Does anyone know how to deal with Love Rats/Players/Losers/Bezness boys

N

NIEZ

hi there
i can see why you want to defend your country, but people do generalise because we dont know everybody from every country or culture
we read things and see things and sometimes that leads to the wrong idea forming in peoples heads
take the scots ok i am one
but we all know that the general pic of a scot is a kilt wearing ginger haired beared whiskey drinking person that is tight with his money
in truth it is so far off the mark but what do we scots do lol we make fun of it
also i heard something the other night and thought mmmm aye that could be right
a friend of mine from the west indies said "yes you bloody scots could you not keep it in your pants lol you and the bloody irish i think you populated the world"
i laughed and thought yes i suppose u got a point
people will reflect on those they meet so if you meet a nice pleasent person thats friendly and a local you come away with 1 opinion
and like wise if the only people you meet is the "rat" then your opinion will be skewed that way
as i have said before if people go out to any country educated then ok
but those and yes its their fault, cause they go on holiday thinking its costa brava but cheaper they see sun sea and ***, but thats a problem that european woman have to face because they are to loose with their morals (god i will get shot for that lol but its true from going topless to having *** )
but the ones that get caught through no fault of their own i feel for
all the best
the highlander
hi highlander

is true that you got your ideas from your own experience and that your experience as a tourist will be maybe with love rats but what BM and me is trying to do is to show that they are only a minority and they do not represent the Tunisians in generality. what they are doing is pushed buy them sick souls and some ignorance in them minds;

so if we do not defend our country on here and show the truth all what you are going to get is effectuate picture of a part of the truth but not the perfect picture.

anyway welcome back highlander nice to see you around:)

the highlander

hi neiz
yes i understand what you and bm are saying, and pls defend away its your right
but unfortunatly most visitors only see the tourist parts, again thats a failing on their part, but as i said before my friend went to tunisia all the brouchure warned tourists not to go out alone at night and to stay in or near the complex
seeing the world and expeiriencing other cultures is a way and a great way to educate yourself
but you really have to get off the beaten track and away from the tourists.
my 1st time in spain lol yes spain i was asked "well what do you think"
my reply was its so faulse cause there is nothing but scrub land from airport untill u reach the resort then its all big hotels and bright lights , clubs , bars and the like
when you read about tunisia and other countries its usually the holiday maker that has left comments and its 99% of the time about the hotels the animation teams and the food
only occasionally do you get people saying get away from the tourist bits and meet the real people of the country
and that goes for tunisia or any country
thanks for the welcome back
just a wee short visit as am still fighting for my job
next strike friday
the highlander

N

NIEZ

hi neiz
but unfortunatly most visitors only see the tourist parts, again thats a failing on their part, but as i said before my friend went to tunisia all the brouchure warned tourists not to go out alone at night and to stay in or near the complex
seeing the world and expeiriencing other cultures is a way and a great way to educate yourself
my reply was its so faulse cause there is nothing but scrub land from airport untill u reach the resort then its all big hotels and bright lights , clubs , bars and the like
when you read about tunisia and other countries its usually the holiday maker that has left comments and its 99% of the time about the hotels the animation teams and the food
only occasionally do you get people saying get away from the tourist bits and meet the real people of the country
next strike friday
the highlander
good luck man with your job fight we are all fighting for the same thing i guess:D:D

N

nela

Are you telling me that your friend actually bought the watch from that guy?????????????

N

NIEZ

are you telling me that your friend actually bought the watch from that guy?????????????
yes he did well actually he s free to do what he want i cant tell him to do not buy it all what my friend care is that he had a good watch for a nice price:)

N

nela

yes he did well actually he s free to do what he want i cant tell him to do not buy it all what my friend care is that he had a good watch for a nice price:)
ok thats all I wanted to know...;)

N

nela

Aljaye if some body grow into a family who respect moral so he will not lose them wherever he go.[/QUOTE]
OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG you will never learn Niez....I wish you can take off your rose tinted or pink glasses sometimes and leave your bloody honour, family respect away........

Essem

Staff member
On a sidenote - did you ever thought about the percentage of the GDP of Tunisia that is made up of those "presents"?
And it is, of course, in now way special to Tunisia, it is the same in Maroc, Egypt, Senegal and other countries.

