CONI..

Jane BM

if you live near to your local registry office, you can pick up BC same day...well i did. i also got my coni translated at embassy same day. the next morning my hub went to local municipality and we got married in the early evening. had great party at his family home about 100 guests. plus his mam and sisters did the cooking. 1 dinar to get married lol . wish i could live that day again:)
They do know how to do a party!!!

Chez125

Bit of a strange question but when I get my birth certificate translated does it need to be in french or arabic. My CONI is being done as we speak at the embassy but didnt think to ask what language for my birth certificate.

Jane BM

Bit of a strange question but when I get my birth certificate translated does it need to be in french or arabic. My CONI is being done as we speak at the embassy but didnt think to ask what language for my birth certificate.
Doesn't really matter Chez, mine was translated into Arabic..

hollysahbi

Hi Everyone,

Just a few questions if anyone can help.

So I got divorced from my Tunisian Husband in March after being seperated for awhile. I am now getting married againas mad as you all may think I am haha I am really happy more than I have ever been anyway I went to my regristry office and registred to get married again in tunisia i gave all my divorce papers then a week later got a letter that i had to fill in because i am not a tunisian national. I asked if it would take longer now for my coni to be ready but they couldnt answer but said they will phone me still waiting for this phone call and have rang back twice :( .

So my question is has anybody had this happen and there was a delay in getting your paperwork?

And does anybody know where and if i can see where they post our names for intended marriges?

Thanks

Holly xx

Jenny

Congrats to your upcoming wedding!

The good thing with being married to a Tunisian man before is that you are well aware of the culture :)

Jasmine

Your local registry office.. Not sure what difference not being a Tunisian National makes ? :confused:

You are intending to marry in Tunisia, and the CONI should take 21days (posted in your Town Hall) and then they will call you when its time to collect or they'll post them to you - whichever you agreed.

hollysahbi

Thanks Jenny I am so excited and yes i have to agree knowing more about the culture has given us a head start :)

Thanks Jasmine I asked today if it would take longer because i am not sure if my banns have been posted because of this extra paper i had to sign its something to do with my divorce i just hope its not started from today i was hoping on going over on the 12th and our wedding 22nd thats why i wanted to know if theres a website you can look at to see your names posted for intended marriages?? Xx

Jasmine

Thanks Jenny I am so excited and yes i have to agree knowing more about the culture has given us a head start :)

Thanks Jasmine I asked today if it would take longer because i am not sure if my banns have been posted because of this extra paper i had to sign its something to do with my divorce i just hope its not started from today i was hoping on going over on the 12th and our wedding 22nd thats why i wanted to know if theres a website you can look at to see your names posted for intended marriages?? Xx
Not sure if there is a specific website - never looked :D Does your local registry office have a website? Could be worth having a look and see if you can view online. If not, then i would either go to the registry office and have a look or call them to ask when its likely to be ready.

You remembered your recent BC? :p

hollysahbi

Ok thanks and yeh I got my birth cert two weeks ago is that ok or does it need to be done again? Also can I just ask for an updaye on what else I need just to double check?

Xx

Jane BM

Ok thanks and yeh I got my birth cert two weeks ago is that ok or does it need to be done again? Also can I just ask for an updaye on what else I need just to double check?

Xx
Hollysahbi your birth certificate needs to be no older than 21 days on the date of your wedding..so you may need to order again, however your CONI is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Remember as well to have your decree absolute with you and get it translated. I'm presuming your absolute is older than 3 months?

hollysahbi

Yeh it is older than 3 months its translated to english does that need to be less than 3 months to?

Jane BM

Yeh it is older than 3 months its translated to english does that need to be less than 3 months to?
It needs to be in Arabic if the weddings in Tunisia...lol..the registrar will need it before the wedding. I was divorced previously but in England so papers were in English, then had them translated and stamped in Tunisia. I had it translated though with my BC etc the week leading up to the wedding.

hollysahbi

They are in arabic and english i got my copies in october although my divorce was complete in march. do they need to get new copies that are less than 3 months old?

Jane BM

They are in arabic and english i got my copies in october although my divorce was complete in march. do they need to get new copies that are less than 3 months old?
I'm not sure Holly, I wouldn't have thought so though. Especially if you were divorced in Tunisia from your ex. Double check it though.

hollysahbi

Ok thanks will do i am so stressed now i.dont understand why everything has to be certain days old its stupid x

huttan

Ok thanks will do i am so stressed now i.dont understand why everything has to be certain days old its stupid x

....and AMEN to that....:)...some longer time limits for papers status wouldnt be wrong sometimes(as long as nothing has changed)....

Jasmine

Maybe they assume that like Tunisians we have our marital status on our BC's. :confused:

Holly, take a photo copy of your passport info page and 2 passport photos of you each. You will also need the Drs certificate when you are over there.

hollysahbi

Thank you Jasmine xx

lynn

one Tune is enough to be married to,, don't think I could go through it again, your brave really :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Will you go and live in Tunisia or is he planning to come to the uk?