Chit Chat about anything..

Rosewater

Yep, just had a look, you're right....lol
I love that country , they have a beautiful nature,also it's very clean!!!

Tab
They are many western travel Agencies that make trips to N.korea.

Amr

Cafes and restaurants absolutely packed last night with people celebrating Eid. What was it like in your area?
I didn't notice anything different where I live..neither during Ramadan nor during The Bayram .. I bought my family clothes and presents the weekend just before the Bayram and went out with my day at work as usual... There was absolutely nothing different... Maybe because there is no big Muslim community around where I live ... I haven't seen any except when I go to Newcastle city center ..

Amr

The pound is moving up against the dollar and the Euro today... First time since the Brixit... It has to do with latest updates on Lisa going to be the Prime minister ..

Amr

Tab
There are no agencies working on the North Korean market.... What makes you think it's a beautiful country... Nobody has any idea what's going on in that part of the world...you only get the one source of information ... The lame official propaganda

Rosewater

There are no agencies working on the North Korean market.... What makes you think it's a beautiful country... Nobody has any idea what's going on in that part of the world...you only get the one source of information ... The lame official propaganda
Google it, There many western people that go there!! even americans!! and yeah it's a beautiful country to me

Amr

Google it, There many western people that go there!! even americans!! and yeah it's a beautiful country to me
Everything is highly controlled by the regime and that includes tourism and any picture you see in google :) ..

Rosewater

Everything is highly controlled by the regime and that includes tourism and any picture you see in google :) ..
we know that...
I am reading people's experience with N.korea

ROULLA

I didn't notice anything different where I live..neither during Ramadan nor during The Bayram .. I bought my family clothes and presents the weekend just before the Bayram and went out with my day at work as usual... There was absolutely nothing different... Maybe because there is no big Muslim community around where I live ... I haven't seen any except when I go to Newcastle city center ..
Hi Amr, hope that you are well! There is a large Muslim community where I live, from Tunisian's, Algerian's, Turkish and Somali's.
The butchers where everyone goes was closed and everyone was celebrating in the restaurant's.
Not far from where I live there is a whole street full of Turkish restaurants and they were packed, people we're queuing for a table to sit down and eat.
The streets were buzzing. Have you been someone where there is a Muslim community since you have been here?

Last edited:

Amr

Hi Amr, hope that you are well! There is a large Muslim community where I live, from Tunisian's, Algerian's, Turkish and Somali's.
The butchers where everyone goes was closed and everyone was celebrating in the restaurant's.
Not far from where I live there is a whole street full of Turkish restaurants and they were packed, people we're queuing for a table to sit down and eat.
The streets we're buzzing. Have you been someone where there is a Muslim community since you have been here?
I am doing well Roulla thank you .. Hope you are doing well.. have been to a place called MA Brother.. I was disparately trying to find Tunisian Mlukhia..This is probably the only halal place in the north east where you can shop with a trolley... Of course there was no Mlukhia except for the Egyptian Frozen Mlukhia but I found what it looked like the Tunisian Zlabia.. Bought some Iranian treats but they were nothing compared to the Tunisian baklawa and kaak Warka my wife baked for the Bayram.. I am more convinced that the Tunisian Tradional treats are the best and most sofisticated treats there is.. Don't know why we hear a lot about the rediculosly over rated Turkish delights even in Tunisia ... The store was not far from the city center and it was packed with the Muslim community.. In the same neighbourhood I saw many middle eastern faces and men wearing south Asians costumes like the Kamis and so ..
There is a Kurdish halal kabab place in The City center. I have known for years where I happen to see many customers from the Muslim comunity..
I have seen more Muslim communities in more crowded cities like Manchester and London..

