General discussion

A

Aladin888

No one leave his environment and family and friends for a sake of visa or a country. I met my wife when i was helping her to overcome some problems.. now she's the source of all my problems without her intention maybe

Flip Flop

No one leave his environment and family and friends for a sake of visa or a country. I met my wife when i was helping her to overcome some problems.. now she's the source of all my problems without her intention maybe
This is not true, unfortunately, there are many visa scammers and they ruin things for genuine people like you. It means it is almost impossible for men in your situation to claim benefits.
In tunisia you have to pay everything doctor fee and your medicines or you have to wait your turn to get your medicines free.
But as a landowner and having had such a good job, you would be able to afford the meds you need. I am worried you will make your health worse because you are so unhappy and mistreated.

Flip Flop

I am not land owner or english teacher anymore ... all gone now ...
My grandmother had to have her left leg amputated from the knee because of diabetes. Surgery in East London was not nice, the hospital was overcrowded and not clean.
She also got cataracts in both eyes and had to have surgery to save her vision. It’s very important that your diabetes is monitored.
I am concerned that your stress will affect your diabetes. What type of diabetes do you have?

Polly1972

There are a lot of Tunisian people in the UK have you no one you can reach out to?

Flip Flop

Why does your wife starve you? Is there a point to this? Have you lost much weight? It is like murder to starve a diabetic.
Polly is right, there is a large Tunisian network in the UK, they could help you.
You will need a new home, maybe if you moved in with one, you could find work and share the bills.
Do you have to stay in your marriage to remain in the UK?

Polly1972

Why does your wife starve you? Is there a point to this? Have you lost much weight? It is like murder to starve a diabetic.
Polly is right, there is a large Tunisian network in the UK, they could help you.
You will need a new home, maybe if you moved in with one, you could find work and share the bills.
Do you have to stay in your marriage to remain in the UK?
I think he would have to remain married to get ILR. His wife could claim he deserted her and ask for his deportation and withdraw her sponsorship.

Polly1972

I live in a small town and i didnt meet one arabic person here let alone tunisian anyway they will not help me when she curtail my visa
You must feel very isolated there. It must be a very small place as most towns have people from all cultures. If you have Facebook there are groups for Tunisians in the UK.

Polly1972

I have to stay married or I go home
That’s a terrible dilemma. Either to Live unhappily in the hope that it will improve or that you will at some point get a visa to stay or go home.

I couldn’t stay in a relationship if I was very unhappy, I’d have to admit it was a mistake and go back to where I felt loved and understood.

Flip Flop

I have to stay married or I go home
You cannot stay in a relationship that is affecting you so badly.
What part of England are you in? There is a large Tunisian community in England.
I think you have to stay married for five years for permanent papers, you will not cope for this long.
How did you discover you had diabetes? I just read that it came on suddenly after only four months in England. I am so shocked! This is the most terrible mess you are in, Aladin.

Polly1972

It seems to me that either way your situation is difficult. Maybe you should take the job. At least you will be occupied. Have a little money and will meet new people.

You cannot be prevented from working. It will be good for your own mental health to work. If you have been put in an impossible position then your wife can’t really blame you for trying to find a solution. If she is on PIP then it should not affect her benefits. It might affect housing benefit or council tax, but since there is nothing else you can do then she can’t blame you. You must eat proper food and if you can only do this by working then you should work.

Flip Flop

It seems to me that either way your situation is difficult. Maybe you should take the job. At least you will be occupied. Have a little money and will meet new people.

You cannot be prevented from working. It will be good for your own mental health to work. If you have been put in an impossible position then your wife can’t really blame you for trying to find a solution. If she is on PIP then it should not affect her benefits. It might affect housing benefit or council tax, but since there is nothing else you can do then she can’t blame you. You must eat proper food and if you can only do this by working then you should work.
I agree. If this is to become a court battle, he will need money.
Disability benefit is not means tested, so it will remain the same amount.
Any loss on housing benefit can be made up for with Aladin’s wage packet....and he will feel more like a man than a mistreated animal if he works. It seems a shame that his local community will miss out on somebody with such a big, caring heart. Aladin seems a giver, not a taker.

Flip Flop

if there are any suggestions from people gone through this route before i would appreciate their help
I found this on FB, Aladin. It's a Tunisian coffee shop in Derby centre. A coffee shop! It's like home from home for a Tunisian man! They even have those gross cake things.

Look on FB, you will find other Tunisian men in your area. It seems diabetes and domestic violence are regular occurrences amongst Tunisian's in the UK. This is strange, but you will be able to compare notes and tips.

I am shocked at how many Tunisian men are suffering domestic abuse in England at the hands of a woman! I know in Tunisia, man is boss, so why are they abused in England BY WOMEN?!!!
And why the sudden arrival of diabetes? I have now seen this with other Tunisian men in England. This must somehow be connected then with domestic abuse. How are your cholesterol levels, Aladin? You must keep your health.

You are very lucky to have daily GP appointments. Where I am, we struggle to get same day appointments. In fact, we usually can't get past the receptionist.

Flip Flop

listen flip flop, i do not know anything about them as i can tell you just about my self, thank you for the link i will take a look, Tunisian are not angels, good and bad are everywhere, we are not all victims, we have people chasing women for visa, we have who scam money but also we have genuine people who looks forward to build a life with his partner, i am not a doctor but in my opinion the constant stress may cause or trigger diabetes and as i said i am not sure about that, i wish all the best for everyone and every woman has her own mind and she can know who is playing and who is genuine, anyway thanks for the answer
You are angry? I was trying to help you. I spent my time finding that link for you and reading things.
It’s obvious you are not a visa hunter as you are so caring and help with housework. Your wife is lucky to find someone like you.

Flip Flop

Ok, that’s good, as I was feeling a bit hurt and unappreciated.

If your family are willing to help you get a return flight, surely they would be willing to help you purchase meds for your health?

I think you will be much happier in the bosom of your loving family.

My experience of Tunisian families shows me that they are feeders, and you need this for your glucose levels.

I cannot understand why anybody would stay where they are so unhappy and mistreated, I would book the first flight back to love and safety with my people.

What is it that makes you stay in England? Do you think you and your wife can fix things? Is she your age? Do you have children together? I know how important children are to Tunisian men. Will diabetes affect your fertility? I do not really understand diabetes, but I think you are too young to risk losing a leg like my grandmother.

You had a good life in Tunisia as a landowner and with such a good job. With Tunisia being a closed currency, the money is still there, so why not rebuild where you know you will have the support of your family?

Flip Flop

Ups

Diabetes causes male infertility in three ways: Causes erectile dysfunction-by affecting the health of small blood vessels and lowering testosterone levels. ... Reduces ejaculate volume-by affecting the small nerves that control ejaculation and by lowering testosterone levels.
Wow, this is scary. Children are so important to Tunisian man! I hope Aladin goes back fast to the bosom of his good family, this stress is too much for his health. No country is worth a broken man tool.

Flip Flop

You are a very ungrateful man, we have dedicated much time to helping you.
With your bad temper, I can understand why your wife has had enough.

Flip Flop

Wow, your conversation skills are wonderful.
Get your mop, pound this anger out.

It is not my fault you may have fertility issues, so no point taking it out on me.

You are the only person in the UK able to have doctors consultations seven days a week, so perhaps discuss it there. I am sure they can provide you meds to ensure your little soldiers can still fight the good fight :)