving the European Union? Only 11 days till we find out
Most the guys I talked to say they don't like the uncertainty of leaving the EU , but They Think That if they didn't join in the first place they could have done better , stating the example of Switzerland

Scottochott

The idea of the common market was good, however the EU has become unrecognisable, and the future direction of ever closer political union, increased bureaucracy, increased budgets, a European army, supremacy of European law over national parliaments and courts no longer fits for the uk. We are and always have been an independent island, the 5th largest economy in the world with extensive worldwide ties. Let Europe go their own way, we can still be a friendly trading partner, I'm voting out, in fact I've already sent my postal vote!

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm hoping my son will be going to Tunisia to play African Cup of Nations in August at U17 level. Maybe they will play better :D

Amr

I'm hoping my son will be going to Tunisia to play African Cup of Nations in August at U17 level. Maybe they will play better :D
Wow that's really awesome TMD!!! Your son plays for the National team !! God Bless him you sure are proud of him !!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Yes he does, he was unlucky on his first time as they didn't qualify. First games for AFCON U17 begin this August. I am very proud :)

Rosewater

Thinking of moving to turkey,istanbul?What are your suggestions, guys?.

Rosewater

Fabulous city, what attracts you?
everything , i didn't visit it yet but my dad was there in april with his friends, he told me it's amazing and beautiful!!!

Aslemma

Good evening Roulla, In answer to your question my postal vote is already in and I'm voting to stay in. I agree there is a fair amount of bureaucracy and it is very far from perfect, I also agree we did quite well before we joined, but things are very different now. Leaving aside such tihings as trade agreements there are other things the EU has got for us such as equal pay, a commitment to cleaner air, the often derided health and safety act etc.

At the end of the day I don't trust the government, of whatever colour, not to undo any of these if they felt it was in their interest. It also feels we would be pulling up the drawbridge to retreat into our own little castle, without any thought or care for others. In my opinion our place is in the EU, where at least we have a say. Outside, we would have no say yet many of the rules and regulations would inevitably affect us.

ROULLA

Good evening Roulla, In answer to your question my postal vote is already in and I'm voting to stay in. I agree there is a fair amount of bureaucracy and it is very far from perfect, I also agree we did quite well before we joined, but things are very different now. Leaving aside such tihings as trade agreements there are other things the EU has got for us such as equal pay, a commitment to cleaner air, the often derided health and safety act etc.

At the end of the day I don't trust the government, of whatever colour, not to undo any of these if they felt it was in their interest. It also feels we would be pulling up the drawbridge to retreat into our own little castle, without any thought or care for others. In my opinion our place is in the EU, where at least we have a say. Outside, we would have no say yet many of the rules and regulations would inevitably affect us.
Thank you Aslemma for your reply, it's really interesting to hear other people views,especially from someone like yourself.
Me and my husband have been having constant discussion about the European Union and have watched many documentarys,,,, Boris Johnson says one thing and Cameron, Major and Blair say something else. Even Obama says that we should stay in. . I do however wish that they would place a points system so that they can control the boarders like they have in Australia, because so many things are unfair.
Yes, if they are refugees and need help, then by all means open the gate and let them in. But when you have people just entering and playing with the benefit system then that gets me. .. Whether we stay or exit the boarders will remain the same.
There are loads of pros and cons, they just have to be weighed.
Really appreciate your reply, thought the question got lost. :)

annibee

Thank you Aslemma for your reply, it's really interesting to hear other people views,especially from someone like yourself.
Me and my husband have been having constant discussion about the European Union and have watched many documentarys,,,, Boris Johnson says one thing and Cameron, Major and Blair say something else. Even Obama says that we should stay in. . I do however wish that they would place a points system so that they can control the boarders like they have in Australia, because so many things are unfair.
Yes, if they are refugees and need help, then by all means open the gate and let them in. But when you have people just entering and playing with the benefit system then that gets me. .. Whether we stay or exit the boarders will remain the same.
There are loads of pros and cons, they just have to be weighed.
Really appreciate your reply, thought the question got lost. :)
hi roulla hope you and your family are well. to be honest i dont really know what to vote :( x

Aslemma

Another point to bear in mind is that if Cameron loses he will possibly step down (not a bad thing) but Boris will be in a stronger position to step into his shoes (an absolute disaster). My worst nightmare is Boris as our prime minister and Trump in charge in America - a buffoon and a dangerous lunatic!