Driving license

Need to change to Tunisian one.applied two years ago in sfax but nothing back.Any ideas welcome

Trulymadlydeeply

What license do you have a UK license? Why would you need/want a Tunisian one?

What license do you have a UK license? Why would you need/want a Tunisian one?
we have a UK one but have been told invalid after one year here.Applied for a Tunisian one in Sfax and filled in all the paperwork.Six of us but despite various visits have heard nothing else.Thanks
Greta

gem15

Ive been here 8 years and still using my UK license. I've rented cars no problem and used it on insurance here.

Essem

Staff member
I've been driving for 15 years on a UK license for both my own car and rental cars without any problems. If you've applied and heard nothing, then you've done all u can do so wouldn't stress about it.

Thanks everyone.Appreciate the replies.I think our main worry was if insurance would use as excuse not to pay out if in an accident.Will forget about it now

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm sure it's only the other way around. A Tunisian license in the UK can only be used for 1 year.

love1970

Hello and what happen afer one year ? do i need to get a uk licence ?

Jane BM

Hello and what happen afer one year ? do i need to get a uk licence ?
Yes, a Tunisian driving license is only valid for one year in the UK , then you need to have a uk one. Also the insurance is very expensive for that year on a Tunisian one.

love1970

Ok right thanks for the informations

salimlov

hi do i need to translate my tunisian driving licence to english or move to an international licence !!!!!

robynnehm

You can drive in the uk on tunisian licence for 12 months from wheb you enter... In that time you need change it, by doing English test from provisional and then to full x x hop that helps x

salimlov

You can drive in the uk on tunisian licence for 12 months from wheb you enter... In that time you need change it, by doing English test from provisional and then to full x x hop that helps x
thx for replying on my thread so that means i have nothing to change in my tunisian licence just bring it with me like it is !!

Shazza100

thx for replying on my thread so that means i have nothing to change in my tunisian licence just bring it with me like it is !!
Yes but good luck on getting insured on it. My husbands given up and is just going to take his uk test.

salimlov

Yes but good luck on getting insured on it. My husbands given up and is just going to take his uk test.
thx shazza and i wonder if i need to translate all my documents in english i have a french degree my bachelor degree

robynnehm

You are better off getting everything translated work experience, all your degree papers... is it the equivalent as doing a degree here in the uk? If not you might find it doesn't count unfortunately x x

salimlov

You are better off getting everything translated work experience, all your degree papers... is it the equivalent as doing a degree here in the uk? If not you might find it doesn't count unfortunately x x
thx for replying as far as i know my french licence does work in the uk but first i should do a year studying in the uk to make it work

salimlov

thx for replying as far as i know my french licence does work in the uk but first i should do a year studying in the uk to make it work
i forgot i created a thread yesterday no one answer it maybe because im a new member maybe and no one knows me its about collecting my visa can you answer it please if you have any idea about it thx

robynnehm

I have no idea actually lovely because we haven't got ours still waiting to hear x x x

sass

I have no idea actually lovely because we haven't got ours still waiting to hear x x x
Wishing you and Scotty all the luck in the world, it must be torture waiting, you both seem lovely, I wish you all happiness xx