Divorce - about to or have divorced a Tunisian

Sinead79

No contact with him or any of his family. His uk number is dead and the number I had for his parents goes to voicemail.

I have an email sent to me by mistake from his bank confirming an appointment to transfer his account to their branch. That was in Belfast (where the girl lives who he was seeing while with me) so stupidly she may have moved him in there. I'm in north east England by the way

Trulymadlydeeply

As stated on another thread it is very easy to obtain his birth certificate in Tunisia if he has not divorced you there your name will still be on it as married to him. This costs under £2!! If you want to divorce him here you will as you say need an address for papers to be sent. He must be working I presume could he not be traced by his NI number?

Sinead79

He may be working but she could be supporting him.

Any idea how I check via his national insurance number and how I get a copy of his birth certificate from Tunisia when I'm in the uk.

I can divorce without serving him papers but I have to prove to the court I gave done all I can to try and find him first

Trulymadlydeeply

Do you know anyone in Tunisia as anyone can get it, just need all his details dates and place if birth.

I don't think you would be authorised to check by his NI wasn't sure if solicitor could.. Sorry can't be of more help. Good luck..

Sinead79

Do you know anyone in Tunisia as anyone can get it, just need all his details dates and place if birth.

I don't think you would be authorised to check by his NI wasn't sure if solicitor could.. Sorry can't be of more help. Good luck..
No the only people I know are linked to him and don't gave contact details other than Facebook for his brother in law!

DARK ANGEL

Hi everyone

Was hoping if someone can give me some advice?

I married my Tunisian husband in 2094, he then came to uk where he was eventually granted his citizenship ship.

To cut a long story short I found out he as having an affair early 2013 (for 4years!!), then finally left him august 2013.

I moved out while he was in Tunisia, rented house in my name and I in affect made him homeless on his return. As far as I know he has not come back here and nor returned to his job. I want to start divorce proceedings but as his parents moved just before we split I don't have there new address to serve the papers too.

Does anyone know how I check if he has started divorce proceedings in Tunisia (he doesn't gave my address either) or if I contact the Tunisian embassy in London will they be able to disclose and address or forward on documents presuming he has an up to date citizens card that is.

Many thanks
what about his adress in the uk ?i mean his last adress!

Sinead79

what about his adress in the uk ?i mean his last adress!
That was where we last lived together i ended the tenancy as it was in my name while he was in Tunisia for 3 weeks so he was unable to return there. Suppose I could give that to the court and they could try and contact him there which obviously would be returned in opened

DARK ANGEL

That was where we last lived together i ended the tenancy as it was in my name while he was in Tunisia for 3 weeks so he was unable to return there. Suppose I could give that to the court and they could try and contact him there which obviously would be returned in opened
yes try ,why u don't use facb to check any details about him or his friends ? are u sure he don't start the divorce first in Tunisia ?

Sinead79

yes try ,why u don't use facb to check any details about him or his friends ? are u sure he don't start the divorce first in Tunisia ?
No idea how I would find that out. Someone said to get a copy of his birth certificate but I'm not returning to Tunisia for that and don't know anyone who could do it for me :/

DARK ANGEL

No idea how I would find that out. Someone said to get a copy of his birth certificate but I'm not returning to Tunisia for that and don't know anyone who could do it for me :/
he don't have a facb account , his sisters or brothers ? u must search i am pretty sure u can find ! what about his old collogues ?

Sinead79

he don't have a facb account , his sisters or brothers ? u must search i am pretty sure u can find ! what about his old collogues ?
Yeah he had one but I have blocked him and very reluctant to contact him via there as he will hound me.

His brother in LSD who speaks good English and is a headmaster so you would presume quite sensible is on Facebook so I was gonna try sending him a message

Jellycat

you could use your ex's Facebook to get info you need by unblocking him and then just block him again

DARK ANGEL

use all ur arms hun :) good luck

Aysha

Hey Hun is he in Tunisia? at the moment? what city is he from in Tunisia?

My hubby is a copper I can ask him for advice if you want for what the best way would be to track his address down in Tunisia?

Jane BM

Hey Hun is he in Tunisia? at the moment? what city is he from in Tunisia?

My hubby is a copper I can ask him for advice if you want for what the best way would be to track his address down in Tunisia?
You're going to be keeping your husband busy....lol...he's going to rue the day you joined here...xx

kassie

Sinead79.....
I can empethize completely! This is no easy task and I write this KNOWING I am being "watched" lol ...."(hello you....hahahahahah)" :lurking:
You just have to "explore" every avenue open to you and if you want to PM me....I don't know how this is done....I will talk with you! Good luck! We all need some. Take care.

xxxxx

lettylou

Hi all, hoping someone can help me I've had a quick look through threads to find the answer but there's so many to read. So basically me and my husband r getting divorced, his sister is a lawyer so we are getting divorced in tunisia, I have had my power of attorney forms done so she will represent me in court there so I don't have to go, my question is once it's done is it a case of getting the papers translated to English and then I use them here and it's all ok, or does it have to be registered with the British embassy there to be valid here? Another question if he has his ilr and is planning on staying here but I think that he married me just to get here is there anyway of getting it revoked and him sent back to tunisia or once they have their ilr they can stay here as they please? Thanks

Scottochott

Another cautionary tale for those embarking on a new relationship. Yes I know some can work, but unfortunately this is an example which is all too common. Sorry Lettylou others will have more knowledge than me, but I would reconsider letting your husband's sister represent your interests, as I have no doubt she will be looking after her brother's first!

Essem

Staff member
Why did you decide to have his sister represet you in the divorce? IMO big mistake - you should to have an independent lawyer represent you.

Are you divorcing him, he you or is it a mutual decision? Were you married in Tunisia?

When did he get his ILR?

Jellycat

You can't can't get ILR revoked just because the relationship has ended