Do I have to take my husband's name?

scotty_bambam

Hi,
Will it go against my husbands visa application if I keep my own name? He seems to think it will,but I hadn't even thought about it,and hadn't read anything else about it.I thought I might at some point further down the line,but there's so much involved..passport ,tax ,bank etc..that JM really in no hurry.

Essem

Staff member
One of my friends is married to a Tunisian who is now living in the UK and she didn't take his name.

kalie

Hi,
Will it go against my husbands visa application if I keep my own name? He seems to think it will,but I hadn't even thought about it,and hadn't read anything else about it.I thought I might at some point further down the line,but there's so much involved..passport ,tax ,bank etc..that JM really in no hurry.
I was thinking the same thing myself x

Jane BM

Nope makes no difference at all...a lot of my documents are still in my previous name, including my passport.

Selmi

I haven't changed my name

Saule

Does not make a difference at all.

I have not changed mine.And we have received an answer for the visa after couple weeks. Your name on the marriage certificate and other documents will match, so there is no need to change, just too much hassle if you do decide to do it.

scotty_bambam

Thank you everyone.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
My wife has not taken mine.

Makes things simpler just pop the ring off in case a Rich handsome younger Tunisian model comes along.

Trulymadlydeeply

Especially as mine translated incorrectly!! So even though I did take his name it is different to his... :-(

sass

I'm not changing mine, it's not their tradition to do so so why should we;)