Divorce help

Rosewater

Hello guys.

I have a U.S friend who was married to a tunisian citizen, she is now in the U.S and wants to divorce her husband ,how she gonna do that? she was married in tunisia.
also how to know if her husband has divroced her behind her back? i assume she can get his birth certificate huh? help please
ASAP

Last edited:

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys.

I have a U.S friend who was married to a Tunisian citizen, she is now in the U.S and wants to divorce her husband ,how she gonna do that? she was married in Tunisia.
also how to know if her husband has divorced her behind her back? i assume she can get his birth certificate huh? help please
ASAP
Well for the first part instruct a lawyer in Tunisia and start proceedings.

For the second if you have a contact in Tunisia send them to the administration and get them to pull a copy of his birth certificate and details should be there. You can call Ramzi D and he can do this for you and then translate it/send it over.

The third part is what you do if he has........ I would then get a Tunisian lawyer to get the confirmation of the divorce in Tunisia just in case you need it later.

You may think hey why bother but why would you want loose ends which may cause some unforeseen issue later.

Rosewater

Well for the first part instruct a lawyer in Tunisia and start proceedings.

For the second if you have a contact in Tunisia send them to the administration and get them to pull a copy of his birth certificate and details should be there. You can call Ramzi D and he can do this for you and then translate it/send it over.

The third part is what you do if he has........ I would then get a Tunisian lawyer to get the confirmation of the divorce in Tunisia just in case you need it later.

You may think hey why bother but why would you want loose ends which may cause some unforeseen issue later.
i dont really know anything about this , she is single in the U.S thats a good thing but how to know if her husband divorced her not? can her divorce her easily behind her without her knowledge or her consent ?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
i dont really know anything about this , she is single in the U.S thats a good thing but how to know if her husband divorced her not? can her divorce her easily behind her without her knowledge or her consent ?
Unless the law has changed then he can.

he just gives a fake address and then papers then never get there and after a period the divorce is granted.

Some ladies have been divorced in Tunisia > their ex remarried > and then still carried on without knowing and giving money.

However a quick visit to the town hall and requesting a copy of the mans birth certificate will show you their status.