Chit Chat about anything..

gem15

Not that busy here as most people spend time with their families rather than go out.

I was at Hard Rock today and it had steady business. Tomorrow will be the really busy day as all restaurants will be open and serving alcohol.

Selmi

• Cafes and restaurants absolutely packed last night with people celebrating Eid. What was it like in your area?
    Restaurants,bars,cafes and shops at the Trafford centre here in Manchester so so busy, roads in and out grid locked !!! Did a celebration tea party for all the children in my care ( loads of sweets) yum !

ROULLA

• Restaurants,bars,cafes and shops at the Trafford centre here in Manchester so so busy, roads in and out grid locked !!! Did a celebration tea party for all the children in my care ( loads of sweets) yum !
Sounds like you had a great time. Cafés here in London are now back to normal and buzzing with North African's. And it's a beautiful day. :)

ROULLA

A really good friend of mine, was telling me today that (Locate whilst abroad ) has been stopped. Does anyone have any information about this? Or does anyone know of another way of being located in an emergency.

gem15

A really good friend of mine, was telling me today that (Locate whilst abroad ) has been stopped. Does anyone have any information about this? Or does anyone know of another way of being located in an emergency.
I think it stopped a while ago but not 100% sure. Not that it was any good here anyway as we were on the list and heard nothing during the revolution nor did a few friends.

ROULLA

I think it stopped a while ago but not 100% sure. Not that it was any good here anyway as we were on the list and heard nothing during the revolution nor did a few friends.
That's really bad. There must be something that you can register your details on in case of an emergency. After seeing the Terrorism threat the other day it got me thinking.

ROULLA

Good morning Everyone, hope that you are all in good health! I've noticed that a lot of our regular members aren't on as much as they used to be. I'd put money on it that someone has coaxed them elsewhere. Any ideas as to where are members are all getting information from now?
Just an observation, hopefully they will all get fed up of where they are and come back here.
Have a lovely day :)

Jane BM

Good morning Everyone, hope that you are all in good health! I've noticed that a lot of our regular members aren't on as much as they used to be. I'd put money on it that someone has coaxed them elsewhere. Any ideas as to where are members are all getting information from now?
Just an observation, hopefully they will all get fed up of where they are and come back here.
People can be members of more than one group can't they? I know I am....

People will go where they feel comfortable, don't think it's a case of being coaxed anywhere. People also have lives where they can be absent from groups for months on end and then return as and when, which is as it should be.

gem15

The forum has been quiet for quite some time now Roulla, it only started to get busy when you came bsck.

It tends to get busy again in certain circumstances then dies off again.

missmetal

Oh Roulla, no one needs coaxing, people follow trends and i guess they just move onto other things. For me I was invited to this FB group called Wives of Tunisians, which i actually thought was your group...because the women who runs it has been married a long time too. i dont know much else about her but I thought it was you. This was about over 3 years ago now, and since then I have been on other groups too.

I know that it was two things for me that put me off me from being on here as much.
1. I wasn't very busy at work so i always had this website up and its not discrete so when I got busy I had to use my phone browser which was a pain, and
2. I looked for an app and couldn't find anything, despite the site becoming a bit more responsive and worked better with a mobile device, its just not the same as using an app.

Then I got busy at work, and only drop in from time to time and use my phone more to communicate, so its just easier on FB. The other benefit about FB groups i found is that if someone takes the time to create some useful info you can upload the info to a central file location and refer back to it regularly. Here stuff appears to get lost in threads. Or maybe I just never really got familiar enough with this forum. But It gets a bit repetitive repeating the same messages to people about processes and immigration.

Lastly, I think a lot the people I got on with from this forum, have fallen out with one of the admins or other members from time to time. Many of whom have ended up on the FB groups...so, guess its natural to want to keep chatting to the people you get along with more regularly. Since they cant come back here or have decided to leave for their own reasons.

So thats why Im not on here as much. Perhaps you can mention to Kris or find out if there's a working app for this forum on iOS. That would be ideal for me.

Jane BM

I believe we had this conversation on here not so long ago as well, so don't know why it's been brought back up again. As I said then as well, when people are sharing intimate and private info very often they don't want to do it on a forum that guests can view, so don't even need to be a member. Whereas some FB groups are closed groups, so in theory they have more security. As I say, we had this conversation only a couple weeks ago on here.

missmetal

I believe we had this conversation on here not so long ago as well, so don't know why it's been brought back up again. As I said then as well, when people are sharing intimate and private info very often they don't want to do it on a forum that guests can view, so don't even need to be a member. Whereas some FB groups are closed groups, so in theory they have more security. As I say, we had this conversation only a couple weeks ago on here.
Yup thats true, a lot of women have mentioned that and many of the groups that appeal to me are women only.

