Gammarth - Les Ombrelles

Black Mamba

We went yesterday to this restaurant with my colleagues for Team Building! and it was fab, the view is amazing, you can see the Carthage-Byrsa Hill from afar and the waves were splashing right next to our table!

The food was good ( I had sea food) but the service was a bit slow maybe because it was crowded.

I would recommend it at least for the view.

Oh and we enjoyed some jazz too :D

Mossy

We went yesterday to this restaurant with my colleagues for Team Building! and it was fab, the view is amazing, you can see the Carthage-Byrsa Hill from afar and the waves were splashing right next to our table!

The food was good ( I had sea food) but the service was a bit slow maybe because it was crowded.

I would recommend it at least for the view.

Oh and we enjoyed some jazz too :D
One of my favorite restaurants too BM.

Personally I find service is generally slow in 99% of Tunisian restaurants.

MellieC

oh gawd i REALLY do miss my fave spot in a restaurant overlooking the beach, in hammamet lol

sounds like les ombrelles is worth a visit, if BOTH BM AND MOSSY give it a thumbs up it MUST be good!

Mezoo

VIP Member
One of my favorite restaurants too BM.

Personally I find service is generally slow in 99% of Tunisian restaurants.
one must never be in a hurry when one goes outside to eat in tunisia... that resolves that eh?? :D i'm gonna try this place....:cool:

Mossy

sounds like les ombrelles is worth a visit, if BOTH BM AND MOSSY give it a thumbs up it MUST be good!
But of course - we both have impeccable taste don't you know :rolleyes:

lainie

Black Mamba

For 9 people the bill was around 600 TND.

lainie

wow! did you have caviar?
LOL

Black Mamba

wow! did you have caviar?
LOL
Not but 9 people and the average price per person was 50 TND plus the guys had beers and 3 bottles of white wine.

Oh and as you know sea food is quite expensive.

lainie

sounds lovely!

Mossy

Not but 9 people and the average price per person was 50 TND plus the guys had beers and 3 bottles of white wine.

Oh and as you know sea food is quite expensive.
That is pretty average for restaurants in and around La Marsa. But the food is good. Les Ombrelles is mostly known for seafood but the last time I was there - about six weeks ago - I had one of the best fillet steaks I've ever had in Tunisia.

BTW BM, there is no hiding on the internet !! If you Google Les Ombrelles you get this:

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=les+ombrelles+gammarth&aq=2&aqi=g3g-m1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4f061ee8aa4abfcf&biw=1680&bih=883

Look at the fourth entry down ! :D

Black Mamba

That is pretty average for restaurants in and around La Marsa. But the food is good. Les Ombrelles is mostly known for seafood but the last time I was there - about six weeks ago - I had one of the best fillet steaks I've ever had in Tunisia.

BTW BM, there is no hiding on the internet !! If you Google Les Ombrelles you get this:

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=les+ombrelles+gammarth&aq=2&aqi=g3g-m1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4f061ee8aa4abfcf&biw=1680&bih=883

Look at the fourth entry down ! :D
Bloody hell LOL XD

C

Cas

the world is too small, where`s the mystery anymore?

Mossy

Matter of interest (to no one in particular :D) I went back to Les Ombrelles for lunch yesterday with friends and had a lovely meal. Prawn cocktail followed by fillet steak (again!!) and then we shared some chocolate profiteroles - all very decadent !!
Great meal plus good, smiling service for a change. Highly recommended.