Favorite places

ninikins

What is your favorite city in Tunesia and why? What place do you remember after your holiday?

Grace 111

During your holiday how many days do you spend celebrating it? We are getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving here on November 22nd. I usually cook a huge meal such as meat, dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberries, and pumpkin pies. My brother-in-law is coming for a visit from North Carolina.

ninikins

Sorry I did not quite get that to be honest :)

Grace 111

You right. This is about favorite places in Tunisia. What are the top destinations in Tunisia?

ammulu

I heard that Sousse & Hammamet are great places to visit, I never visited them till date but just awaiting to plan my holiday. Some more time to go for it.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Ammulu, There are so many beautiful places to visit in Tunisia. I've lived there for several years now and have visited most of it. The north tends to be a bit more European and the south more Arabic/African - totally diverse - so something to suit everyone. I have so many favourite places there. I love Bizerte and Tabarka in the north and Douz and Tozeur in the south (west). Have gone over to Kerkannah many times - it's quiet and so calm and visited Djerba about 2 years ago, went over by ferry and took the road link back to Zarzis and then on the Ben Guardine (not sure of spelling!) to do some shopping - most things there are a fraction of the cost elsewhere as goods are brought over from Libya.

ammulu

Wow essem, you have really given a wonderful picture of the whole places. It provides a clear view of the places around Tunisia. It truly seems to be a beautiful place essem.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Ammulu, Tunisia is so diverse and there is something for everyone. Do you visit often? Where have you stayed when you've been there?

fiona

I know that I will looking to visit the Tour de France, and Carthage. The history of these places are intense and I would love to see all of the architecture too.

Grace 111

Favorite places in Tunisia are full of architecture. The Roman influence, and modern markets mix together with a graceful lines. I love all of the sea coasts bustling with people. The blue of the water is uncanny.