Driving in tunisa

Mr Brian Smith

When in Tunisia would I be able to hire a car or motorbike and drive on a British driving licence. And would I need any special insurance to do so. thanks in advance.

Selmi

When in Tunisia would I be able to hire a car or motorbike and drive on a British driving licence. And would I need any special insurance to do so. thanks in advance.
Yes you can hire a car either prior to arriving in Tunisia via your holiday company or a reputable car hire agent, or wait until you arrive in resort although, the summer months get extremely busy, and you could end up disappointed. Like wise lots of outlets for the hire of vespa scooters.
Personally if you haven’t driven in Tunisia before best to hire a car with driver or, one of the tourist(white) taxi’s which are inexpensive.
Driving in and around Tunisia is an experience and best left to those who are confident and familiar not only with the roads, but random pedestrians/cyclists/animals and just about everything else no rules and regulations like here or Europe.

Mr Brian Smith

thank that's a great help just out of interest is there place to hire pushbikes from.

Selmi

I personally haven’t seen any outlets that hire pushbikes out however, in the tourist area’s one can hire tandem fun style bikes that house 2 to 4 persons.

Mr Brian Smith

Thanks that's a great help.