Does anyone know how to deal with Love Rats/Players/Losers/Bezness boys

Trulymadlydeeply

Lynn ultimately it is your decision although having said that if he reads/has read this he may very well end it anyways....

Gabriel, sorry but why if he was that bad that it had not only affected his mood but his appearance too could he not take himself off to the doctors?? Especially as he knew you were going all the way to see him?? Another "feel sorry for me" syndrome by the sounds of it :(

Essem

Staff member
So yesterday morning in Sousse was like a ghost town! Not many people about and one coffee shop open.

First guy said to my friend that he remembered her from the hotel in Sousse she stayed in last year and asked couldn't she remember him? She asked which hotel and he named one and she took great delight in telling him that she'd never stayed in a hotel in Sousse - (she has her own house here and had done for 9 years!).

Second one stopped us in the street and asked if I remembered him when I did the parachuting last year in Sousse - now I've done the parachuting 3 times already but more than 7 years ago and along in PEK)

So maybe not bezness lines but desperation is setting in for some of these folks if they are resorting to this kind of stuff again. Of course it went on before 'I am the waiter/chef./barman from your hotel' etc and if you were naive enough to fall fo it, you had your own personal 'guide' for a week or two!!

gabriel612

Lynn ultimately it is your decision although having said that if he reads/has read this he may very well end it anyways....

Gabriel, sorry but why if he was that bad that it had not only affected his mood but his appearance too could he not take himself off to the doctors?? Especially as he knew you were going all the way to see him?? Another "feel sorry for me" syndrome by the sounds of it :(
It wasnt just his mood or appearance that was affected it was also a physical thing. I dont know which happened first the physical thing then the depression or vice versa. I work with mental health, and they don't think they have a problem.

He hates to be without work but he was finished due to the lack of tourists, after the revolution started. I went with him to see his boss and he still hasn't enough work to take him back and he tried other places all saying the same. He lost his last job and said next time he would never stop working no matter what. Then he was finished. The long term staff working there are taking turns working a month each so as to share the work. He was last in so first out.

yes he should have gone to see the doctor before I came, but it wasn't something easy for any man to admit to and it was his decision to go to the doctor not mine, maybe he thought he would be ok when I was there, but he wasn't and he had to tell me. I was quite proud that he could sit with me and discuss it so openly. He had to see a lady doctor and that must have been difficult for him, I just went along with him for support. I saw the meds and read what they were for, and he couldn't wait to start taking them. I don't think any man would go so far just to make you feel sorry for them.

And omg have you ever seen an English man with a cold (man flu)...lol talk about looking for sympathy.

Trulymadlydeeply

Its an awful situation that some people are finding themselves in what with the lack of work after the revolution, I admire the staff that are working a month each to share what is there.

I have first knowledge of TN men that have gone a hell of a lot further than that for the sympathy vote. If you work with mental health you will know that it would be very rare for meds to kick in after 3 days??!! I cannot and am not judging your situation as I don't know either of you, but seems pretty strange to me.. I hope he is doing well and finds employment soon.

Marie1959

Tune men will go to many depths to get what they want and can you illness for theirselves or family members as we all have read on here. My hubby hates to go to the doctor because he says they do nothing just give Panadol pmsl but some will be ill and some will need the reassurance of people to go I know I have over the years with somethings. Boredom and low self esteem from not having employment is the same for them here as it is there and the childish feel sorry for me behaviour is also the same its just the Tune mentality as Mel always states lol. I wait to see how my hubby changes now he has just managed to find work and I am hoping it will get better I have enough with one child in the house I didnt sign up for 2 xxxx

MellieC

marie, im glad hubby has found work.

I know that for those who finding work has taken a while, they have been halfway to crazy, and taking all the cultural changes in a different country too, they do not cope well with stuff at all.

I am frequently accused of being anti-tune lol no im antil a lot of things, and when tune men display those things im anti it lol
just the same as i am with anyone from anywhere ~ back to the THIS IS A TUNE forum, unlikely that we will be discussing greek men or US men or indian men etc

i was chatting to a young guy last night, here at the adventure centre, he lived in saudi for 5 years, he was talking about different things, but some things he said were JUST AS MUCH FACT for the saudi's as it is for the tunes!

the truth is always the truth, it may not be nice, but its factual and its truth ~ he has seen just as much lack of personal responsibility, drama etc and of course Saudi is much stricter on many things but much underlying thinking is the same!

