Flights to Tunisia

Trulymadlydeeply

I don't speak French, what does it say?

Jane BM

I don't speak French, what does it say?
Nor do I, but I think it's saying they're putting extra flights on and also doing deals for Tunisians who live abroad on the cost of flights plus adding extra luggage allowance for them. Or something to that effect.

Essem

Staff member
12 kgs extra for tunisians living abroad travelling with Tunisair.

In a statement released on Thursday 15 May, the Department of Transport said that the scheduling of 21 additional Tunisair flights, with a view to helping towards a more successful tourist season and the return of Tunisians abroad.

After the working session held on Tuesday, it was agreed to increase the baggage allowance by 12 kg for the Tunisian community living abroad, compared to regular/ordinary passengers.

In co-ordination with the Office of Tunisians living abroad, it was also agreed to make tickets available to families in need, free from Tunisair and CTN.

The Ministry of Social Affairs have decided to set up, in due course, a National Monitoring Service for immigration.

In addition, many from the Tunisian community who are skilled and members of the public will be consulted on the draft law relating to the setting up of a council/board of Tunisians living abroad.

janette

Nor do I, but I think it's saying they're putting extra flights on and also doing deals for Tunisians who live abroad on the cost of flights plus adding extra luggage allowance for them. Or something to that effect.
Sorry, should have Googled you a translation! :(

Trulymadlydeeply

Maybe now we might get some room in the hand luggage storage. Once they have removed the 4 jumpers around their waists and the 3 jackets :rolleyes:

Aslemma

Whilst in Sousse last week I was approached by a couple of young Tunisian girls asking if I would mind answering some questions on the pros and cons of low-cost airlines as part of their college project. Tunisia has seemed to be on the brink of opening their skies for some time and I think EasyJet have been interested so it may indeed happen one day.

Scottochott

I've just booked with Monarch for the first time, there were no seats available with Thomas Cook or Thomson, whether this is an increase in demand or a cutback in service I'm not sure. Before the revolution jet2com were due to start but subsequently cancelled, would be good to see them return. I still am at a loss to explain the total withdrawal of BA, surely a once/twice a week service would be viable. Bring on an open skies policy, definitely the best for consumers!

Aslemma

I still am at a loss to explain the total withdrawal of BA, surely a once/twice a week service would be viable. Bring on an open skies policy, definitely the best for consumers!
I couldn't agree more regarding both your points. Whilst I appreciate that a 5 day a week service may not be economically viable, for BA to cut the route out completely seems very short-sighted.

An open-skies policy would not only be best for consumers, but ultimately for Tunisia itself if it hopes to encourage tourists. Many of the places served by the low-cost airlines involve longer flghts than Tunisia but the countries are seen by many as a safer choice, so Tunisian tourism is immediately at a disadvantage.

Essem

Staff member
Enfidha at a cost of 120 dinars for the week through a local tour operator.

If any of the cheap airlines fly UK to Billund then that could be a possibility for cheaper fares.

They landed at the same time as 7 other flights and there was only ONE passport control desk open. Almost 2000 people who queued from when they got off the plane, much the same as when I last arrived back. Took them3 hours to clear the airport :eek::banghead::wtf:

Aslemma

What operator was this Essem? Ryanair fly Stansted to Billund. I've used them many times, as has a friend who lives in Denmark but has family in the UK.

Last edited:

Essem

Staff member
What operator was this Essem? Ryanair fly Stansted to Billund. I've used them many times, as has a friend who lives in Denmark but has family in the UK.
Seeing them tomorrow Aslemma so I'll find out for you. Xx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Aslemma, Tour operator is Spies xx

Aslemma

Thanks Essem, I'll investigate later. xx

Aslemma

I've just had a quick look Essem and see they're part of the Thomas Cook group. However, apart from the introductory blurb in English, asking if sex can save Denmark, :D all the rest is in Danish and my knowledge of that language is limited to 'hello' 'goodbye' and 'thank you very much', so I'm unable to investigate further.

Before anyone gets too excited and rushes off to Copenhagen rather than Sousse, the idea is that people have more sex on holiday and with Denmark having a falling birth rate more people should go on holiday and produce the next generation of Danes.

Aslemma

Joking apart, it might be worth investigating, particularly for those who have apartments in Tunisia and don't always need to take hold luggage. Ryanair is starting flights from Stansted to both Glasgow and Edinburgh later in the year, so for anyone who can get away with 10kg of hand luggage it could lead to quite a saving.