Dates for holidaying in Tunisia!!!!

missmetal

I'd give up anything to see my man every 6 weeks or every 3 months...June will be almost a year since I've seen mine..we aren't married but Still..
I know the feeling...it's every 6months for us and we are married now. Visa is in progress so hopefully I won't have to go back this year. His parents also want to see me every time I go. They're in Sidi bouzid, but I always say for 1 night only as I'm so uncomfy with the set up. Not to mention boredom!

Trulymadlydeeply

Thing is ladies even when you're hubbys have their visas when you visit Tunisia it will still be the same!!! Better get used to it...:)

Also I'd like to ask, (when I was in your shoes I was lucky enough to go every 8-12 weeks) when you haven't seen your partners for 6 months a year even do you still feel that you have that same connection? If I see someone that I haven't seen for that long sooo much has changed in both our lives it must be really hard to just pick up the pieces and carry on??

missmetal

Thing is ladies even when you're hubbys have their visas when you visit Tunisia it will still be the same!!! Better get used to it...:)

Also I'd like to ask, (when I was in your shoes I was lucky enough to go every 8-12 weeks) when you haven't seen your partners for 6 months a year even do you still feel that you have that same connection? If I see someone that I haven't seen for that long sooo much has changed in both our lives it must be really hard to just pick up the pieces and carry on??
Digitally we see each other every weekend...some military families don't even get that :) we have a good catch up...but we also chat during the week...so we're always up to date....with technology we don't feel the gap is that big between us when we do see each other physically....excepts a few more wrinkles or pounds....lol!

Trulymadlydeeply

It still must be really hard though because on a PC some are not really themselves do you see what i mean.. discussions would be different if you were face to face, body language etc. Military families have generally met eachother in the same country and had a relationship living together before they go off on tour, the ground work has already been done. Reason I say this is, statistics and through my own knowledge of TN mixed relationships they don't seem to last long when the TN leaves his homeland...is this because the couples don't really know eachother warts n all, lol.

I like your posts missmetal, and think that we would get along if we met, but I don't really know you and it could be different!! :)

I think I was "in love" with all things Tunisian, it was like going back in time, plus the lovely weather and beaches... very different story when he was on my doorstep!!!

missmetal

Thanks mate...I agree I think we would get on well too!

Funny thing is though....I've already set that expectation that im up for loads of challenges. It might sound weird to say this...but I've said it to him to....I'm only thinking of the 'now' and for now I'm happy and that can changed. Now might last 5 or 10 years and I'm ok with that.

I've forced him to talk about divorce and accept that as a reality because there's no point staying together when you're miserable. He of course hates the subject coz marriage is forever and ever...and then i bring down from the cloud and remind him if that was the case i'd be married to the ex still....so shut it!! Lol....I think I have my eyes open and it's more me I'm worried about....having him depend on me might be too claustrophobic. But my motto is, I at least got to try...no luck with local men here...and for the 1st time in 8 yrs....a Tunisian guy fought like hell to get me to love him.

He does not stand a chance at being fake when online with me, I give him **** all the time when he dresses up to see me and I've barely woken up....lol!...I know what u mean tho...coz it was like that at first...but our trip to south Africa changed it all for us.

I know it's gonna be tough, but I talk about the challenges all the time...so his expectations are set too. But it will be huge wake up call when he's living it and I'll get the pleasure of saying 'I told u so' lol!

Trulymadlydeeply

Thanks for an honest answer missmetal... I truly hope that it is an everlasting love, who knows eh.

I remember a few years ago bunking through a side door to a Bon Jovi concert just as he was singing "Always" fantastic :)

missmetal

Thanks for an honest answer missmetal... I truly hope that it is an everlasting love, who knows eh.

I remember a few years ago bunking through a side door to a Bon Jovi concert just as he was singing "Always" fantastic :)
Wish I had seen him the 80's....loved him and richie....especially there long hair! So gutted when they cut it to hahaha!

Trulymadlydeeply

Richie Sambora what a great name.... ;)

Sorry back to topic ladies, lol

lainie

i feel the same as missmetal. its tuogh and my eyes are truly open
its still no breeze going every 6 weeks and things change so much in both our lives in such a short psace of time but i've decided to not sweat the small stuff and make sure we have proper conversations about the "biggys"

we will go down the visa route for the UK as i have just managed to cling to to my job this week in the face of redundancy.
however i am happy to live and work in tunisia if thats what it takes - but on my terms.

crazypink

I dnt think you truely know your man until hes here with you - totally agree with Truely on that. The UK changes them, the culture is so unlike their own. When you live together you begin to see that they are just men - same as any other men. No-one can tell you until they are here lol much as they try. Its hard work but worth it.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

missmetal

I dnt think you truely know your man until hes here with you - totally agree with Truely on that. The UK changes them, the culture is so unlike their own. When you live together you begin to see that they are just men - same as any other men. No-one can tell you until they are here lol much as they try. Its hard work but worth it.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
agreed! :)

Marie1959

Hi Ladies I am married and have our appeal court hearing on the 6th May for hubbies visa I go to be with him as often as possible and usually fly to Monastir then we have an eight hour journey to Douz where i spend the entire time with my hubby and all his family. I love being with them all MIL is a darling and Baba is too and hubby as 5 brothers and a sister its a long trek but worth every second. If we win the appeal he will be here with me soon but we will still visit his family as often as possible after all they are my family too. xxx

missmetal

Is it possible for tunes to leave from monastir airport?

NetNiet

Hi Ladies I am married and have our appeal court hearing on the 6th May for hubbies visa I go to be with him as often as possible and usually fly to Monastir then we have an eight hour journey to Douz where i spend the entire time with my hubby and all his family. I love being with them all MIL is a darling and Baba is too and hubby as 5 brothers and a sister its a long trek but worth every second. If we win the appeal he will be here with me soon but we will still visit his family as often as possible after all they are my family too. xxx
Hello Marie, can't you fly at Tunis and than take a national flight closer to Douz?
Even flying at Djerba will be better to go to Douz.

Marie1959

Have looked into flying to Djerba and from here its just too expensive they were wanting over a £1000 per person and 2 of us go. With the changes to the airports now will be looking at flying to Tunis i think in future as flights from Manchester wont be landing at Monastir anymore. I am hoping wont have to do it as often as we have our court appeal day 6th May for hubbies visa lol.
I hope all is good with you xxxx Thanks

NetNiet

Hi Marie, yes I'm fine thank you, hope you're OK aswell!

If you can get a flight to Tunis, than you can fly from Tunis to Tozeur and save you the long trip from 8 hours.

But I hope you will get the Visa!

Trulymadlydeeply

No missmetal, not the first time they travel it has to be Tunis. Once they have been abroad they (from the UK) can fly from any airport on a charter flight..

sarahbelle

No missmetal, not the first time they travel it has to be Tunis. Once they have been abroad they (from the UK) can fly from any airport on a charter flight..
Am i right in understanding then that when our husbands finally get their visa to come to the uk the have to fly from Tunis to uk and no other airport

crazypink

Am i right in understanding then that when our husbands finally get their visa to come to the uk the have to fly from Tunis to uk and no other airport
Yes hun, the 1st flight when they leave Tunisia has to be from Tunis - when they are here they can fly into and leave from any airport in Tunisia.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

sarahbelle

Yes hun, the 1st flight when they leave Tunisia has to be from Tunis - when they are here they can fly into and leave from any airport in Tunisia.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
omg i never knew this, any idea why this is ??? that makes it more difficult for him to get there and for me to meet him lol