Getting Married In tunisia

My Tunisian husband and I practically stayed together for 5 years before getting married and 3 years as husband and wife for 3 years. We got married in Las Vegas and did not register our marriage in Tunisia. 2 years ago, he deserted our conjugal home and went back to Tunisia leaving a note that he was not coming back because he has no money to stay with me. He also wrote that I was free to marry another person I wish to stay with. I had been very loyal and did not look for any man even he never paid anything for our livelihood because I have a job that pays for it. I did not understand what could be the grave reason for deserting me. To cut the chase, he had been sending me emails after that until now harassing me and doing manipulating techniques for me to process our divorce when I do not have any intention to. He never explained why he wanted a divorce. When he left, he still had a balance for a loan I took from the bank for him under my name. Although he had sent me some payments about 40% of it is still unpaid. When I collected what was due monthly, he told me that he will pay only if I showed him a divorce paper.

By some stroke of luck, I met a common friend who just arrived from Tunisia and told me that my husband had just married somebody and gave me the date. When I was trying to collect the money, he was still insisting the paper. I told him that some news came to me that he had gotten himself a 2nd marriage while we are still married.
He did not make any comment on that but when I pushed for the money, he immediately promised to put it in my bank the next business day.

I want some help. I need a reliable lawyer to walk me through the painful process of charging him bigamy which is illegal in Tunisia. But our marriage was not registered in Tunisia. Can someone help me get some reputable lawyers in Tunisia to defend my rights?

Please help. I think Aliyah's problem is quite similar to mine. Can you give me your Tunisian Lawyer's contact please or any other lawyer who can help me sort the mess I am in?

ROULLA

Hiya and welcome to the forum..Do you want a Tunisian lawyer that is in Tunisia ?

N

nela

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you will finda usuful info you need. Please PM Ayliah, she might be able to help you. And...I need to get my steam out....to the hell with all the Tunisian bastards who keep doing this!!! I hoe both of them will be punished according to the law! If there is some....

Thank you Nela and Tunisianbelle! I will consult with the lawyer as to what needs to be done.

sheesha_chick

Hi Lourodos,

My friend is a dressmaker and she made my wedding dress to match my requirements. I carried it through as hand luggage. I took my own veil, tiara and shoes and hubby booked me and his sisters into a posh salon in Kairouan to have hair and makeup done. The friend in question is moving to Tunisia in October to be with her other half and will continue to make wedding dresses so if any girls out there need a dress for their special day get in touch.

Emma x

alex negra

My friend went on ebay,chose a model sent the measurements,they made it up for her ,I was impressed it was lovely and wasn't expensive at all.Good luck

DebbieZebbes

I think I'd have a dress rehearsal with the make up if I were you Lourodos in case it ends up spoiling your big day. My SIL is a hairdresser/beautician in Tunisia but there is no way I would let her do my hair or put my make up on for the wedding, our styles differ so much, I prefer a natural look and I don't think they do natural in Tunisia.

sheesha_chick

Just have to say, i got married last week and I went to a beauty salon to have my hair and make up done. I am really fair skinned and did not want the tunisian look - my make up was fantastic, really natural looking.

lourodos

Banned
I have my dress now brought it here and it is lovely....Hair and makeup is being done by a salon near where he lives and he has stipulated to them NOT the Tunisian look but natural....I have asked for a trial before it's done on the day!!!!!! I really dislike the traditional makeup its not for me...and thankfully not the hubby to be taste either xx

ilovebdt

I have my dress now brought it here and it is lovely....Hair and makeup is being done by a salon near where he lives and he has stipulated to them NOT the Tunisian look but natural....I have asked for a trial before it's done on the day!!!!!! I really dislike the traditional makeup its not for me...and thankfully not the hubby to be taste either xx

I had my wedding makeup done at a salon in my hubby's hometown too and he also wanted me to have natural make up as opposed to the normal Tunisian wedding make up. I don't wear a lot of makeup, so the natural look was fine with me. I think they did a fab job with both my hair and makeup. Take a look at my wedding pics and you can judge for yourself LOL

ilovebdt

lourodos

Banned
I had my wedding makeup done at a salon in my hubby's hometown too and he also wanted me to have natural make up as opposed to the normal Tunisian wedding make up. I don't wear a lot of makeup, so the natural look was fine with me. I think they did a fab job with both my hair and makeup. Take a look at my wedding pics and you can judge for yourself LOL

ilovebdt

Had a look at the photos and you look gr8....congratulations! Thank you I feel at ease a little now didnt fancy the ghost look lol! xx

Black Mamba

I really wonder where did you go to have those conclusions about weddings dresses and make up?

Not somewhere cool I'm guessing. lol

Soltef

ilovebdt

Beautiful couple and wedding photos!Who made the gorgeous cake?Is the salon near Tunis?

Soltef

My friend went on ebay,chose a model sent the measurements,they made it up for her ,I was impressed it was lovely and wasn't expensive at all.Good luck

Alex,where on ebay can you find (wedding) dress makers?Please can you recommend anyone?

ilovebdt

Beautiful couple and wedding photos!Who made the gorgeous cake?Is the salon near Tunis?

Thanks Soltef.

My hubby is from a little town about an hour from Tunis called El Fahs.
The cake was made by the local bakery and the salon was also local. But, apparently the best salon in Fahs.

ilovebdt

sheesha_chick

Soltef my friend is a dressmaker - if you are interested let me know x

Khaled Zaram

HI we did not get married here as they back dated his vis when we got it to last year so he actually only got 4 of the 6 months that he was entitled to during this period my father was taken very seriously ill and rushed into hospital twice and his grandmother was rushed into hospital so weddingplans were postponed twice the visa then ran out and appeal date came through and was heard last week we are waiting to hear when i rang the court they told me that the appeal was being heard now as a settlement visa and not as a fiance visa based on the information that they had they did agree with me that mistakes had been made when dating the visa and this is why the visa appeal had been changed to settlement as they told me that if he had had his full 6 months then he would have been here in the uk and applying for a settlement visa now and if the judge deiced that there was an error made on the fiance visa then a settlement visa would be given although this would be great i did explanin to them this was not what we appealed against and they told me the judge had made this decision and i have to wait now. Fingers crossed