Divorcing in Tunisia

Louise1983

Hi can someone tell me my friend is marrying a Tunisian man next April but he is already married he says he has to wait till November to get a divorce he got married feb 2013, Can this be true ?

Jane BM

Hi can someone tell me my friend is marrying a Tunisian man next April but he is already married he says he has to wait till November to get a divorce he got married feb 2013, Can this be true ?
Is his 'ex wife' Tunisian? There's a simple way of finding out if he's married or not and that's to get a copy of his birth certificate. Your friend can request this for a small amount of money as long as she has his details, DOB, place of birth etc.

mrsmannai

if e is already maried, ow your friend can be with him ?? he got married just ovr a year ago, and already wanna divorce ?? i think your friend needs to find out more than just when he can have his divorce .......

Louise1983

No his wife is from Czech, he's told her he's married but can't divorce till November, he said he made a mistake with her

mrsmannai

No his wife is from Czech, he's told her he's married but can't divorce till November, he said he made a mistake with her
tht means he will have to pay for his wifes divorce in tunisia, or she will come there to sign the papers together with him, try to find out what the "mistake " was, maybe the chech did find out something about him, and dont wanna egister the marriage in her country, which means he will not obtain te chance to go out of tunisia, and maybe need your friend for that reason. i am not saying this is the case, just be aware of it. when this is said, the best of luck, and god bless

Louise1983

Is there not a way he can divorce her without her present and would it take that long?

Essem

Staff member

'A fool's excuse is always bigger than the mistake he made.'

Sounds like his Czech wife made an even bigger mistake.

How does your friend know that he is actually married to the Czech woman - has she seen proof of this? It could very possibly be a line he is using.

mrsmannai

Is there not a way he can divorce her without her present and would it take that long?

honestely, i am not the right person to answer this alot, cuz i do not have te proper knowledge. wait to see if anyone else will answer you about this, if not i am sure from whatever country you r from, make a call to the tunisian embassy, and ask for this. as far as my knowledge, he can divorce her anytime, but a divorce will cost. but as earlier said, please wait for someone else to answer.

Essem

Staff member
Yes there is and many have done it leaving a trail of financially and emotionally devastated women behind. But now that would be really sneaky. Are you suggesting that's what he should do and behind her back?

What exactly is the urgency that he gets a divorce quickly? Is your friend pregnant? Is he that good a catch?

Jane BM

Yes and very often they do!! They give a make believe address for their wives who live abroad, 3 letters I think are sent to her from the courts, then if she doesn't respond (which she won't if she's never received them!) he is then granted a divorce in her absence.

What was the mistake? Do you know? I'm assuming he never got a visa then and got out of Tunisia...do you think this could possibly be his 'mistake'?

If it was my friend, I know what I'd be telling her....to run in the opposite direction!

DARK ANGEL

WHY your friend want to marry this kind of man , he is married ?i think she need to save her self before embarking on a problem , maybe if she marry him (hope no) she will have the same end ! By the way , he said November , date of getting his divorce , because soon all the court will be close, holidays ,maybe he is talking about the new judicial year !

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
As with all such information it can be found at the court.

If you contact ramzi (ad on front of the website) he works with a lawyer and for a fair price find out this information for you, pull off and translate documents and certificates from the beledea.

The funniest situation though is when the husbands don't even have the name they give their girlfriends to prevent this.

Trulymadlydeeply

If she is your friend Louise I would be taking her by the hand and running in the opposite direction if this man. What on earth is the attraction?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

Trulymadlydeeply

That I doubt very much!!! ;)

ROULLA

Hi Louisa, just noticed that you have created 2 threads with the same kind of Title, just wondered if you could not find it.
http://www.tunisia.com/threads/divorce-help.10226/

This was my reply to you yesterday on the other thread which is called (Divorce help)

Hi Louise and welcome to the forum!
I think that he is pulling his wife and his girlfriends legs if you ask me, what kind of man gets married in 2013 and then wants a divorce in November 2014. Bearing in mind that he has been having a relationship with your friend in that time, I would advice your friend to get rid of him before its too late, it will save her a lot of money and heartache at the end of the day.

ROULLA

How can he have made a mistake, its not even a year down the line. Its not like he bought a pair of shoes and wants a refund, he must be very desperate to get out of Tunisia if you ask me.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
We assume mistake means she was nasty/they did not get along/etc

it may also mean she is not as rich as she said/does not own her house/ I cannot get visa under her sponsorship

ROULLA

We assume mistake means she was nasty/they did not get along/etc

it may also mean she is not as rich as she said/does not own her house/ I cannot get visa under her sponsorship
Maybe he realized that he no longer wanted to go to the Czech republic:rolleyes: and had a better offer somewhere else like the UK;) I reckon that he must have been sitting there converting dinars to the Koruna and realized that you get just a little more to the pound;), which made him realize that he had made a mistake:p