Last edited:

Amr

The streets were buzzing. Have you been someone where there is a Muslim community since you have been here?
Lol the Turkish and Albanian comynity are usually the first to celebrate the Bayram .. They wear their best clothes and actively celebrate the Bayram even though most of them don't even fast :D

ROULLA

I have been to a place called MA Brother.. I was disparately trying to find Tunisian Mlukhia..This is probably the only halal place in the north east where you can shop with a trolley... Of course there was no Mlukhia except for the Egyptian Frozen Mlukhia but I found what it looked like the Tunisian Zlabia.. Bought some Iranian treats but they were nothing compared to the Tunisian baklawa and kaak Warka my wife baked for the Bayram.. I am more convinced that the Tunisian Tradional treats are the best and most sofisticated treats there is.. Don't know why we hear a lot about the rediculosly over rated Turkish delights even in Tunisia ... The store was not far from the city center and it was packed with the Muslim community.. In the same neighbourhood I saw many middle eastern faces and men wearing south Asians costumes like the Kamis and so ..
There is a Kurdish halal kabab place in The City center. I have known for years where I happen to see many customers from the Muslim comunity..
I have seen more Muslim communities in more crowded cities like Manchester and London..
I must admit, if there is one dish I cannnot eat it's Mlukhia, I think it's called Nalta jute in English. As for Kaak warka these are one of my favourites. That's fantastic that your wife baked cakes for Ramadan. There used to be a patisserie in Edgware Road that made Tunisian cakes. There is also a supermarket owned by a Tunisian that sells anything and everything Tunisian. He even sells Marwa and Safia.
Plenty of Halal Turkish restaurant's here in London. :)

Amr

Haha it's not my favourite dish either but I like to eat it once on a while..but my wife was feeling home sick and wanted to cook some Mlukhia...I will try to find under the English name you gave me... Thanks for that Roulla.. Been to London before..one of the biggest cities on earth... I think there is absolutly nothing you can't find there...

ROULLA

Haha it's not my favourite dish either but I like to eat it once on a while..but my wife was feeling home sick and wanted to cook some Mlukhia...I will try to find under the English name you gave me... Thanks for that Roulla.. Been to London before..one of the biggest cities on earth... I think there is absolutly nothing you can't find there...
Found it for you

Mlukhia leaves of Corchorus olitorius commonly known as Nalta jute and tossa jute. Enjoy :)

Amr

Found it for you

Mlukhia leaves of Corchorus olitorius commonly known as Nalta jute and tossa jute. Enjoy :)
Waaw thanks a lot...the Mrs will be over the moon :D

Jane BM

Tab
God it's my idea of hell....it's run by a despot dictator, you only have to look at the manic way the people behave in public to know they're frightened for their bloody lives...lol...I think it's a very dangerous country...

ROULLA

Waaw thanks a lot...the Mrs will be over the moon :D
You're more than welcome, I'm just happy that I have been useful, this is what I love about this site. Everyone sharing information. :)

Amr

You're more than welcome, I'm just happy that I have been useful, this is what I love about this site. Everyone sharing information. :)
Haha thanks...seen your posts from the other day... I don't expect myself to join a group called Wives of Tunisians :D.. About that, was this the main idea behind this website when it Started years ago?

ROULLA

Haha thanks...seen your posts from the other day... I don't expect myself to join a group called Wives of Tunisians :D.. About that, was this the main idea behind this website when it Started years ago?
No Amr, this site has always been known as T.COM. I think that the group that you are referring to is on FB, but I can't be 100% sure as I don't join other groups as I'm quite content with this forum. :)

Rosewater

God it's my idea of hell....it's run by a despot dictator, you only have to look at the manic way the people behave in public to know they're frightened for their bloody lives...lol...I think it's a very dangerous country...
just don't make anything stupid there lol

ROULLA

David Cameron prepares to hand over to Theresa May
Image copyrightPA
Image captionMr Cameron used his last-ever Prime Minister's Questions to defend his achievements in power
David Cameron will leave Downing Street for the final time as PM later, with Theresa May waiting to replace him.

Mr Cameron has been taking part in his final Prime Minister's Questions, before heading to Buckingham Palace to tender his resignation to the Queen.

He told MPs his time in power had been "amazing" and joked that apart from his royal audience his "diary for the rest of the afternoon is remarkably light".

After taking office, Mrs May will set about naming her own frontbench team.

The current home secretary, 59, was the only remaining candidate in the Conservative leadership contest following Andrea Leadsom's withdrawal on Monday.

Media captionLeaving Downing Street: How previous PMs have come and gone
The contest began when Mr Cameron, who has been prime minister since 2010, announced he would step down after losing the EU referendum in June.