Marie1959

Thanks Mel hun yes I am glad too lol hoping he will be a much easier person to live with now but hey thats no sure thing xxxxx

Dinna

Haha, love this thread :D
"I tried to kill myself before. I'm just so fed up!" *crying with no tears*
"This life is so hard, I only make 100 dinar a month".. *waiting for a response*
And when you're talking about coming to visit him, "Okay baby, that is good, but tell me when before you buy the ticket, okay?"

Sigh...

caveatemptor

In view of all the recent posts regarding cheating Tunisian men why not help save future heartache by profiling the perfect "visa seeker". It would need all those women who have suffered at the hands of these cheats to be honest in their replies. Please supply the following information on the cheats.
Where were they born.
Where did you meet.
What is their job, if any.
Do they have their own accommodation.
Can they afford to keep you in Tunisia at a European standard.
Age gap.
Did they ask for money/phone/computer.

Any other questions relevant would be welcome to be able to build up a profile.
Please no replies from those that are happily married, good luck to you.

MellieC

ROTFLMFAO

I wondered when you would appear lol

i love the check list lol

maybe we could think of things to add it it like "how many times have you caught him out in a lie, or something he said just did not seem right, BUT he (and friends family etc) INSIST its true!!

annh

Ha, in Sousse there is a 'professional' - bit older man, often wears a shirt with pink and white squares. He starts to talk (and sticks to)every tourist that passes along the seafront. he's mostly in the area of the horses. When we were there 3 months this spring we answered him a few times in Arabic. Had never such a great laugh. In the end we could see him walking up to us and then he was near he recognized us and turned again :))))))))))))))))))))

lainie

i feel an excel spreadsheet coming on

how many dead grannies?
how many phoned dropped in water?
number of times phone off for days on end?

i could go on and on .....

MellieC

some of these guys just don't know how to "play" that game at all!!!

I guess they are "desperate" with the tourist situation being lower, but if they are going to "work" the tourists they at least need to know how to do it right?

the "network" should consist of at least 4 people, all who get a "cut", 5 if you include a policeman!

ah well good old days are gone and as there was not much good about them lets hope the future gets brighter!

Essem

Staff member
Haha, love this thread :D
"I tried to kill myself before. I'm just so fed up!" *crying with no tears*
"This life is so hard, I only make 100 dinar a month".. *waiting for a response*
And when you're talking about coming to visit him, "Okay baby, that is good, but tell me when before you buy the ticket, okay?"

Sigh...
One friend here says they cry like they pee!

sheema

Definitely in mature, and controlling behavior!!! I had to tell my Tunisian man I wasn't putting up with him watching my every move...he never called me a ***** (unless in a joking way when we are messing around) I am very tough when it comes to men from my bad experiences as I won't put up with the crap that I put up with when I was in my twenties, I told him that if he has to know my every move and what I am doing every second then he doesn't trust me and I won't put up with it, he has changed dramatically.

sheema

there are a few on this forum lynn, who are victims of DOMESTIC ABUSE, from the verbal to the almost beaten to death ~ and very few will admit it, but they are sitting there right now reading this and hiding thier bruises!

pretending everything is wonderful, one day they will walk away from their desperation to cling to him, but tis unlikely to be today ~

you have the chance NOT to join them, wondering when hes next going to show how big a "man" he is, when you will feel the tension in the air and "know" its about to expolde again ~

you are re-thinking the situati

easy for any of us to say yeah have a re-think, but moreso think about why YOU want this guy? what NEED in you is driving you to accept this?

if hes "CONTROLLING" NOW, from afar, what DO YOU think life would be like if HE were in the UK?

do you think that is the best that you can do? that hes the only guy that is out there?

hes a tweeny ****!

as always, its your choice and will be supported, but i hope for YOUR emotional, mental and physical health that you

find the strength to say goodbye to him!

OMG...nearly beaten to death, seriously if my man ever raised his hand to me his is running for his life (my Irish blood lol) I would kick his ass!!

sheema

HE IS a tweeny ****! ANY "man" who behaves this way and worse is a tweeny ****, hes NO MAN, hes SCUM!

and lynn says he reads here ~ I WILL keep provoking him ~ whats he going to do? talk to lynn like **** on his shoe?

he does that anyway, is he "man" enough to try it here?

come on tweeny **** ~ step up to the plate!!!

OH ahahahaha sooo funny lol i have read this 3 times

Dinna

Makes sense too Essem haha :)

lainie

reminds me of the old scottish saying:

"his eyes are too near his bladder!"
LOL

C

Cas

Good one Lainie.....