ROULLA

Oh Roulla, no one needs coaxing, people follow trends and i guess they just move onto other things. For me I was invited to this FB group called Wives of Tunisians, which i actually thought was your group...because the women who runs it has been married a long time too. i dont know much else about her but I thought it was you. This was about over 3 years ago now, and since then I have been on other groups too.

I know that it was two things for me that put me off me from being on here as much.
1. I wasn't very busy at work so i always had this website up and its not discrete so when I got busy I had to use my phone browser which was a pain, and
2. I looked for an app and couldn't find anything, despite the site becoming a bit more responsive and worked better with a mobile device, its just not the same as using an app.

Then I got busy at work, and only drop in from time to time and use my phone more to communicate, so its just easier on FB. The other benefit about FB groups i found is that if someone takes the time to create some useful info you can upload the info to a central file location and refer back to it regularly. Here stuff appears to get lost in threads. Or maybe I just never really got familiar enough with this forum. But It gets a bit repetitive repeating the same messages to people about processes and immigration.

Lastly, I think a lot the people I got on with from this forum, have fallen out with one of the admins or other members from time to time. Many of whom have ended up on the FB groups...so, guess its natural to want to keep chatting to the people you get along with more regularly. Since they cant come back here or have decided to leave for their own reasons.

So thats why Im not on here as much. Perhaps you can mention to Kris or find out if there's a working app for this forum on iOS. That would be ideal for me.
Hi Missmetal, how are you?
It's so nice to see people who have been members for years.
No, the group is definitely not mine, I have been on T.com for years and as long as it's around then this is where I will come. I don't need to know about visas or rats so this forum suits my needs. It wouldn't surprise me if the administrator on the FB page was a member from here, I have no idea.
Lovely to see you on and I will be letting Kris know about the app.
Take care :)

Last edited:

ROULLA

I believe we had this conversation on here not so long ago
I can ask whatever I like on this forum, this is what the forum is about. Luckily I don't need your permission. Those that don't like a post should just click the ignore button.

Jane BM

I can ask whatever I like on this forum, this is what the forum is about. Luckily I don't need your permission. Those that don't like a post should just click the ignore button.
Not when we are rehashing the same old same old....it gets tiresome and boring,

missmetal

Im good, thanks for asking, I trust all is well with you too? I am an admin on one of those groups now too, and since I only know a few people on this forum by name I can assure you i never coaxed anyone as they were already on the FB groups before I joined :) But it seems like you're not a fan of Facebook, going by your comments?

This forum has very similar content on it but its just not easily organized so that you dont have to repeat information and if there are updates you can edit the information so it stays current.

Also, like Jane said, there's many who prefer the privacy of a closed group. Different strokes I guess for different folks. I think you'd enjoy the FB groups too, there's a lot of people that dont know about t.com or dont use forums and visa a versa about facebook.

Personally, I think if people can get the help, advice and information they need from many different sources then its all the more better for them really. We shouldn't worry about where they get the info from, as long as they have access to it in one way or another. Im sure this site is still viewed by hundreds of people weekly.

ROULLA

Im good, thanks for asking, I trust all is well with you too? I am an admin on one of those groups now too, and since I only know a few people on this forum by name I can assure you i never coaxed anyone as they were already on the FB groups before I joined :) But it seems like you're not a fan of Facebook, going by your comments?

This forum has very similar content on it but its just not easily organized so that you dont have to repeat information and if there are updates you can edit the information so it stays current.

Also, like Jane said, there's many who prefer the privacy of a closed group. Different strokes I guess for different folks. I think you'd enjoy the FB groups too, there's a lot of people that dont know about t.com or dont use forums and visa a versa about facebook.

Personally, I think if people can get the help, advice and information they need from many different sources then its all the more better for them really. We shouldn't worry about where they get the info from, as long as they have access to it in one way or another. Im sure this site is still viewed by hundreds of people weekly.
No, I don't really go on FB everyday if I'm honest. I don't have a problem with FB either but I do go on T.COM as I am also an admin on there. People can get general information or advice where they see fit and I don't see anything wrong with that. l also joined a group many years ago but they are mostly Tunisian's and they are great at providing information. I was just curious about where everyone had got too:)

Last edited:

ROULLA

A new beginning

Theresa May promised to build a "better Britain" and to make the UK's EU exit a "success" after she was announced as the new Tory leader and soon-to-be PM.

