CONI..

gemmak

I can't remember exactly how much it was now Jane, it wasn't too expensive, but if you ring the Embassy in Tunis theyll let you know exactly...it used to be just over 100 dinar or so, but it may have gone up in price.
Same for me Marie....3 months validity, and that was last year..
Ive been to the register office and seen the registrar to apply for my CONI which is due back in about 2 weeks time, and aware il need to get a copy of my full birth certificate (14 days?)before i go out for the wedding..
but do i need to do something else -the 'reading of banns' i've seen mentioned on this thread??x

Jane BM

Ive been to the register office and seen the registrar to apply for my CONI which is due back in about 2 weeks time, and aware il need to get a copy of my full birth certificate (14 days?)before i go out for the wedding..
but do i need to do something else -the 'reading of banns' i've seen mentioned on this thread??x
Simple answer.....nope.....just remember the birth certificate before you go and book in for your bloods to be done before,the wedding when you are over there.

Chez125

Is the CONI valid from the start of the 21 days or the end of the 21 days. I am due to get married 1st week in January and was thinking of getting it now but dont want to cut it to fine. Thanks

Jane BM

Is the CONI valid from the start of the 21 days or the end of the 21 days. I am due to get married 1st week in January and was thinking of getting it now but dont want to cut it to fine. Thanks
The CONI is valid for THREE MONTHS from the date of issue Chez125. It's the birth certificate that needs to be no older than 21 days at the date of the wedding. X

Chez125

Thats good then I can get that sorted next week as will still be valid first week in January. So much to do its unbelievable. Think the wedding is the easy bit though and the visa is going to be a nightmare!!

Jane BM

Thats good then I can get that sorted next week as will still be valid first week in January. So much to do its unbelievable. Think the wedding is the easy bit though and the visa is going to be a nightmare!!
You're not wrong there...lol. Best of luck with it all Chez125, loads of threads on here to help with visa issues though. Xx

Becky4

Hi I was wondering if any could help this may sound like a stupid question but could I get my birth certificate and CONI faxed to me in Tunisia? x

Jane BM

Hi I was wondering if any could help this may sound like a stupid question but could I get my birth certificate and CONI faxed to me in Tunisia? x
Nope, they need the originals...sorry!! The CONI can be scanned and emailled to the Embassy though if that helps!!

Becky4

Nope, they need the originals...sorry!! The CONI can be scanned and emailled to the Embassy though if that helps!![/quo
Thanks hun so I dont have to have the original on me then I could get someone to e mail it to the embassy but my birth certificate has to be original so that could be posted or would I be taking a big risk with the post? x

Jasmine

I posted my BC using Royal Mail signed for - took just under 10 days. But considering the BC has to be recent issue, no older than 20days in some places, it could be a risk.

I assume that you are in Tunisia? Is there no-one that could bring it over for you? Or i think some members have used courier services but was costly.

Becky4

Hi thanks for the info im not in Tunisia yet will be going next week my CONI will be picked up on the 28th dec and I didnt realise my bc only had 21 days I thought it was the CONI stupid me so if I took my bc with me now it would be older then 21 days if that makes sense x

Jasmine

Hi thanks for the info im not in Tunisia yet will be going next week my CONI will be picked up on the 28th dec and I didnt realise my bc only had 21 days I thought it was the CONI stupid me so if I took my bc with me now it would be older then 21 days if that makes sense x
Makes sense and may not be accepted :confused:

The CONI is valid 3 months. When are you planning on marrying? Sorry if you have already said somewhere - havent managed to catch up on threads yet.

Jane BM

If you email the Embassy before you go and tell them you'll be scanning and emailing your CONI to them then that side of things should be fine.
As far as your BC is concerned, is anyone going over to the wedding and going a few days before? Cos you can get it translated in a day....or I have just sent paperwork over to my InLaws for a VV via Royal Mail and it got there within a week.

Becky4

Thats great thanks ladies im going to getin touch with the embassy and then see if theres someone coming over we are hoping to marry in January my family will be coming over in the summer for us to have a big family party :) x

Jane BM

Thats great thanks ladies im going to getin touch with the embassy and then see if theres someone coming over we are hoping to marry in January my family will be coming over in the summer for us to have a big family party :) x
Hope it all goes well for you Becky...

SamiiJ

Hey everyone

Quick question.. What is the estimate to get married I mean just get the papers done?

Like marriage cert and get someone to marry us xx not a huge ceremony as we are doing a party later on but just wanted estimate :)

Chez125

It takes at least 3 weeks to get your Certificate of No Impediment (CONI) from the registry office in Britain. It is effectively you having you bans read and needs to be entered into the register for 21 days before you are cleared to marry. Then they post it to you so another couple of days for that as well. This needs translating and can only be done at the embassy so another week or so for this to happen as well. Also costs 172 dinars for the translation and you will need to pick it up from the embassy in Tunis so factor that journey time in as well.
The birth cert will only take a few days but needs to be dated within 21 days of the date of your marriage. Again this needs translating but can be done anywhere.
The rest of it can be done pretty quickly if your partner has his ID card and birth certificate also.
You will both need medical certificates for your wedding ceremony so a visit to a clinic needs to be scheduled in also.
So my reckoning is probably about 4-5 weeks if you really push everything through.

Good luck x

SamiiJ

Thanks for all that information but I meant cost of marriage certificate etc? I know all the other stuff :)

Jane BM

Thanks for all that information but I meant cost of marriage certificate etc? I know all the other stuff :)

Don't know Samii, we had ours done for free as was a friend of ours who married us. Can't your boyfriend pop to his local municipality to find out?

maynardlynne

if you live near to your local registry office, you can pick up BC same day...well i did. i also got my coni translated at embassy same day. the next morning my hub went to local municipality and we got married in the early evening. had great party at his family home about 100 guests. plus his mam and sisters did the cooking. 1 dinar to get married lol . wish i could live that day again:)