It seems to me to be a sort of wealth transfer, the Robin Hood way ... although, Hood probably had more "socially honorable" motives.
When someone robs me I like prefer them to use a gun!

Mezoo

VIP Member
I go sit at tunis airport sometimes too niez. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

skele

Yes, I do generalize because I came to understand that it is a general and not an isolated problem.
You are living in an ivory tower of good family and good education, most probably in the very north of the country, but the people we are talking about here have nothing in common with you, except the nationality. You too need to open your eyes to what is going on in certain parts of the society and with certain groups of people.

Incredibly patronising.You need to differentiate between "the" tunisian as a whole and "the" tunisian that the average tourist meets and hooks up with. We do not talk about the most honorable farmer who lives 20 miles short of the end of the world, but about people who are attracted by wealth and glitter of the tourist business and want to bite out a big chunk of that.

Are all farmers honourable and all city dwellers bad people?
To be understood right - I do not even blame them, I actually even know some high class bezness people very well and enjoy sitting down with them for a talk.

You don't blame them?
Yes it is always fascinating to talk to people with different cultures/religions/lifestyles/opinions but.....if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. I am very open minded and not remotely judgemental but certainly wouldn't want to befriend people who prey on the vulnerable.

I am not one of those who say "put them all into jail" or "hang them high". What I do is to try to raise the awareness of people who are dealing with them, to point out different perspectives and views, so that they can face them at a more or less adequate level. And when they are at such a level, it does not concern me the least what they will do then, because they are all adults and what they do, they do by their free will.

And, btw, those "bezness" people know how I (and others who are active with this topic) think and they do not object at all, they rather say "even better when the Europeans knew, because then it wouldn't be shooting a sitting duck, but more of a challenge".
So nice to know that they don't object and they like you to educate people so that it's more sporting for them...jeez!

aljaye

hi neiz
next strike friday
the highlander
They were advised not to go out alone at night and stay near the resort? And the thought never spring to mind that this is the holiday companies way of keeping the expenditure in the "right" place and not let any of it get to the locals?
That makes me mad as I walked alone at night to meet my BF (early hours of the morning) and yes you get some cheeky lads, but once you say back off they do..and believe me Id think twice before walking the streets of Cardiff, Brum or Glasgow at two in the morning on a Saturday.!!

Just think there was no one unable to walk in a straight line or throwing up in the gutter...or fighting over some drunken girl in a skirt that only just covered her underwear

And if a woman loses her morals by going topless then maybe MEN should stop buying the Sun newspaper and making people like Jordan celebrities..

aljaye

a personal present or a memory item? I am not so sure that many people would do that, no matter how bad their situation is. But then again, I have heard of people selling their marriage ring...
Yes. When I was with my ex and he wasnt working (again) and my son was a baby and needed clothes I sold the Pelham Puppets my father had bought me for far less than they were worth. My father died when I was 23. So there are times when you have to do whatever it takes

Trulymadlydeeply

hi there
i can see why you want to defend your country, but people do generalise because we dont know everybody from every country or culture
we read things and see things and sometimes that leads to the wrong idea forming in peoples heads
take the scots ok i am one
but we all know that the general pic of a scot is a kilt wearing ginger haired beared whiskey drinking person that is tight with his money
in truth it is so far off the mark but what do we scots do lol we make fun of it
also i heard something the other night and thought mmmm aye that could be right
a friend of mine from the west indies said "yes you bloody scots could you not keep it in your pants lol you and the bloody irish i think you populated the world"
i laughed and thought yes i suppose u got a point
people will reflect on those they meet so if you meet a nice pleasent person thats friendly and a local you come away with 1 opinion
and like wise if the only people you meet is the "rat" then your opinion will be skewed that way
as i have said before if people go out to any country educated then ok
but those and yes its their fault, cause they go on holiday thinking its costa brava but cheaper they see sun sea and ***, but thats a problem that european woman have to face because they are to loose with their morals (god i will get shot for that lol but its true from going topless to having *** )
but the ones that get caught through no fault of their own i feel for
all the best
the highlander
hi hairy nice to have you back :)
I was most defo not looking for any kind of relationship when I went back in 1995!!!! My morals were kept tucked in my passport when I arrived and when i left:D my now EX said he kept in touch as I was the 1st "tourist" to say NO :eek:

babsi

Nela and Bobby

I don't know if I'm happy as I was'nt sure what to expect, and my feelings for him are so mixed up. Maybe things will be clearer in the future, we will remain in touch with each other so maybe things will develop...who knows.

