Exit Tax

bascar

Just thought I would let you all know that I have returned from Tunisia this week... We purchased our exit stamps from the finance office before going to the airport as I didnt fancy the idea of queuing for ages at the airport. However when we got to the airport there was no sign of anywhere selling the stamps and indeed when we went through immigration there was no mention of the stamps either.
Im not sure whether this was down to the immigration officer not being bothered or whether they just arent doing it !!! But anyway at least I have the stamps ready for my next trip !!!

Jane BM

Clearly, as in everything else in Tunisia, it's hit and miss..:rolleyes:...

bascar

my thoughts exactly ! :rolleyes:

Scottochott

Just thought I would let you all know that I have returned from Tunisia this week... We purchased our exit stamps from the finance office before going to the airport as I didnt fancy the idea of queuing for ages at the airport. However when we got to the airport there was no sign of anywhere selling the stamps and indeed when we went through immigration there was no mention of the stamps either.
Im not sure whether this was down to the immigration officer not being bothered or whether they just arent doing it !!! But anyway at least I have the stamps ready for my next trip !!!
Which airport was this Bascar?

bascar

it was at Enfidha

annibee

now why does that not surprise me ;)

Aslemma

It could only happen in Tunisia. :)

janette

lets hope that by the time we leave end of April, they will have given it up altogether as a bad job. :)

Shazza100

It was a completely different story on my return from Enfidha on 12th October - as i posted in another thread - how strange!

Essem

Staff member
it was at Enfidha
Did you travel out before 1st October, Bascar. I'm wondering if it's a date thing or pure inefficiency.

Mezoo

VIP Member
rotfl....

bascar

its was on the 12th October .....

Jellycat

its was on the 12th October .....
What date did you enter Tunisia? If you entered before 1 oct you didn't have to pay.

Shazza100

Did you fly back on 12th October? So did I at 9.40am. What time was your flight? It was definitely all in operation that morning...perhaps they had given up later!!

bascar

Yes ..same flight I think ..Birmingham? .....we were there quite early though i think we were the first to check in ...i wanted to avoid the coach queues ;) ..

Shazza100

ah no I was on the Bristol flight but the Birmingham flight left a little before but not much. You did absolutely the right thing! As i posted on another thread it was the worst time I have ever experienced at Enfidha airport. Chaos. I am not sure it was totally because of the checking of the stamps but it was so very busy. The exit stamp was all in operation when I was there. You did well ;-)

Essem

Staff member
At one welcome meeting this morning, the TC rep announced that she could supply the 30 DT exit stamps to clients ........ at a cost of 37DT.:banghead::eek::stop:

ROULLA

Everyone is out to get what they can, bloody disgusting if you ask me.

gem15

At one welcome meeting this morning, the TC rep announced that she could supply the 30 DT exit stamps to clients ........ at a cost of 37DT.:banghead::eek::stop:
Is this standard for TC or was she trying to pull a fast one? If so was she reported? A friend of mine is currently staying in the Golf Residence and it clearly states on a number of boards about the stamp and how much it is and can be brought at the reception.

Essem

Staff member
No idea if it's standard or a fast one. This was in the Tej Marhaba and, our member Aslemma, who was at the welcome meeting, told me about it this afternoon.