Considering moving to Tunisia, from Holland

wonderland

Hi everyone!

I am so lost, I would really like to hear you alls opinion.

I travel to Tunisia around 4/5 times in a year. Most of the time I stay for around 1 month. After some time I met my best friend in Tunisia. (Maybe I should introduce myself first, Im a 21 year old girl who lives in The Netherlands.)

So, I met him in the airport when I was on my way back to Holland. We we're laughing and keep talking, so after a while we said let's keep in touch on instagram. For the first 4/5 months we we're like the best friends ever. Keep calling each other everyday and I was so glad I met someone like him.

After that time I came back to Tunisia for 1 month and we spend that whole month together. After this we were sure we were falling in love with each other, so we are together as a couple now for exactly one year. He is my best friend and the love of my life in one, wallah.

But here is my problem. He doesn't want to live in Holland. His mom is really sick and he works as a police man in Tunisia. To be honest, I don't want to live in Holland either. I fell in love with Tunisia a long time a go. With the people, the culture, his family. His nieces are my best friends. In all that time I came to Tunisia I made lots of friends (mostly female). If I follow my heart, I would move to Tunisia tomorrow. But my problem is, how can I support myself to live in Tunisia.

I tried to find work for dutch companies in Tunisia. (Sousse) Mostly as a tour/vacation guide for dutch vacationers. But they already have enough people this season.. Mohiem, while im here in Holland I keep getting into a darker hole of my life. I am not happy here. I miss my best friend, I miss my family and I would do anything to move literally tomorrow.

Does somebody know a company (dont care if its from dutch, belgium or england) who are still searching for european people who need a job? I tried everything but I feel like nothing is in my favor. I really need to be with my friends and my family or I will break myself up here.

I can speak dutch and english fluent. My arabic (tunisian) is getting better, alhamdulillah. But my french and deutsch is like 0%. So there are no ways for me to have a job where I need to speak those languages, haha.

Please help me out or send me a message if you know other ways!! Im hopeless at this moment.

Lots of love

(Oh and I don't want to talk like I have a bad life. Im living in a good house back here in Holland and i am healthy, so I will always say hamdulillah. But for my psychical health it would be so much better if I had an opportunity in Tunisia)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

I am so lost, I would really like to hear you alls opinion.

I travel to Tunisia around 4/5 times in a year. Most of the time I stay for around 1 month. After some time I met my best friend in Tunisia. (Maybe I should introduce myself first, Im a 21 year old girl who lives in The Netherlands.)

So, I met him in the airport when I was on my way back to Holland. We we're laughing and keep talking, so after a while we said let's keep in touch on instagram. For the first 4/5 months we we're like the best friends ever. Keep calling each other everyday and I was so glad I met someone like him.

After that time I came back to Tunisia for 1 month and we spend that whole month together. After this we were sure we were falling in love with each other, so we are together as a couple now for exactly one year. He is my best friend and the love of my life in one, wallah.

But here is my problem. He doesn't want to live in Holland. His mom is really sick and he works as a police man in Tunisia. To be honest, I don't want to live in Holland either. I fell in love with Tunisia a long time a go. With the people, the culture, his family. His nieces are my best friends. In all that time I came to Tunisia I made lots of friends (mostly female). If I follow my heart, I would move to Tunisia tomorrow. But my problem is, how can I support myself to live in Tunisia.

I tried to find work for dutch companies in Tunisia. (Sousse) Mostly as a tour/vacation guide for dutch vacationers. But they already have enough people this season.. Mohiem, while im here in Holland I keep getting into a darker hole of my life. I am not happy here. I miss my best friend, I miss my family and I would do anything to move literally tomorrow.

Does somebody know a company (dont care if its from dutch, belgium or england) who are still searching for european people who need a job? I tried everything but I feel like nothing is in my favor. I really need to be with my friends and my family or I will break myself up here.

I can speak dutch and english fluent. My arabic (tunisian) is getting better, alhamdulillah. But my french and deutsch is like 0%. So there are no ways for me to have a job where I need to speak those languages, haha.

Please help me out or send me a message if you know other ways!! Im hopeless at this moment.

Lots of love

(Oh and I don't want to talk like I have a bad life. Im living in a good house back here in Holland and i am healthy, so I will always say hamdulillah. But for my psychical health it would be so much better if I had an opportunity in Tunisia)
Its very difficult at the moment due to bad economy.

My first port of call would be travel companies who need reps.

Passed that you will need to be creative.

If you dont have a outside job posted in Tunisia your wages most likely will not give you enough to live on. Live many Tunisians you better working all the hours in the EU and then coming home for the summer.