Current visa applications

Mickie jade

hello all,

It's been a while since I've been on here but just an update, myself and hubby are currently on our 8th week of waiting for our decision, this is our second time around but keeping everything crossed,

Just wondered if there were any other couples waiting for their decisions as its been a while since anyone commented on Any current applications, when did you apply and what week are you in waiting

Hope your all well

Njt11

I flew back from Tunisia on Sunday and there was a lady who got married and then they applied when she was still out, they did priority and got answer in 4 working days, so he was on plane too! Was sat next to another woman who didn't do priority and was on her 12th week of waiting. Hope you hear soon fingers crossed X why were you refused first time if you don't mind me asking xx

Mickie jade

Ohhhh wow I should have paid for priority now lol, we were refused first time on financial grounds I didn't reach the requirements but it was my fault cause I read the information wrong so I thought I did, thank you for replying to my post xx

Last edited:

Njt11

I'm panicking that I've read it wrong too now you've said that!!!£18600 pre tax yeah?!x

Jane BM

I'm panicking that I've read it wrong too now you've said that!!!£18600 pre tax yeah?!x
Yes....lol...£18,600 gross pay.

Njt11

Mickie jade

Yes Hun like Jane said, but because I didn't know what I was doing last time I thought I just needed saving of 18,600 so it was my fault xx

Njt11

Oh right thanks v much, so confusing!!! Did you send your documents to Sheffield?? There is new thing apparently, I'm just wondering because I presumed that when we printed application form my husband would have to sign it, but the tls website said that they don't take anything with them to the appointment and everything needs to be sent by sponsor.....hope I don't have to send it to him to sign then wait for him to send back! Anyone know??

Mickie jade

Oh right thanks v much, so confusing!!! Did you send your documents to Sheffield?? There is new thing apparently, I'm just wondering because I presumed that when we printed application form my husband would have to sign it, but the tls website said that they don't take anything with them to the appointment and everything needs to be sent by sponsor.....hope I don't have to send it to him to sign then wait for him to send back! Anyone know??

We didn't hubby took all the documents with him to the application centre but it is now a new thing for the sponsor to send all the documents to Sheffield but you can also send all together with hubby. Personally I would send them with hubby just so everything is all together and received together if you get me xx

Liz Brown

Your hubby can't take them with him to the appointment - I know because I took our papers to Tunisia, he took them to TLS contact appointment and they refused to take them so I had to take them back with me and post! Paid priority and they've had the papers a week now - good luck all! PS my solicitor said that it's better the papers are sent to Sheffield as they will know the UKVI procedures better Here's hoping!

Njt11

Yeah I thought there was a cut of date for sending them from Tunisia....that's fine as long as I know, there's so much to read I trust myself with none of this!!! Did your husband sign the printed form you took to contact centre??xx @Liz Brown

Liz Brown

He did sign it yes I'm anxious at he signed it the date of the appointment but it said form completed a couple of weeks before by our solicitor so I hope this is ok!

Liz Brown

They had the application form open online and just took from him the passport photos, proof of payments (IHS / visa / fast track) and his passport. Hope this helps x

Njt11

Oh right because the info I read was that he only needs to go with his passport? I'm honestly so confused!! I've got 2 passport photos I will put in with supporting stuff and he will just have to go with another 2 and the emails!! Stress!!! @Liz Brown

Mickie jade

Sorry yes just read the tls website and the closing date for Tunisians to send documents ended 23rd may, we applied in April, defo a better thing that they are dealt with in Sheffield rather than France at least they can empathise with you living situation good luck to you both xx

Liz Brown

Had the email today to say a decision has been made! Just waiting for them to ring hubby or to get another email from TLS to say he can collect - wish it said yes or no on the email!

Njt11

Liz Brown

Everything crossed eeek - will do! X

Mickie jade

Had the email today to say a decision has been made! Just waiting for them to ring hubby or to get another email from TLS to say he can collect - wish it said yes or no on the email!

Omg how amazing I really wished I had paid priority now it makes me sad, wishing you all the best please let us know how you get on xx

Liz Brown

Successful!! Good luck ladies!! X