Evidence Layout for Spouse Visa

When you are gathering supporting documentation for a spouse visa, what are people using to bundle it all together how I mean?

Thank you

Saule

When you are gathering supporting documentation for a spouse visa, what are people using to bundle it all together how I mean?

Thank you
Hi Corry01,

I put all the papers in the plastic covers and used one of those strings to keep them together, but when my husband went to the embassy to submit it, they just took all the papers out of the plastic covers. So I guess it doesn't matter how you put them together, just on the safe side keep them tidy and in order.

Hi Corry01,

I put all the papers in the plastic covers and used one of those strings to keep them together, but when my husband went to the embassy to submit it, they just took all the papers out of the plastic covers. So I guess it doesn't matter how you put them together, just on the safe side keep them tidy and in order.
Ah great thank you very much for the information

Shazza100

Yep we did the same. I thought i kept it simple by using a treasury tag but they cut it and put it in their own order.just put it tidy with a elastic band maybe?

Yep we did the same. I thought i kept it simple by using a treasury tag but they cut it and put it in their own order.just put it tidy with a elastic band maybe?
That's sounds good thank you, I'm having problems with screen shotting facebook messages did you?

Shazza100

To be honest my partner did it so I am unsure but we managed to print it somehow so there must be a way.

scotty_bambam

That's sounds good thank you, I'm having problems with screen shotting facebook messages did you?
I didn't have any problems screen shorting Facebook,strangely for me as I'm not computer savvy.did you find the thing that downloads all your Facebook messages from day dot? It took a day or 2 for them to be sent.then i found they weren't in date order,so i had to manually go through every single message,screen shorting as I went.then when I had time k printed off all the screen shots.

scotty_bambam

I didn't have any problems screen shorting Facebook,strangely for me as I'm not computer savvy.did you find the thing that downloads all your Facebook messages from day dot? It took a day or 2 for them to be sent.then i found they weren't in date order,so i had to manually go through every single message,screen shorting as I went.then when I had time k printed off all the screen shots.
Flipping auto correct!!

Thank you for that useful info

I cant get to the beginning of the messages as there are thousands, if I'd of know from the beginning I would of started right away :( how many do they need as we talk morning, lunch, evening then 2/3 hours every night? Do they read your conversations or do they just want to know the dates and times you talk for regular contact?

Jane BM

I cant get to the beginning of the messages as there are thousands, if I'd of know from the beginning I would of started right away :( how many do they need as we talk morning, lunch, evening then 2/3 hours every night? Do they read your conversations or do they just want to know the dates and times you talk for regular contact?
Just take a couple from each month to show how long the relationship has been going, from start to present day....no there's no need to send reams and reams of the stuff. Just evidence that you have continual contact and always have.

Shazza100

Don't worry if you cannot get right to the beginning of the messages, it does take an age and defaults back sometimes to the latest message which is frustrating. If you load the older messages even a little you will see at the top of the message box it will say "load older message (1728) and then a arrow up. The number in brackets is the number of messages you have between you - take a screen show of that. This will show the number of messages you have between you without going right back to the first. My partner then took a screen show of two conversations in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Like you he struggled to get back to 2012 but he took then from December 2012. If you cannot go back enough to even get a sample don't worry you will have the screen shot of the number of messages and just take a couple of recent ones. It is possible to go right back to the beginning but it takes patience and time. Ask your partner to do it if you choose to take a screenshot right back to the beginning, I am sure you are doing the majority of the visa anyway.. I have no idea if they read them or not but we only took snippets of 3 or 4 lines of a screenshot of conversation. I hope that helps.

scotty_bambam

I've printed off tons,it took me ages ,so they're blooming well going to get them.lol..I think it may depend what device you're on if it says total amount of messages.mine didn't.but also what's very handy is if you look through old pics you've posted,If it has comments it will have the date.that's a double bonus,as lawyer told me,pics only of use if they are dated.

Shazza100

I've printed off tons,it took me ages ,so they're blooming well going to get them.lol..I think it may depend what device you're on if it says total amount of messages.mine didn't.but also what's very handy is if you look through old pics you've posted,If it has comments it will have the date.that's a double bonus,as lawyer told me,pics only of use if they are dated.

I just dated the back of our photos by writing on the back and just printed a few facebook messages off. We were successful.

scotty_bambam

I just dated the back of our photos by writing on the back and just printed a few facebook messages off. We were successful.
Shazza,when you submitted your application then chose a date for the appointment,how soon were the appointments being offered?

Shazza100

Shazza,when you submitted your application then chose a date for the appointment,how soon were the appointments being offered?
Very soon - I think I submitted the application online and booked an appointment 2 weeks after but if we really had wanted to we could have booked the next day! i am not saying that is always the case but it was when we booked.

We chose the day and time we wanted without any problem.

scotty_bambam

Very soon - I think I submitted the application online and booked an appointment 2 weeks after but if we really had wanted to we could have booked the next day! i am not saying that is always the case but it was when we booked.

We chose the day and time we wanted without any problem.
Thanks.that's great.

Just take a couple from each month to show how long the relationship has been going, from start to present day....no there's no need to send reams and reams of the stuff. Just evidence that you have continual contact and always have.
Brilliant thank you for that

Don't worry if you cannot get right to the beginning of the messages, it does take an age and defaults back sometimes to the latest message which is frustrating. If you load the older messages even a little you will see at the top of the message box it will say "load older message (1728) and then a arrow up. The number in brackets is the number of messages you have between you - take a screen show of that. This will show the number of messages you have between you without going right back to the first. My partner then took a screen show of two conversations in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Like you he struggled to get back to 2012 but he took then from December 2012. If you cannot go back enough to even get a sample don't worry you will have the screen shot of the number of messages and just take a couple of recent ones. It is possible to go right back to the beginning but it takes patience and time. Ask your partner to do it if you choose to take a screenshot right back to the beginning, I am sure you are doing the majority of the visa anyway.. I have no idea if they read them or not but we only took snippets of 3 or 4 lines of a screenshot of conversation. I hope that helps.
That was really helpful thank you very much

hmmm that's interesting, so when we take photos I should set my camera to put a date on it - wouldn't have thought of that LOL thank you