Friguia Park - Enfidha

lovetochat

hi - Where would you reccomend to visit with small children in Tunisia? They like big spaces to run around, beaches, animals and swings!
Thanks

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hammamet would be my choice given the things to do and wide open spaces.

Also its policed and traffic is controlled in yasmine which for me is the main denger for little kids aside from going bald from being patted on the head all the time.

You also have the park there and are near to many things if you would like to go and see the real Tunisia via excursions.

lovetochat

OK, thank you, I hadn't even thought about the traffic (or the head patting!). What kind of excursions would be suitable eg. is there a zoo or anything like that to visit? My husband and I would love to see the real tunisia but I don't think my kids would be so keen unless we were going somewhere kid-related!

Essem

Staff member
Hi, There's a safari type park. not far from Hammamet, called Friguia Park in Enfidha. I visited it yesterday for the first time and loved it. You can spend a full day there although I noticed some Thomas Cook reps obviously with a group of clients on a shorter excursion. There are snack bars and restaurants although there are many picnic areas if you prefer to take your own food, a playpark with swings,climbing frame, etc., couple of souvenir shops, a good selection of animals and the 2 sea lions, Max & Diana have daily training shows at 11 am and 4 pm. There are ramps for pushchairs/buggies or wheelchairs. At the moment the park is closed on Mondays and every other day open till 4pm. Cost 5,500 dinars for adults; 3 dinars for children 3 - 12 years; and infants up to 3 years are free.

Essem

Staff member
HI forgot to say I believe there is a zoo in Monastir but I haven't visited it yet. There's also a mini zoo at Port El Kantaoui.

samwella

how small are we talking? I think as mentioned Hammamet may be your bet choice of options, as in yassmine there is cathidge land, and ice skating rink, plus your not far from Fruguia, though not been myself.
Also in Yassmine an English expat has opened an inflatable park http://www.bouncytune.com/index.php this is in french or you can see this onhttp://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/wehaveabusinessouthere.htm

lovetochat

Thank you for all the info - my kids are all under 6 so the zoo sounds perfect - and anything which would take a short time for adults takes at least twice as long with my kids! And I love the sound of the inflatable park, I would go there even without kids. Thanks for all your help.

tater03

Here is a site that I used when I was looking for the same thing. I hope it helps. There is quite a lot to do with kids. tp://www.mapsofworld.com/tunisia/things-to-do/family-activities.html

Grace 111

Tater - thanks for the link but I couldn't click on it. I'll try later, but it really does sound perfect for children. Traveling with the children is different that not traveling with them.

tater03

Sorry about that. You must have to copy and paste it. I hope we are allowed to include links on here? It is a good site if you get a chance to look at it.

Jasmine

Hi, There's a safari type park. not far from Hammamet, called Friguia Park in Enfidha. I visited it yesterday for the first time and loved it. You can spend a full day there although I noticed some Thomas Cook reps obviously with a group of clients on a shorter excursion. There are snack bars and restaurants although there are many picnic areas if you prefer to take your own food, a playpark with swings,climbing frame, etc., couple of souvenir shops, a good selection of animals and the 2 sea lions, Max & Diana have daily training shows at 11 am and 4 pm. There are ramps for pushchairs/buggies or wheelchairs. At the moment the park is closed on Mondays and every other day open till 4pm. Cost 5,500 dinars for adults; 3 dinars for children 3 - 12 years; and infants up to 3 years are free.
Essem..

I know this is an old post....But my daughter loved this park...Meerkats had us mesmerised and entertained for hours...:)
Do you or anyone else know if its open in October? As i would like my son to go who is animal mad, and i think Kez would find her child side and enjoy it too, hehehe :p

The Sahara Hotel in Skanes has a small animal park, it was worth looking around with the kids, even though my daughter got chased by a duck :eek:
xxx

Essem

Staff member
Essem..

I know this is an old post....But my daughter loved this park...Meerkats had us mesmerised and entertained for hours...:)
Do you or anyone else know if its open in October? As i would like my son to go who is animal mad, and i think Kez would find her child side and enjoy it too, hehehe :p

The Sahara Hotel in Skanes has a small animal park, it was worth looking around with the kids, even though my daughter got chased by a duck :eek:
xxx
HI Jas

As far as I know it is open all year but opening times are different to that of summer months. I visited in January and I think it closed around 5 pm or so, so best to go from early morning.

I thought it was great too.

Essem

Staff member
And perhaps some guinea pigs and rabbits? Kids will love it though.

shell

And I love the sound of the inflatable park, I would go there even without kids. Thanks for all your help.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha We did in August!!!!! had great fun but had to wait until some of the inflatables were kid free ( and this was 4am)

Tunisianbelle

HI forgot to say I believe there is a zoo in Monastir but I haven't visited it yet.
They got rid of it last year. I don't remember the exact reason though. It was nice when they had it! It contained lots of birds, raccoons, monkeys, deer, sheep, ostrich, kangaroo, rabbits, pigs, goats, a leopard, etc.

The amusement park part of it is still open.

sianperkins89

Hello everyone, sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but really can't get my head around what goes where here ! :confused:
anyway my question is about frigua park, who has been there before? and how did you get there? did you go on a day trip from a hotel? was it expensive? was it worth it? etc. any info would be welcomed as i am thinking about going there next month when i will be in hammamet but don't wanna go if its too far from my hotel in hammamet or not easy to get to without a car or too expensive lol!
thank you ;)

crazypink

Went there on my 1st visit to Tunisia wen we stayed in Skanes. Booked it through the hotel as it wasnt too expensive and included a meal and zulu show in the evenin. Well recommened!!
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Fola

hey sian!
i went there in May and it cost i think 60 dinar but that included seeing the zulu warrior show and dinner which was surprisingly quite nice lol! They also take pictures of you randomnly around the park and i got some really nice ones of me and nour which cost around 4 dinars each......
You should be able to book at the hotel theres always scout buzzing around the place!
x

sianperkins89

thank you guys! wow glad to hear that you can book this from hotels, hopefully thats what we will do then if we see a rep somewhere lol...and 60 dinars isn't so much, so i shall look into it when i am there