Getting Married In tunisia

ilovebdt

The Consular section is staffed by angels while the Devil heads up the Visa section LOL :)

ilovebdt

SEANITA

The Consular section is staffed by angels while the Devil heads up the Visa section LOL :)

ilovebdt

You are so right!! I think the power over our lives has gone to their heads in the visa section.

KIZZEY

I agree with the others, the coni was the easy bit. If the staff in visa section were as nice and helpful it would make the whole process less stressful. Good luck and have a fantastic day, congratulations to you both:)

sheesha_chick

I was really stressed about it all to Laura but hubby took care of everything. I got there 11.00pm on Sunday and by 1.00pm tuesday afternoon we were married lol xx

Soltef

I was really stressed about it all to Laura but hubby took care of everything. I got there 11.00pm on Sunday and by 1.00pm tuesday afternoon we were married lol xx

Congrats,Sheesha Chick!

M

monemjacqueline

hi please did u remeber waht papers they ask u and him for it?

M

monemjacqueline

i mean spousal visa papers please can us talk on msn im tunisien man who married scotish woman last month

Shoe Gal

Hi everyone... hope you're all well!! I'm due to fly out on Sunday to get married on the 23rd in Sousse. Ahmed called me yesterday saying that the registry office was not open that day because of it being the end of Ramadan.... POO!! What to do now?? He has already booked everything for the 22nd and 23rd as we are having two days and everyone is being dificult now that we need to change the dates :mad: We will only be able to move it one day ahead as I come home on the following Sunday and want to be with him for as long as posible.... Obviously it wouldn't be nice to marry on the Saturday and go home the next day!! Sorry I'm so stressed out I just needed to have a rant!! If any of you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, thanks everyone x

Trulymadlydeeply

What a sham shoe gal, but never mind you will still be marrying the love of your life, let hin stress and you go with the flow. Best wishes :)

MellieC

SECONDED! let him stress! my BiL marriage was changed twice due to Ramadan last year, he should be able to bring the date forward.

ROULLA

Hi Shoe gal, hope that you are in good health! Sorry to hear that you are stressed but that is only natural given the circumstances..If you are due to go out there on the 21st could you not get married on the 22nd and then have the party or whatever it is that your future hubby booked on the 223rd..Or could you not have someone come to the house and marry you in the house, sorry that i do not have the answer for you...Im sure that if he explained the situation to the person in charge of the venue they would understand and bring it one day forward, with a tip maybe..good luck in whatever you decide, hope that all goes the way you want it to go....

Shoe Gal

Thanks everyone.... Aren't the registry offices all closed during Ramadan?

Khaled Zaram

Hi You dont need to marry ina registry office you can get the name of an approved person who can come to any address and marry you fromt he reistry office this is what i did as we married at a hotel as the registry was fully booked in sousse i can get the ladies number for you if you like she was really helpful and got all the papers for us so all we needed to do was to go to the embassy and get the permission to marry paper. Good Luck x Karen

N

nela

Hun dont get married at all...or pretend to have a wedding, wait for the guests to give you some cash and dissapear on a honeymoon where nobody can find you..thats what I would do..hehe...another question is if I would take Niez with me...**** I am getting naughty again!

janette b

we had the same problem ;ast year i arrived day after ramadam ended on wednesday and british embassy closed thursday and friday so we had to wait until monday before we could go and then back on tuesday, still we made i in the end and got married thursday in the family home, as the wedding was plannd for friday and saturday. good luck x

sianperkins89

shoegal do u have guests from the uk attending too, or its just tunisian guests? coz surely it would be difficult to rearrange tickets and accomodation etc...
i would do as the others suggested and get married in your fiancés home or something instead of the registary office as it would save moving things around.
who is it thats being awkward with u about movin the dates? coz whoever it is (if theyr living in tunisia ) should have known or at least had an inckling that the office would be closed and should have asked u both 2 double check or something shouldnt they..?, its clear u didnt mess up the dates on purpose :)

catwoman1

What date is the first day after Ramadan then? Will the embassy be closed then too? and if so for how long? Getting worried now! x

ROULLA

Hi Catwomen hope that you are in good health! The first day is the 20th September...

catwoman1

Thanks Roulla so how long will the embassy be closed? do you know? We are going there on 24th with the Coni. x

janette b

embassy closed for 2 days last year.. but if you go this sunday to tunisia why not go to embassy on monday.....