Famous people born in Tunisia...

ROULLA

Dhafer El Abidine .. Actor and writerhttp://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=34395 http://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34395&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=34 http://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&task=emailform&id=34395&itemid=34

After a strong presence in the Tunisian and Arab soap operas, movies and Tunisian, Arab and foreign actor Tunisian Dhafer El Abidine continues its journey towards new artistic horizons.
In fact, he just finished writing a screenplay of detective on a series of crimes with multiple twists.
''This is the first time I write a screenplay, co-Tunisian-European and will achieve full Tunisian Dhafer El Abidine''said the phone at the agency TAP from London where he resides.
With regard to the revolution of January 14, Dhafer stresses that although he was not in Tunisia at the time, he still could monitor the Revolution through the satellite channels, Internet and social networks such as Facebook. Better yet, he contacted the British radio, to explain, in its way, the ins and outs of this popular Tunisian revolution for freedom and dignity.
Handsome smile charming, Dhafer El Abidine began his artistic career as an assistant director of the Tunisian Moncef Dhouib, before attending in London, Birmingham School of Speech and Drama. Taking advantage of this springboard, he played in the British series such as Dream Team'''','''','' Spooks The Bill''and''Strike Back.''

London's career has not removed because of Tunisia scored, through its participation, many soap operas.
Dhafer El Abidine camped on persoonage Zied Al Khalil in the Syrian-Algerian drama''dhakirato al jassad''adapted from the novel and directed by Mostghanmi Ahlem Ismail Najdat Anzour.
It also marked the cinematic landscape of Tunisia: In 2009, he played the role of Ali in''Secrets''Raja Laamari. In 2010, he became the principal actor in the feature film Moez Kamoun''''end of December, thanks to the role of Adam, not to mention other benefits in various foreign films like''The Black Forest'' , *** and the City''2'',''Kingdom of Dust''and''The Mark of Cain.''

ROULLA

The singer Ahmed Hamza is no longer

Tunisian singer Ahmed Hamza died Tuesday afternoon in Tunis. Born December 14, 1930 in Sfax, he was passionate about singing and music since his youth listening to the records of the tenors of Arabic songs in pubs in his hometown.
In Tunis, he joined the cast of Radio, where he sang Mouachahatts of Andalusia and the East.
He excelled in the interpretation of popular songs with a stamp whose song''Irjaa ago yahdik friend'', composed by Mohamed Nouri.
Ahmed Hamza wrote several songs that have enjoyed great success with the public including "Chahloul ',' el Hob Khandouda", "Hiya hiya moulet el el khamriya Khella.
He also contributed to the rehabilitation of some songs taken from the heritage including the famous song "jari hamouda ago.
Ahmed Hamza is regarded as one of the representatives of authentic Tunisian folk song and was gratified by his fans as an ambassador of the Tunisian song.

Jennifer_1987

Tijani Belaid plays for my local football team, (Hull City) and plays Internationally for Tunisia x

ROULLA

Tunisian singer Ahmed Hamza died Tuesday afternoon in Tunis.

Funeral of the late Ahmed Hamza

The arts and cultural extended family led Wednesday afternoon, the remains of the late Ahmed Hamza to his final resting place in the cemetery of El Jallaz in Tunis, in the presence of Mr. Ezzeddine Bach Chaouch Minister of Culture presented its condolences to the family of the deceased.
Artist Hamza Ahmed died last Tuesday at the age of 81 years. He was a leading figure in the Tunisian folk song which has its roots in the Tunisian heritage, Andalusian and Oriental.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Dhafer El Abidine .. Actor and writerhttp://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=34395 http://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34395&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=34 http://www.tap.info.tn/fr/index2.php?option=com_content&task=emailform&id=34395&itemid=34

After a strong presence in the Tunisian and Arab soap operas, movies and Tunisian, Arab and foreign actor Tunisian Dhafer El Abidine continues its journey towards new artistic horizons.
In fact, he just finished writing a screenplay of detective on a series of crimes with multiple twists.
''This is the first time I write a screenplay, co-Tunisian-European and will achieve full Tunisian Dhafer El Abidine''said the phone at the agency TAP from London where he resides.
With regard to the revolution of January 14, Dhafer stresses that although he was not in Tunisia at the time, he still could monitor the Revolution through the satellite channels, Internet and social networks such as Facebook. Better yet, he contacted the British radio, to explain, in its way, the ins and outs of this popular Tunisian revolution for freedom and dignity.
Handsome smile charming, Dhafer El Abidine began his artistic career as an assistant director of the Tunisian Moncef Dhouib, before attending in London, Birmingham School of Speech and Drama. Taking advantage of this springboard, he played in the British series such as Dream Team'''','''','' Spooks The Bill''and''Strike Back.''

London's career has not removed because of Tunisia scored, through its participation, many soap operas.
Dhafer El Abidine camped on persoonage Zied Al Khalil in the Syrian-Algerian drama''dhakirato al jassad''adapted from the novel and directed by Mostghanmi Ahlem Ismail Najdat Anzour.
It also marked the cinematic landscape of Tunisia: In 2009, he played the role of Ali in''Secrets''Raja Laamari. In 2010, he became the principal actor in the feature film Moez Kamoun''''end of December, thanks to the role of Adam, not to mention other benefits in various foreign films like''The Black Forest'' , *** and the City''2'',''Kingdom of Dust''and''The Mark of Cain.''
My mum had a natter with him on the way to Tunis.

A very nice guy apparently.

ROULLA

11 years..

