FCR and Importing a car

adnyt123

Hi, i had asked before on the subject of importing a car, what do you have to go through to import a car? And are there any extra costs after using an FCR? (I was told it was 25%)

Thanks

Scottochott

There are no costs if using an fcr, speak to customs for the best advice

mrsmannai

salaam :) i know now they r in progress to make some new rules abt this, so definetly check, the word was tht u now can bring 2 cars(without paying tax) so if this already did come, or if it will, worth a check

Hi, i had asked before on the subject of importing a car, what do you have to go through to import a car? And are there any extra costs after using an FCR? (I was told it was 25%)

Thanks
Had horrendous time.getting it from customs was easy but it took 6 months to get all the paperwork. We had to pay huge insurance for temporary numberplate until allocated a Tunisian one.going to buy our next one in Tunisia.not worth the hassle

jormana

Thanks
Importing a car into Tunisia is one big headache and to be avoided at all costs. Either that or obtain the patience of a saint. First off they change their laws constantly so be prepared for suprises.l take it you are coming in on a personal FCR and haven't bought one from someone else. This is better. The car you bring in will be on a list which will have the cost of importation next to it.When you come in thru customs they will give you the price to pay....l came in with a vehicle that wasnt on the list and it was hell. Anything out of the ordinary or not on the list is a no,no.They occasionally have a website for customs, when l came in it was down due to more law changes.
When and if you do come thru with the vehicle be prepared for a long wait and be patient.

adnyt123

what about this rule called the agrément? since im importing a utilitary veichle and already have a commercial liscence

adnyt123

Guys does the car for the fcr have to be 5 years less even within months? could it be lets say a car from october 2010 and i want to import it january 2016 will that work?
Thanks

Scottochott

Guys does the car for the fcr have to be 5 years less even within months? could it be lets say a car from october 2010 and i want to import it january 2016 will that work?
Thanks
Less than 5 years means just that

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
It may be free on FCR but if it was 50 dinars a pop to get people to do their jobs before ten years later god know what it will be.

Buy a Tunisian car a lot less hassle and they go down in price a lot slower also and buyers will be less fussy when it comes to selling