douz

elly88

Im getting confusing information about the date of the sahara festival 2007 in Douz. Please tell me the right date?

kellyc

Hi

Hi Ya,

I think it starts on Thursday the 8th November - Sunday 11th November.

elly88

so strange...

Wow, november? All the others said december. Only the days varied. The Tunesian travelagency in Amsterdam said 26-29 december.

kellyc

Yep

Yep seems so, cant be 100% sure as hubby 2 be said it was Nov, if you have a look on the internet it is saying the same dates but I know what you mean about some saying December!

elly88

hope

Well, I do hope there is something nice to go to at the end of december as that's when I'm planning to go to Tunisia. Do you happen to know about some nice sportsevent or so (preferably handball) or festival around Tunis? And are there any horse- or dograces or something like that?

ninikins

Not sure if there are any at all to be honest but I am sure that the Internet can tell you more.

sammohanty

What is the Sahara festival?

kellyc

Hi

Hi ya,

'The Sahara Festival was originally a Bedouin marriage market, in addition to the age-old rituals of searching for a partner, the festival also includes a lively mix of traditional music, dance, camel and greyhound racing, storytelling and great banquets. Situated in the heart of Tunisia, Douz is the last major oasis town before entering the vast sandy expanses of the Sahara'

For more info - Office National du Tourisme Tunisien (ONTT)
1 Avenue Mohamed V
Tunis
Tunisia

Tel +216 (0)1 371 044
Email [email protected]

Website www.tourismtunisia.com

I was hoping to get there this year to see this but with so much happening at the moment looks like it will be next time :(

Essem

Staff member
I went to Douz for the day when I stayed at Nefta and I just thought it was amazing! It was like looking at a sea of sand. I would like to stay in Douz the next time I visit. Has anyone stayed in any of the hotels there?