Image copyrightREUTERS
Image captionTheresa May will become the UK's second female prime minister
During a generally light-hearted and jocular session of Prime Minister's Questions, his 182nd as PM - Mr Cameron said he had answered 5,500 questions at the despatch box.

'Amazing moments'
Defending his economic, social and foreign affairs legacy, Mr Cameron said there had been "many amazing moments" over the past six years of "public service in the national interest".

Mr Cameron "warmly congratulated" Theresa May, who sat next to him during the session, on her election and told Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn that "when it came to female prime ministers I am glad to say the score will soon be two-nil".

Mr Corbyn said that although he had often disagreed with the PM, he thanked him for his service over the last six years and praised him for his backing for equal marriage and his efforts to secure the release of Shaker Aamer from Guantanamo Bay.

The Labour leader also paid tribute to Mr Cameron's wife Samantha and his family, who watched the proceedings from the public gallery. His daughters Nancy and Florence were seen to give their father a wave and cheer him on during the session.

Earlier, Mr Cameron told the Telegraph he came into Downing Street to "lead people through difficult decisions so together we could reach better times", adding "as I leave today, I hope people will see a stronger country, a thriving economy, and more chances to get on in life."

Later, after saying goodbye to staff at Downing Street, the PM will tender his resignation to the Queen,

Royal audience
The BBC's Royal Correspondent Nicholas Witchell said the private audience was likely to be a short one, potentially about twenty minutes.

Soon after, Mrs May will then make her own way to Buckingham Palace, accompanied by her husband Philip, when she will be asked to accept the monarch's offer to form a new government.

Our correspondent said Queen Elizabeth was likely to ask the new PM, who will be the 13th leader of her reign, about her "intentions and programme" for government.

Mrs May will then return to No 10 as the country's second female prime minister, following in the footsteps of Margaret Thatcher.

She is expected to briefly address the nation before meeting top officials, including Cabinet Secretary Sir Jeremy Heyward, and receiving a full national security and defence briefing.

She will be asked to hand-write letters to the commanders of the UK's four Trident submarines about what to do in the event of a catastrophic nuclear attack on the UK and to appoint two nuclear "deputies" - ministers who will take decisions on the deterrent if she has been rendered incapable.

She is also expected to take calls from a number of foreign leaders. Later on Wednesday, she will get down to the work of putting together her government - with key appointments set to be announced within hours.

Factfile
Media captionMark Easton has been looking back at the Cameron years
  • David Cameron held office for six years, 62 days
  • This makes him the UK's 22nd longest-serving prime minister
  • Aged 49, he will be the youngest PM to leave office since the Earl of Roseberry in 1895
  • Theresa May, at 59, becomes the oldest incoming prime minister since Jim Callaghan in 1976
Removal vans were spotted outside Downing Street on Tuesday, as Mr Cameron's ministers paid tribute to him in his final cabinet meeting.

Former Culture Secretary Maria Miller rejected suggestions that Mr Cameron's legacy would be totally defined by the decision to leave the EU, saying that while this seemed "a very big part of the political bubble" now, other achievements would endure.

She told Sky News the prime minister has "championed gay marriage and social justice while putting the Conservative Party in the centre ground" of politics and leaving behind a "strong economic foundation" to cope with the uncertainty caused by Brexit.

The swift transition of power comes after the expected nine-week leadership campaign was truncated to just a couple of days by leading Brexit campaigner Andrea Leadsom's surprise withdrawal.

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionThe world's media is camped out in Downing Street as the handover of power nears
Image copyrightPA
Image captionThe Camerons are thought likely to head to their Oxfordshire home after leaving Downing Street
Image copyrightAFP
Image captionWhile Theresa May and her husband will soon swap their Berkshire home for Downing Street
Image copyrightPA
Image captionAmber Rudd is among a number of female politicians expected to be promoted by Theresa May
Mrs May, who backed a vote to remain in the EU, will unveil her full ministerial team over the next couple of days, with the focus on the key positions of chancellor and foreign secretary as well who will be put in charge of leading the Brexit negotiations.

She is expected to promote a number of women to senior positions, with International Development Secretary Justine Greening and Energy Secretary Amber Rudd among those likely to get upward moves.

Asked her about her prospects, Ms Rudd told reporters: "I haven't been told anything yet so I'm just going to get on with my day job".