Speaking outside Parliament, Mrs May said she was "honoured and humbled" to succeed David Cameron, after her only rival in the race withdrew on Monday.

Mr Cameron will tender his resignation to the Queen after PMQs on Wednesday.

Mr Cameron, who has been UK prime minister since 2010, decided to quit after the UK's Brexit vote.

It follows another day of dramatic developments in the political world, when Andrea Leadsom unexpectedly quit the two-way Conservative leadership contest, saying she did not have the support to build "a strong and stable government".

Her decision left Mrs May - the front runner - as the only candidate to take over leading the party and to therefore become prime minister.

In a speech flanked by dozens of Conservative MPs, Mrs May, the home secretary since 2010, praised Mr Cameron for his stewardship of the Tory party and the country.

And she paid tribute to Mrs Leadsom for her "dignity" in withdrawing her leadership bid, as well as to the three other candidates who ran in the contest.

"I am honoured and humbled to have been chosen by the Conservative Party to become its leader," Mrs May told the gathered media.

She said her leadership bid had been based on the need for "strong, proven leadership", the ability to unite both party and country and a "positive vision" for Britain's future.

"A vision of a country that works not for the privileged few but that works for every one of us because we're going to give people more control over their lives and that's how, together, we will build a better Britain."

And in a message perhaps designed to reassure Brexit-supporting colleagues, Mrs May - who campaigned to stay in the EU, said: "Brexit means Brexit and we're going to make a success of it."

What happens next?
Image copyrightPA
  • The 1922 Committee of Conservative MPs, which is overseeing the leadership contest, has declared Mrs May the new party leader "with immediate effect".
  • David Cameron says he will take Prime Minister's Questions on Wednesday and then head to Buckingham Palace and officially tender his resignation to the Queen and recommend she sends for Theresa May as his replacement
  • Mrs May will then go to Buckingham Palace to see the Queen and receive her invitation to form a government
  • Theresa May should then be in place as UK prime minister by Wednesday evening - it is not yet clear when the Cameron family will move out of No 10
Earlier, in a brief statement outside No 10, Mr Cameron said he was "delighted" that Mrs May was to succeed him in Downing Street.

He said a "prolonged period of transition" was not necessary, and added: "So tomorrow I will chair my last cabinet meeting. On Wednesday I will attend the House of Commons for Prime Minister's Questions.

"After that I expect to go the Palace and offer my resignation."

The prime minister praised Mrs May as "strong" and "competent" and he said she was "more than able to provide the leadership" the UK needs in the coming years.

"She will have my full support," he added.

Key dates for the new PM
  • 18 July - Parliament due to vote on Trident renewal
  • 19 July - Possible date for her first cabinet meeting
  • 20 July - First PMQs as prime minister
  • 5 September - Parliament returns from summer recess
  • 2-5 October - Conservative Party annual conference
  • 20 October - Her first European Council meeting as prime minister
Announcing her decision to pull out of the contest, Mrs Leadsom - who was a leading light of the Brexit campaign - said a nine-week leadership campaign at such a "critical time" for the UK would be "highly undesirable" - and she gave her backing to Mrs May.

A source close to the energy minister told BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg "the abuse has been too great" for Mrs Leadsom during the contest.

Mrs Leadsom had apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting in a weekend newspaper interview that being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

BBC chief political correspondent Vicki Young said Mrs May had begun the day launching her leadership campaign to take to the party membership - and within the space of several hours found out she would be prime minister by Wednesday.

Mrs May would now have to decide the make-up of her new cabinet, she said.

Mr Cameron announced his intention to resign as prime minister on 24 June, after finding himself on the losing side of the EU referendum, with the UK voting by 52% to 48% in favour of leaving.

Rosewater

Hi , hope you are all well , Something caught my attention today on the internet.
I found out that there is a N.korea embasssy in the UK also in many other countries , Lol that's weird..
And it is the most isolated country in the world.
I thought it has one embassy which is in china.

Jane BM

Hi , hope you are all well , Something caught my attention today on the internet.
I found out that there is a N.korea embasssy in the UK also in many other countries , Lol that's weird..
And it is the most isolated country in the world.
I thought it has one embassy which is in china.
Yep, just had a look, you're right....lol