David Cameron hopes to lift advice against British nationals visiting Tunisia‬

cherie63

British Embassy Tunis
Prime Minister David Cameron spoke to Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid yesterday and told him that he hopes to lift advice against British nationals visiting‪ ‎Tunisia‬ "as quickly as possible".
The phone call was an opportunity to talk about how the UK and Tunisia can keep working together to tackle the terrorist threat and the shared challenge both countries face from extremism.

Prime Minister Cameron said that Britain will continue to support Tunisia on its road to‪ democracy‬, and both Prime Minister’s agreed their shared objective was to put in place the right ‪‎security‬ measures and to look at ways to counter the terrorist threat in Tunisia, so that the UK could change its travel advice as quickly as possible.

kalie

Yipee !! Good news at last !!!!

robynnehm

Gosh I really hope so!! X

annibee

cant really see them doing it before 31st october now though.

scotty_bambam

Thomas cook just called me and refunded my flight for 20 October.I said I'd like to wait in case the flights back on.they said there Won't be any flights till next year!

kalie

Then they will loose a lot of custom

Jane BM

Thomas cook just called me and refunded my flight for 20 October.I said I'd like to wait in case the flights back on.they said there Won't be any flights till next year!
They'd already said that all flights were cancelled till 31st October at least anyway, so it was inevitable they would give you a refund.

annibee

if thats the case will be getting another refund soon i guess :confused:

shyone

Even if they lift the ban after watching escape from isis has put me right of they want blonde hair blue eyes!! These people are animals they will stop at nothing they have got what they wanted... I was still going until I watched escape from isis as I was going to lose out alot of money if I didn't but I am happy to forget about money and stay safe...

kalie

Just posted on Thompson blog asking if flights from 1st Nov are flying, yes came back the reply, bookings are available from 1st Nov . So looks a bit more hopeful

Essem

Staff member
Even if they lift the ban after watching escape from isis has put me right of they want blonde hair blue eyes!! These people are animals they will stop at nothing they have got what they wanted... I was still going until I watched escape from isis as I was going to lose out alot of money if I didn't but I am happy to forget about money and stay safe...

Did you notice on Escape from Isis that it was a Tunisian jihadist who offered to 'sell' some of the kidnapped women to the people trying to resuce them?

Aslemma

Yes Essem, and I also saw that the women were rescued without any money being handed over. What absolute heroes the rescuers are, knowing their own lives are at risk whenever they are attempt to get these women and children out.

annibee

Just posted on Thompson blog asking if flights from 1st Nov are flying, yes came back the reply, bookings are available from 1st Nov . So looks a bit more hopeful
wonder how much they going to be charging. if t.cook not flying they can charge what they want :(

I wish David Cameron would discuss other practical matters. For instance, there are many British children who can't visit Tunisia because the father has to give Parental consent before the child leaves the country. Most divorced couples have an agonising time because if trust has broken down, the child can't visit Tunisia and return home safely. There is also no power for the Tunisian to send maintenance payments, no enforcement exists. This has made bringing up my child agonising. P.