Preparations for the commemoration of the 11th anniversary of the death of the leader Habib Bourguiba

Preparations are underway in the governorate of Monastir, to commemorate the 11th anniversary of the death of the leader Habib Bourguiba (April 6, 2000).
To this end, a working meeting was held Monday afternoon at the headquarters of the governorate, under the chairmanship of Governor of the Region, and in the presence Hichem Fourati activists, youth and representatives of the national committee of thought Bourguiba and the Association for the Protection of the Medina of Monastir.
To this end, the program includes organizing a documentary exhibition on the national movement and the different stages of militant leader Habib Bourguiba, and other events, including a tent, before the family mausoleum Bourguiba for conferences and exhibitions, and a giant screen for the projection of speech lost leader and documentaries on the character and thought of Bourguiba.
A caravan of 100 cars will leave Tunis, April 3, in the direction of Monastir, with personalities and policies. They will visit the mausoleum of Bourguiba family to recite the Fatiha in memory of the lost leader.
The committees formed at the end of this meeting will focus on preparing a program for the celebration of this anniversary is this year a special character, through the rehabilitation of the lost leader.
In addition, action has been undertaken on Facebook network to gather different documents, in order to present the documentary exhibition.

ROULLA

Today, we commemorate the anniversary of the death of the leader Habib Bourguiba

published on 06/04/2011
Today, we commemorate the anniversary of the death of the first president, Habib Bourguiba, the leader. A documentary exhibition is ongoing at the Cultural Club Taher Haddad tribute to him.
http://www.tuniscope.com/index.php/article/7236/sorties/evenements/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuniscope.com%2Findex.php%2Farticle%2F7236%2Fsorties%2Fevenements%2Fbourguiba-343510

Today, we commemorate the anniversary of the death of the first president, Habib Bourguiba, the leader. A documentary exhibition is ongoing at the Cultural Club Taher Haddad tribute to him.
This exhibition organized by the National Library contain many documents and photographs recounting the leader Habib Bourguiba, the period of the struggle against the colonizer, the period of building the modern state. It makes a warm tribute to one of the symbols of national liberation movement.
This exhibit runs from March 19 to April 10, 2011 at Club Cultural Taher Haddad

ROULLA

I know that this was in August but i was in Tunisia when he died , i thought that he was brilliant and he was also very down to earth talking, eating and drinking with the locals in Nabeul..

Tribute to Soufien Chaari

The sudden death of Tunisian actor Soufien Chaari shocked Tunisian society. A large number of Facebook pages were created to pay tribute to Chaari the minute news of his death came out. Just 24 hours after his death, Facebook pages, such as “Allah yar7mek Soufien Chaari” (God give rest to Soufien Chaari) were followed by 28,691 Facebook users. These Facebook pages have so far been the main space where Tunisians have expressed their sadness and sorrow for the loss of the actor.
Moreover, the whole media scene has reacted to the sad event — Nessma TV (a Pan-Maghreb TV Channel) organized a special talk show to pay tribute to Chaari.
Soufien Chaari began his career as a theater actor, before devoting himself to television. Chaari starred in five sitcoms, but he was mostly known for his role as “Sbouii,” in “Choufli Hal” (Find me a Solution) as well as for his role as “Hssouna,” in “Nssibti Laziza” (My Dear Mother in Law).
After five years of bringing smiles to Tunisians’ faces, Chaari’s sudden death has brought grief to the whole Tunisian society.

MellieC

Just shown this to Fred, one of freds favourites!

Black Mamba

Blown out of proportions, he's dead so what? we have hundreds of people who died for Tunisia, no one knows their names!!!!

ROULLA

Just shown this to Fred, one of freds favourites!
Hi MellieC hope that you and Fred are both in good health!
Yes he was one of our favourites as well. He used to go to a restaurant that we used to go to, we use to see him quite a bit and like I said he was very down to earth. I was very sad when I heard the news on the radio whilst in a taxi.God rest his soul.

Last edited:

ROULLA

Dhafer el Abidine Honors Tunisian Revolution on CNN

Dhafer el Abidine, the Tunisian world-famous actor currently residing in London, was recently welcomed by the American television channel CNN, as a part of its Africa Voices program. El Abidine seized this opportunity to praise the Tunisian revolution, whose events recently shook up the world stage and caught the attention of international audiences. On camera, Dhafer urged program viewers to look to this small country called Tunisia — with its rich civilization and heritage, and which was the seat of an unprecedented popular movement on the part of the Arab people — as a role model to be emulated.
Throughout the interview, el Abidine responded eloquently to numerous questions posed by the show host and emphasized his pride in being a Tunisian citizen. He repeatedly asserted that he views himself as a representative of all Tunisian people, and that he hopes to soon see a free and democratic Tunisia — without any remnants of favoritism and corruption. El Abidine also underscored his gratitude towards the martyrs of Tunisia’s revolution who, in his eyes, “…sacrificed themselves for the freedom of their country and the dignity of all Tunisians and Arabs as a whole.”

Nawara

Looove him!

Black Mamba

Weird, never heard f him!

lainie

he is quite well known in the uk.

i recognise him from casualty and the bill ans seemingly he was in the sex and the city movie .

quite a hunk, methinks!

Black Mamba

I hate Sex and the City and never watched Casualty!

Now if we are talking Little Britain, Father Ted, Sherlock, Black Books.... I can tell you which actors I love :D

FoxyRoxie89

I think he is a hunk too, never knew he was tunisian.. mmmmmmmm

lainie

stop it roxie
he's mine
i saw him first, lol