Easyjet now flying to Monastir

Scottochott

If you mean Nouvelair Gem, I don't know why they should be concerned, as to the best of my knowledge they haven't flown from the UK for quite a few years. I used to fly with them when I first started going to Tunisia many years ago, but looking at their site now the nearest flights are from Paris.
They now operate a lot of the Thomson and Thomas Cook flights, not clear until you get to the airport!

gem15

They now operate a lot of the Thomson and Thomas Cook flights, not clear until you get to the airport!
I was under the impression a friend used them last year but wasn't 100% sure.

Aslemma

Yep sorry auto correct. We have a friend who works in the offices who gave the info. They are upset they weren't consulted about easyjet coming in, like it's their business anyhow. I think they were looking to start the flights coming back in.
So it sounds as though Easyjet may have pipped them at the post, which may teach them not to prevaricate so long in the future. I know EJ had been talking about this for some time, so once Tunisia opened their skies to the low-cost airlines it was inevitable that they would be first in the queue to take advantage. As a Tunisian airline, Nouvelair should pull their finger out and explore the possibility of joining the party sooner rather than later, as since BA pulled out it's only really been TC and Thomsons.

I always fly from Stansted if at all possible and for some time that's been with TC, and I've never seen them using Nouvelair planes there.

Selmi

Jet2 are operating flights plus package deals from May 2015 to Enfidha from manchester

lynn

So it sounds as though Easyjet may have pipped them at the post, which may teach them not to prevaricate so long in the future. I know EJ had been talking about this for some time, so once Tunisia opened their skies to the low-cost airlines it was inevitable that they would be first in the queue to take advantage. As a Tunisian airline, Nouvelair should pull their finger out and explore the possibility of joining the party sooner rather than later, as since BA pulled out it's only really been TC and Thomsons.

I always fly from Stansted if at all possible and for some time that's been with TC, and I've never seen them using Nouvelair planes there.
wish they went from Bristol..

marhaba

wish they went from brum cardiff or bristol :(

Aslemma

And I wish they went from Southend, but I can't see that happening for a while, though EJ does have quite a few flights to other places from there. I admit that being from the South East gives me more choice of airports than other parts of the country, as though Southend and Stansted are by far the easiest and cheapest for me to get to, neither London City, Gatwick or Heathrow are any real problem.

Last edited:

Aslemma

I remember years ago meeting friends coming into Southend airport from France (Beauvais). We were able to stand in the bar, watch their plane land, finish our drinks then walk down to meet them as they came through immigration. I also remember flying to France from London City when I worked in Lower Thames Street. I could leave work at lunchtime, walk down the road to the wharf and pick up the boat to the airport. One trip the boat was running late and the stewardess on board rang through to the airport to say "I have three gentlemen and a lady. Only the lady has baggage. Would you hold the plane?" When we arrived I asked if I had time to go to Duty Free and was firmly told "You've already booked in, you've as much time as you want." Coming back, the announcement came over the tannoy "We are landing in 15 minutes. Does anybody want a taxi booked?" Happy days.

lynn

so who is going Tunisia in March?

lynn

I am leaving on 25th x

Aslemma

At present EasyJet are only showing flights until October but I've just phoned them and they confirm they will continue throughout the winter but the schedule isn't out yet

As a bonus, I've just noticed that you can put Nectar points towards EJ flights - every little helps!!

Aslemma

EJ's new timetable is now out and Stansted to Monastir is sadly missing. :( I've contacted them via their FB page and they confirm they are flying the route until October, which I already knew. I've asked if it will be reinstated for the summer or whether they are already pulling out and will post when/if I get any further information.

Last edited: