Getting married in Tunisia. HELP!!

deen762

Hi
I am getting married in tunisia later in the year but I am SO confused as to what documents we need to have. Im a british national and my other half is tunisian.
I spoke to the embassy and all they said was a CONI and birth certificate then directed me to the gov.uk website which was as useful to me as a chocolate frying pan. I just feel like theres more i need to have/do. The last thing i want is to go over there and not have everything i need.
Ive seen some post about blood tests and full medicals. Are there any other websites/phone numbers i can use to get more information?

scotty_bambam

Relax its not as hard as it seems. You need a new birth certificate that's no older than 21 days when you get married.decree absolute if married before, these need to be translated into French.you get that done locally very cheaply.the CONI is translated at the embassy, you make an appointment by email.contact your local registry office and tell them when you're getting married and they'll make your Appt. To get your banns put up.the blood tests you go to a local doctor and get results same day or next day.that's what WD did October 2014 unless anythibgs changed.

sass

No Scotty, nothing has changed, married in August last year and all is the same, your fiance's birth certificate also needs to be less than 21 days old too. Your CONI takes about 28 days here, must be no older than 3 months. The appointment with the British Embassy has to be made online, they will tell you what you need to bring when you make the appointment. Go the Embassy website and email them, I double checked information with them and they were very helpful each time. You need a basic bloodtest which is cheap, it's all fairly simple in the end! Btw, you need all your fiances info when you go the registry office, ie. employment, his address, d.o.b, etc

scotty_bambam

No Scotty, nothing has changed, married in August last year and all is the same, your fiance's birth certificate also needs to be less than 21 days old too. Your CONI takes about 28 days here, must be no older than 3 months. The appointment with the British Embassy has to be made online, they will tell you what you need to bring when you make the appointment. Go the Embassy website and email them, I double checked information with them and they were very helpful each time. You need a basic bloodtest which is cheap, it's all fairly simple in the end! Btw, you need all your fiances info when you go the registry office, ie. employment, his address, d.o.b, etc
Ha ha ,yes and don't be like me.I made my husband ten years older,had to go back and change it

maria&hamza

hello i am due to get married in 4 weeks can you have blood test in UK or you have to have it in Tunisia
i have all my documents just wants to know if you could have one in the UK or Tunisia

sass

hello i am due to get married in 4 weeks can you have blood test in UK or you have to have it in Tunisia
i have all my documents just wants to know if you could have one in the UK or Tunisia
Tunisia, it has to be in Tunisia, also alot cheaper, good luck! I am in Tunisia too in 4 weeks time lol

Njt11

Wow that's quick!! Have you only met your future husband once? @maria&hamza x

maria&hamza

no iv met him few times

maria&hamza

@sass were about u staying im going 21st :)

sass

@sass were about u staying im going 21st :)
Staying with hubby in Tunis, but if he's booked a break, off to Tozeur and Douz and a surprise break somewhere in the North, travelling out on 18th. Whereabouts are you going to be? Xx

deen762

Ahh thank you all so much for your help, i can exhale a little bit now. And good luck to all you ladies getting married too :)

Hi does anyone have the contact details for the British Embassy, I need to make appointment with them to get my CONI translated.

TunisanWifey

Thanks so much. Could you tell me if I email the coni to my fiance if he can go to the embassy alone to get it translated. Also on there is it my husband's name, dob and the address where we get married is that all I need from his side to put on the Coni?
I'm sorry but I dont know. I'm American so my process was a little different. Good luck on your marriage. I hope you find the answers you need.

Sosh

Got my birth certificate yesterday they told me it takes a week, but it's been dated the 5th so will be more than 21 days old when I get married on 31st May in Hammamet. Am I going to have to get another one to ensure it's less than 21 days old or is it more of a rough guideline? I don't want to get there and they turn round and say it can't be accepted.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Got my birth certificate yesterday they told me it takes a week, but it's been dated the 5th so will be more than 21 days old when I get married on 31st May in Hammamet. Am I going to have to get another one to ensure it's less than 21 days old or is it more of a rough guideline? I don't want to get there and they turn round and say it can't be accepted.
See the registrar or ask them.

I had to have one really fresh so fresh I had to get it done and the fly out after.

That was not the rules but just the want of the local registrar.

So my advice is always see the actual person writing out your contract they may want more..... they may want less...... they may ignore the rules.

sam2588

Hello Sosh as far as i know , i just got married with my Irish woman and about our 21 days old birth certificate it was difficult but we sort it out , i just contacted the man working in municipality (baladia) and i told him it gonna be about 7 days more than 21 days , because my woman is a foreigner and she need more time to sort that out , he said bring me all the document 15 days before the marriage and we will see what we can do about the birth certificate waiting time . that was my experience so far , but then i managed to have it in time , but its better to have it in time

Hi i got married 2 months ago and ordered my birth certificate on the Tues paid for next day delivery it arrived on Thursday and I flew on the sunday. I would get another I know its added expense but it's better to be safe than sorry and get there and they will not accept it