Dates for holidaying in Tunisia!!!!

ROULLA

I have a Tunisian 'friend' say no more..... he has a shop in a hotel in Kantawi.
OH ok, 18 years is a long time, have you not thought of getting married ? There are quite a few members on here that spend their time in kantaoui, in fact I would say that quite a few British people prefer it there then anywhere else in Tunisia.

Dorito

OH ok, 18 years is a long time, have you not thought of getting married ? There are quite a few members on here that spend their time in kantaoui, in fact I would say that quite a few British people prefer it there then anywhere else in Tunisia.
Yes it's a lovely place, as for getting married, well Tunisian men have their complications lol. We have a lovely relationship really, but yes in an ideal world marriage would have been nice.

ROULLA

Yes it's a lovely place, as for getting married, well Tunisian men have their complications lol. We have a lovely relationship really, but yes in an ideal world marriage would have been nice.
When you say complications, can you give us an example ? Religion maybe

Dorito

Yes religion and relatives and other's views. It's strange though Roulla, as it's come to the point that we really don't care anymore, well at least I don't. I know he is more sensitive to other people's opinions than me, but we respect each other and that's all we ever went by.

missmetal

Haha, I can think of loads, Religion, Food habits, Hair routines and what not....lots of complications and 'situations' :)

Essem

Staff member
October can be a beautiful month to visit.

ROULLA

Haha, I can think of loads, Religion, Food habits, Hair routines and what not....lots of complications and 'situations' :)
Hi Missmetal, hope that you and your husband are both well!
There may be times when things are hard, but you have to work at them together to form a marriage that will last.
Some things may seem complicated, but when you sit down and talk about them, there not as complicated as they seemed once discussed. Life is far too short to be complicated, things always work themselves out in the end, one way or another.

ROULLA

October can be a beautiful month to visit.
Whats your favourite month Essem ? I know that mine is July and that is only because my best friend the SUN comes out and stays for the whole day, in saying that I have seen it rain buckets in July.

Last edited:

Essem

Staff member
I love the extreme heat of July & August Roulla but also enjoy cooler months when I can travel around more comfortably.

I like January & February down in the south and April up in the north.xxx

ROULLA

Yes religion and relatives and other's views. It's strange though Roulla, as it's come to the point that we really don't care anymore, well at least I don't. I know he is more sensitive to other people's opinions than me, but we respect each other and that's all we ever went by.
I think that after travelling to Kantaoui for 18 years then I would have been the first to invest, 18 years ago the property must have been peanuts compared to now... I don't really go to Sousse as my husband is from Nabeul, I have stayed in Sousse but could not tell you for the life of me what the name of the hotel was called as I only stayed there a few nights, you must have very good knowledge about Sousse.
What hotel would you recommend in Sousse ?

Trulymadlydeeply

I stayed at Tour Khalef but that was back in 1996 after I got married :eek: Haven't been back to Sousse since!!

Trulymadlydeeply

I find it strange that all the things we dislike (putting it politely) as wives/girlfriends of Tunisians are all very similar traits.... Like it's ingrained in them :mad:

missmetal

I find it strange that all the things we dislike (putting it politely) as wives/girlfriends of Tunisians are all very similar traits.... Like it's ingrained in them :mad:
I'm happy to report that we have worked thru these issues. Rhoulla is right that's what we need to do if you want it to be success. So I can happily report that hair gel has been eradicated since hubby is growing his hair. No doubt it will return one day but I will be recommneding was or pomade instead.

Religion, well I'm rather opinionated so I can't see that one ever being resolved and as for the mirrors I just have to keep pushing him out the way

missmetal

Hi Missmetal, hope that you and your husband are both well!
There may be times when things are hard, but you have to work at them together to form a marriage that will last.
Some things may seem complicated, but when you sit down and talk about them, there not as complicated as they seemed once discussed. Life is far too short to be complicated, things always work themselves out in the end, one way or another.
100% lady. Luckily hubby is the patient one as he's always saying we can work through all the problems together. Seems to be working as we're still going strong.

Aslemma

Bet you can't wait, can you pack me in your suitcase please....
I wish I could Jane. It would be lovely to meet up with you and Aymen again.

Dorito

I think that after travelling to Kantaoui for 18 years then I would have been the first to invest, 18 years ago the property must have been peanuts compared to now... I don't really go to Sousse as my husband is from Nabeul, I have stayed in Sousse but could not tell you for the life of me what the name of the hotel was called as I only stayed there a few nights, you must have very good knowledge about Sousse.
What hotel would you recommend in Sousse ?
I'm not sure I could recommend any really, in as much, it depends on what you want and what you want to pay for. But ask away if anyone has specific questions about specific hotels.

ROULLA

I'm not sure I could recommend any really, in as much, it depends on what you want and what you want to pay for. But ask away if anyone has specific questions about specific hotels.
Hi Dorito, hope that you are well! What hotel do you stay at when you go there ? Is it very expensive ? I think that I would rather an apartment to be honest with you anyway.

Dorito

Hi Roulla,
Hi Dorito, hope that you are well! What hotel do you stay at when you go there ? Is it very expensive ? I think that I would rather an apartment to be honest with you anyway.
I am fine thanks, I hope you are well. I usually stay in a private apartment. However I have stayed in hotels also, and really, to everyone please shop and negotiate first.

ROULLA

Hi Roulla,

I am fine thanks, I hope you are well. I usually stay in a private apartment. However I have stayed in hotels also, and really, to everyone please shop and negotiate first.
I stayed in a private apartment in Sousse once and it was wonderful, not sure how much it cost as it was a gift from a very good friend , loved the fact that you could go to the beach, which was only a few minutes away.
I have also seen another apartment in Sousse and I would give anything to own one like that, the design and interior is something out of this world, well I can dream, can't I!:)

Aslemma

I've a feeling I know which apartment you are talking about in Sousse Roulla and I couldn't agree more. :)