Getting Married In tunisia

janette b

3 months from the date you get it from registrar so preorder for a couple of days before you fly out.

British Embassy Tunis
Sidsel Bergsmark Ghehioueche - Vice consul
Rue du Lac Windermere
Les berges du Lac
1053 Tunis
tel - 00216 71 108 700
mob- 98349 857
fax - 00216 71 108 789
email - [email protected]

she deals with all consular matters and very helpful when i got married-
yes youwil need any divorce papers etc justlike england to prove you are free to marry i had to take death certificate for my late husband.

catwoman1

Thanks Janette, can he take a copy of the Coni to the embassy to get translated before I get there? Or would I have to take the original one when I get there? Just that I dont arrive till 23rd and am getting married 26th!

janette b

has to be original but dont worry i took mine monday picked it up tuesday got married thursday and we could have got married tues or wed apparently....i suppose it depends where and when you are getting maried . we got married at home supposed to be 6-30 but was actually later about 7-30 when we signed papers...

catwoman1

Oh well it will just have to be over to Tunis on Thurs Fri then marry on the Sat! Will marry in Municipality then on to the party after that - should be fun! x

Mezoo

VIP Member
Oh well it will just have to be over to Tunis on Thurs Fri then marry on the Sat! Will marry in Municipality then on to the party after that - should be fun! x
Wish I was there ! You have a great wedding !!!

foxylady

hi lourodos;
i am 5ft 8 and i hired my dress which was stunning!!! i was pretty nervous becase i hadnt tried it on but my huisband had told me his sister got hers from this shop. as it turned out the dress was perfect!!!! as though it had been made to measure!!! i has my own tiara and jewellry my parents brought me and own underwear everything else; make up hair everything was done at this ladies house; my husband and his family said i looked like a queen:xx

lourodos

Banned
hi lourodos;
i am 5ft 8 and i hired my dress which was stunning!!! i was pretty nervous becase i hadnt tried it on but my huisband had told me his sister got hers from this shop. as it turned out the dress was perfect!!!! as though it had been made to measure!!! i has my own tiara and jewellry my parents brought me and own underwear everything else; make up hair everything was done at this ladies house; my husband and his family said i looked like a queen:xx

I've brought a stunning dress but not tried it on either hope it fits! need to take i to tunisia aswell...glad you got yr own underwear lol! going to get my hair done where his sister gets hers done...not sure on their make upp though it seems very over the top but will have to see! thank you for your reply xx

foxylady

if you get youre make up done take a bronzer if you prefer the not so virgin look!!!!!!!

lourodos

Banned
if you get youre make up done take a bronzer if you prefer the not so virgin look!!!!!!!

Yes why is that? why do they put so much white on.....and my fiancee says to me dont go in the sun because he dont like me 2 brown!!!! grrrrrr lol! they seem to like white alot any ideas why?

foxylady

virgins supposed to be pale i guess....... i dont lnow really!!!!!

badger

hi, like everybody else i am very sad to hear your news and would like to help you with the visa. my now husband came over on a fiance visa which cost nearly £600, which ws refused the first time and then when we reapplied 6 months later we were successful, we were really lucky and only had to wait 5 days for an answer on the visa, but we applied a day before the new system came into place and i know some people have had had to wait up to three motnsh for an answer. a fiance visa lasts for 6 months, they cant work and there fore you have to prove that you will be able to financially support them while they are stayin with you, this is why we were refused the first time because we apparently had lack of funds, as far as i am concerned if you have enough money in your bank you get the visa.

we had to provide every paper in the sun and to be honest it is the best way because then they cant pick you up on anything becuase you have provided everything.
1.you need photos and phone bills oe international phone cards to prove you have contact with your fiance,
2. write a letter explainin how and wen you met, the duration of your relationship, how many times you seen him and also what he plans to do in the uk.
3. book a provisional wedding date in the uk, u need to do this to prove you intend on getting married in the uk, include address of venue and contact numbers
4.copies of your passport, exit/entry stamps and copies of his passport
5.any details of his work or study status in tunisia
6. any bank details of his in tunisia if he has any, doesnt matter if he doesnt

badger

7. whoever the sponsor is you need there bank statements and any other proof of monies comin in, and if you choose somebody else as his sponsor you will need some proof that they are settled in the uk, as i used my father as my sponsor i provided a copy of his driving license and passport. you need bout 6 months of bank statements.
8. you need wage slips from yourself and your sponsor, again if you choose to use somebody else to support your fiance.
9. you need mortgage statements for the place at where he will be living in the uk while he stays here, or rent papers, just to show accomodation.
10. if you are using somebody else as your sponsor, it is helpful if you get them to right an invitation sayin you are happy to let them live with you for 6months and that you are happy to support him, every bit helps
11. you need copies of his police records in tunisia, which you have to wait about a month for, remember anything that is not in english needs to be translated into english, very impo.
12. birth certs for both you and ya boyfriend

badger

13. i also included plane tickets from when i visited him, to be honest the list is endless but if you want to get an answer sooner rather than later include everything you got and never through anything in the bin cus it is all proof of a relationship, i even kept my slips from airport when i changed money, sad i know.

you dont need to prove that he will come back after 6 months because you can then apply for a two year visa which i did so he could carry on livin with me in the uk, he recently got it and he can work on this visa and now we have a little baby on the way. we are very happy and i would love to help you or anybody else if you have any queries as i know exactly what it feels like, especially gettin refused the first time. its a hard process but all worth it in the end, i promise ya. hope this has helped and i havent scared ya too much, once you get ya head round it its quite straight forward x

Hi, hope your all well!

Just got back from Tunis last night, popped over there for the weekend so we could go to the embassy together (although the appointment is booked for this friday - 3rd, we thought we'd try our luck), unfortunately they wouldn't let us in, but at least now he has all the original paperwork, and the copies. Just wanna thank everyone on here for your support and advice. My fiance was so shocked when he saw how much paperwork i had, but as you all say, you can never have too much info!!!!

So hopefully just another few days of waiting, I'll let you know he gets on!!!!

Khaled Zaram

Married at last

Just wanted to say to you all that i finally got married on 25 June in Tunisia despite him getting a visa to marry here we ended up doing it in Tunisia. Now we have to get him back here again can any one give me any help or adice about what we have to do or give to the embassy again.

Thanks for all your help in the past x Karen

Cathibou

Congratulations on your marriage, what a pity he didn't use that visa to come to the UK it would so have helped him get another one. Best of luck I am sure there will be lots of advise coming your way from others who are much more knowledgeable than me about the current visa requirements. If you look back there already lots of threads on this subject you will find helpful

MM4AS

congratulations on your marriage

SEANITA

Congratulations on your marriage!!! All the best for the future!!

lourodos

Banned
Congratulations o your marriage...I hope you have aa wonderful life together..xx

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations on your marriage and all best wishes.