ENFIDHA AIRPORT AND NEW EXIT STAMP

Shazza100

I thought I should warn everyone to allow a lot of time at the airport for the return now the new exit stamp has been introduced. I returned to the UK from Enfidha today and I haven't ever experience anything like it before, in Tunisia or in any other country. The queues were excessive for the stamp to be checked. They were from one side of the airport to the other. Allow plenty of time!

Jane BM

I thought I should warn everyone to allow a lot of time at the airport for the return now the new exit stamp has been introduced. I returned to the UK from Enfidha today and I haven't ever experience anything like it before, in Tunisia or in any other country. The queues were excessive for the stamp to be checked. They were from one side of the airport to the other. Allow plenty of time!
Ugh!!! :rolleyes:...why am I not surprised!! Did you find it easy enough to find the stamp at outlets/hotel etc when you were there?

oh dear...Enfidha is a great airport, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have enough manpower.....how will it cope in high season ? :hilarious:

Shazza100

Most people queuing had got the stamps at their hotels but I got mine at the airport easily. There wasn't a queue for the stamps because there were quite a few people standing around with a handful of stamps near the office that sold them. I am not sure that will be the normal situation, I think they just wanted to keep that queue down at least because the queue for security was quite amazing! Its sad in a way because I heard lots and lots of people saying they wouldn't return because of it. I could see the airport were doing their best because although the queue was very long, it was moving. They also had about 8 security people checking the passports and stamping the passport when I have only ever seen 3 at the most before, so they had put effort into it, but it also seemed excessively busy today. It felt like the height of the tourist season in Heathrow! I always allow time at the airport but I only just made it in time for boarding today so wanted to warn others.

Aslemma

Thanks for the warning Shazza. I'd anticipated there'd be a queue to get the stamps at the airport so will pick mine up at the bank but hadn't thought about the queues there'd be to check them. :( The problem is that if you've got a transfer booked as part of a package you're at the mercy of the tour operator/transfer company. I presume however that if you miss your flight due to them not getting you to the airport in time it will be up to them to sort it out and get you on another flight.

ROULLA

;)
Most people queuing had got the stamps at their hotels but I got mine at the airport easily. There wasn't a queue for the stamps because there were quite a few people standing around with a handful of stamps near the office that sold them.
Hi Shazza, hope you had a great holiday!
I am trying to visualise people standing around selling the stamps, I imagine that the money for the stamps will go in plenty of pockets rather than the pot.

Shazza100

Thanks Roulla yes I did - ha ha I thought this too as I was handing over my money...they just had rolls of stamps and cash in their hands! Although they were standing outside the office where they usually sell them. The trouble was they couldn't allow even a small queue to form for the office selling the stamps because it would have run into the back of the huge queue for the checking of the passports!

Trulymadlydeeply

Couldn't organise a pi$s up in a brewery.... :rolleyes:

Mrs H

I still don't understand their thinking with an exit visa. Why couldn't they be like any normal country and have an entry visa. Then again it is tuneland we are talking about.

gem15

I still don't understand their thinking with an exit visa. Why couldn't they be like any normal country and have an entry visa. Then again it is tuneland we are talking about.
Every thing is upside down, inside out and back to front here so it's normal. :D

Aslemma

But now they've decided to call it a Solidarity Stamp rather than a tax I'm sure we all feel much better about it. :)

Scottochott

I thought the stamps would be checked at passport control, so don't really understand the difference? Was there a separate check? I too had expected a queue for stamps, but am confused as to why checks take longer, for a resident exit stamp it takes the same time, a quick 'stick and stamp'. I have been at Enfidha during busy times and seen most booths open, still with a long queue, maybe you just hit a busy time? :confused:

Shazza100

sorry should have been clearer, it was a very busy time but the queue was from passport control booths back to ramp where they check your boarding cards intially (they were checking the stamp here too) the queue was split into two here to go to either side of the booths but going back it was one queue going along behind the queues for checking in right up to the bank counters. Perhaps it was a very busy day...there were a huge amount of thomas cook flights.

Scottochott

sorry should have been clearer, it was a very busy time but the queue was from passport control booths back to ramp where they check your boarding cards intially (they were checking the stamp here too) the queue was split into two here to go to either side of the booths but going back it was one queue going along behind the queues for checking in right up to the bank counters. Perhaps it was a very busy day...there were a huge amount of thomas cook flights.
Seen that before, very annoying but the queue usually moves quickly, it's a real wind up when you see unmanned booths and then maybe someone wanders up to open another, usually holding a coffee and smoking a ciggie, lol! :rolleyes:

I've found the entry side when your flight arrives at a busy time takes even longer, not a good welcome to the country, and if the exit side adds to the experience then it's no surprise tourists go elsewhere next time!

feefad

If a tunisian is living abroad do they have to purchase the stamp? From what I can see I don't think so. Also as they class my little one as tunisian despite no tunisian passport do we need one for her? Mixed messages from hubby's "friends" on their experiences and I like to be prepared rather than leave everything last minute at airport but at same time hate wasting money (especially here).

Mezoo

VIP Member
If a tunisian is living abroad do they have to purchase the stamp?
Not today... Just passed "customs" now. Said Nour didn't have to pay anything.

feefad

Cheers mezoo. At least I know for sure on him, I think Amira we will have to play by ear at the airport and see what they class her as. We've never got around to the passport despite them saying it to us every time we come and not gonna stress too much over 30 dinar that I was expecting to pay. Just hate giving them more after years of corruption :) hope you guys had fun.

Jane BM

Cheers mezoo. At least I know for sure on him, I think Amira we will have to play by ear at the airport and see what they class her as. We've never got around to the passport despite them saying it to us every time we come and not gonna stress too much over 30 dinar that I was expecting to pay. Just hate giving them more after years of corruption :) hope you guys had fun.
No he won't have to pay, also as your child is also classed as a Tunisian to them she shouldn't either. X