Djerba with children?

Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Djerba for the first time in July with our 19 month old daughter I was wondering how child friendly Tunisia is? something i guess i should of asked before booking!
We are staying in the Sentido hotel.

Essem

Staff member
Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Djerba for the first time in July with our 19 month old daughter I was wondering how child friendly Tunisia is? something i guess i should of asked before booking!
We are staying in the Sentido hotel.
Welcome to the forum Firsttime2tunisia.

Tunisia, overall, is very child friendly.

I'm in Djerba at the moment (Green Palm Golf & Spa) and it's round 26 degrees today although slightly lower temps forecast for the rest of the week but in July the temps will be mid to high 40's - lots of high factor and sunblock for your daughter.

Happy posting and have a great holiday. Let us know how it goes and what you think of the hotel.

Scottochott

I echo Essem's thoughts, it is a great place for kids, you'll find they're welcome everywhere. Be very careful of the heat in July though, it could easily hit 50 some days here.

We arrived for a few days yesterday, so check in over the next few days for more photos and info.

By the way, are you flying to Djerba directly from the uk? If so from where?

Thanks for the replies, we are aware that it is going to be hot and will take your advice on plenty of sunblock. last year we went to Cape Verde and we were up so early with our daughter that we were in the pool at 7am so by the time it got to mid day sun we were all done in and just went inside the hotel and enjoyed the indoor facilities.

we are flying direct from London gatwick.

Jasmine

Welcome to the forum :)

Bottled water is a must (if you are using formula or not) be careful as you would anywhere else with ice cubes, salads etc.. Take some Immodium and Re-hydrating sachets for little one.

We were in Tunisia in summer last 2 years and my little one (almost 2 now) was naggy but soon adapted. She didnt wear much more than a vest/t-shirt. Enjoy your trip, and dont forget to come back on and let us all know how you get on. :)