I've put a post on regards the scan. I have said I don't want to know the *** of the baby until it's born, I'm thinking I would rather have the nice supprise. It does'nt matter either way to me, but I have a feeling it's a girl.

Black Mamba

I don't know if I'm happy as I was'nt sure what to expect, and my feelings for him are so mixed up. Maybe things will be clearer in the future, we will remain in touch with each other so maybe things will develop...who knows.

I've put a post on regards the scan. I have said I don't want to know the *** of the baby until it's born, I'm thinking I would rather have the nice supprise. It does'nt matter either way to me, but I have a feeling it's a girl.
As long as the baby is healthy, nothing matters, it's going to fine darling, we're all here for you xx:)

maria1

I find this very sad, for both the young man (young men) and the older ladies that are feeling that they are in love with them (buying them?) I understand the need to remove oneself from a situation one doesnt like e.g. the young man/men, but to feel that they have to lie and cheat to a woman, probably a vulnerable lonely woman, is so very sad,. Why these older women fall for this i will never fully understand, and yes of course there are genuine people, and yes of course with real love age difference makes very little difference! but we are not talking true love here, we are talking desperation, possibly on both sides. I cannot see where this can lead to happiness for either of them. Older women cannot provide a family, younger men would likely want a family. There is so much that can go wrong, so much against this sort of relationship, the biggest negative factor is that there is no real love between these couples, maybe so for the older woman, or she is manipulated into thinking she is in love, but its pretty obvious that a good looking young guy is choosing older women for a reason and not necessarily for true love. Oh the lies. I am not against any relationship that has an age difference, just against those that are not true, not real, not right. Having said that, I am an older woman and i could never put myself to a younger man, I am happily married to a man of my own age, but even if i were alone, i would not put my old tired body to that of a young man, i would not put my old tired mind to that of a young man, i cannot see what i would have in common, save a desperation, and being desperate certainly doesnt guarrantee happiness. Oh so sad and such a shame for all those involved in these relationships, i hope so much for them that they can find a happiness.

maria1

I wish you all the best Babsi, for you and your baby for the future, you are very brave
Good luck

babsi

I agree with a lot you say maria, I went to Tunisia with my friends the last thing on my mind was a relationship. The man I got swept off my feet by is 10yrs younger than me, has a good job is kind and generous never asked anything of me and would get a bit cross if I wanted to pay for anything when we were out together....Why do I hesitate about a future with him, even when having his child. I don't know!! it just comes back to 10 yrs age gap.. why would he want to be with me when he is an attractive young man and could have someone his own age. I know this is stupid to feel this way as 10 yrs is nothing really, but it's a problem for me that I need to get over in my own head. He can't understand my feeling like this and says he knew he would love me 10 minutes after talking with me. Oh to have that certainty in life.:)

maria1

Oh what a shame for you, how unfortunate. The best bit was that your new family cared mainly about you, how nice
Good luck and best wishes

maria1

love rats continued

I tried to post a quick reply, but it seems to have got lost.
I think it is very very sad thatthee are such desperate peole out there, desperate for whatever are their reasons, to lie and cheat and get into a position that they THINK OR BELIEVE will be better for them. Okay we all want to try to better ourselves, all want to try and get out from a negative situation, but for young men to believe that by lying and cheating and manipulating a woman, he will bring about his own happiness. He wont, it cant happen, when things are not right, not genuine, it cant bring about happiness, it may well bring about change, and perhaps thats all these young guys are looking for, change and a chance to move on. This then is very sad for the women that they use, and yes, i realise its mainly the older women. Again perhaps a bit of desperation, time on their hands, lonely, a little money to spend, VULNERABLE. Surely common sense should come into the arena. I see nothing wrong with age difference, whatever the ***, orientation, class, race, religion, culture, all of these taboos can be overcome if two peole genuinely love each other. This is the crux of the matter, although we all have reasons, only real love true love enuine love will work. Why cant people see that? Its so sad and many people, especially the women end up getting hurt and back to being lonely with little money, lots of time and low self esteem.