clothing in november

Lola2312

Hi all,

Can anyone help please. I go back to tunisia for a month on Sat 1st nov so I need to get packing, but I just dont know what to take!
My boyfriend says its cold there now, to bring jumpers etc but when he tells me temperature I feel its too hot still. I get its cold to him but hot to me lol.

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice? I dont want to take jumpers etc and boil to death but I don't want to take shorts etc and be cold/look stupid.
I also appreciate this time isnt a holiday and il be with tunisian people a lot more so I want to look acceptable to them if u get me. I havent got much luggage allowance so cant take loads of clothes so need to plan what will suit.

Random post I know sorry but hopefully someone can help :)

Mrs H

It depends where u are going?

Lola2312

Sousse/Hammam Sousse area

Mrs H

It will still be quite warm. I've been in December and the Tunisians are walking about with jumpers and jackets and the tourists walking about in shorts and t shirts lol.

Jeans or trousers and t shirts should be fine with maybe a couple of jumpers for when it gets cooler in the evenings but you won't need your winter woollies.

One thing, if you are going visiting family maybe something respectable nothing worse than all the old women talking about you in Arabic cos you are showing too much flesh

Lola2312

Oh christ lol..
ok so me thinking jeans/leggings and tops with a few maxi dresses then maybe one jumper and one pair shorts should be ok.
could you tell me what too much flesh is classed as? Haha.
I wore a maxi dress last time whuch covered me all up apart from arms. This sort of thing okay?

Thanks for your help :)

Mrs H

Oh christ lol..
ok so me thinking jeans/leggings and tops with a few maxi dresses then maybe one jumper and one pair shorts should be ok.
could you tell me what too much flesh is classed as? Haha.
I wore a maxi dress last time whuch covered me all up apart from arms. This sort of thing okay?

Thanks for your help :)
Cover up your legs and cleavage and you should be ok lol

Lola2312

Thank you lol :)

gem15

At the moment its been quite nice during the day, t-shirt and jeans weather but it gets quite chilly at night so a jumper is needed. Its going down to the early 20's as from next week.

My slippers are on so its a sure sign winter is coming :D

Jellycat

It's cold at night ( well you will need a jacket and jeans)and most Tunisian houses get cold at this time of the year cos they are designed to keep out the sun so during the day the house will be colder than outside. Can rain quite a lot too. Can be lovely and warm during the day.
When I was at my in laws just recentlymy mil gave me a printed piece of cloth to cover my legs - I had on a knee length skirt-this was when lots of extended family were popping in for Eiid.

Lola2312

Thanks for the excellent advice. Looks like il be getting sone warmer tops and more jeans haha.

Okay so the more I can cover up the better infront of family :p

Mrs H

Thanks for the excellent advice. Looks like il be getting sone warmer tops and more jeans haha.

Okay so the more I can cover up the better infront of family :p
definitely lol

bascar

Think of our spring ...sometimes a little chilly and sometimes bright and warm..layer up or down ...I always take summer type dresses and wear leggings and a cardigan if it's chilly ...evenings you need a jacket and jeans etc ..

janette

From early November when all the maids come in my room for their a.m. coffee, they look at the balcony with the doors flung wide open and shriek in horror. ''Janette - la porte!!!' -- this pantomime continues through out the lovely mild winter :)

Jillimom

Hey jannete, good to know I am not the only one who has my doors open through-out the whole wintertime! Tunisians in general think you will immediately catch your death of cold if there is a hint of air. Whatever...:rolleyes:

Definitely pack a few sweaters lola because it does get chilly at night. We had the craziest hail storm today, at about noon, out of nowhere and the temperature dropped a good 10 degrees! Ice the size of coins. Good to be prepared for crazy weather...could be sunny, it could be rainy.

Mrs H

I'll always remember my father in law wrapping me up in a scarf and telling me to zip up my jacket. It was about 10 degrees which to me is a summers day where I come from lol

janette

Hey jannete, good to know I am not the only one who has my doors open through-out the whole wintertime! Tunisians in general think you will immediately catch your death of cold if there is a hint of air. Whatever...:rolleyes:

Definitely pack a few sweaters lola because it does get chilly at night. We had the craziest hail storm today, at about noon, out of nowhere and the temperature dropped a good 10 degrees! Ice the size of coins. Good to be prepared for crazy weather...could be sunny, it could be rainy.
and don't mention the shrieks of horror if they see you are walking on the tiled floor in bare feet!!!!!!!!!!

Scottochott

and don't mention the shrieks of horror if they see you are walking on the tiled floor in bare feet!!!!!!!!!!
Lol, absolutely! And in summer the air conditioning will make you ill!