Getting Married In tunisia

leigh

Hi, yep, definately the embassy for offical translation - can't remember quite hoe much it cost though.........
trulymadlydeeply - henna was a nightmare! Burns like crazy on my skin,the last bit didn't fade until 4 months later either,sure its supposed to go before that long, my boss wasn't very impressed! Nice to know what kind of weddings other people have had,i wasn't sure what to expect or wether mine was 'normal' for a tunisian wedding as i was 6 months pregnant at the time

K

Kassie

Help!...

Hello people ...how is everyone? I am needing some help please ::confused:

I am getting married in Tunis in early July and i am trying to get all the "paperwork" required. I know about the certificate of no impediment... i have dealt with that.

However. i need to know how to go about getting my birth certificate "done"...and if there is any other help you can give me it would be much appreciated. Many thanks! :)

sb123

Hi Kassie

When i got married i went to the town hall where i was born got the certificate there and then but you need the full one not the short version i got x2 just in case not sure if ya can do it online.Good luck

regards Sb123

SeK3301

Hey Kassie

Well I don't envy you...I've been there done that an think I checked the paperwork every day for a week before I went..Just remember that your birth certificate has to be a recent issue i.e. issued less than 3 weeks before the wedding!
Good Luck
Shaz x

suverny71

Hi

U need the cert of no imped, birth certificate ( less than 3 weeks old) and divorce papers if this is the case.

Then u will need to go to the Embassy in Tunis give them the cert of no imped and pay a fee of about 150 dinar ( can't remember ) and come back then next day to collect your certificate.

get your papers translated from english ( I had to get mone done in French - check with your hubby to be ) he may also need to get his translated - locally is the cheapest option ( embassy is more expensive).

U also need lettrs from a doctor to say you both don't have diseases ( we did not have to have the blood tests )...

Then thats is as I recall. oh sorry booking the venue and date. enjoy the day... I got married on 3rd may this year and it was fab... quite a bit of work for a couple of days but worth it in the end. x

Bigbrother

You may be able to collect your certificate of no impediment on the same day. We got there around 8am, handed it in when they opened and then went back to collect it at 1pm. That was in 2005, not sure how it works nowadays. It saved us having to travel again the next morning from Sousse to Tunis.

jacqui0414

yep i was also told to come back the next day so we had to go stay with friends in Tunis :)

feefad

kassie, I sent mine over to my husband before I went. Meant he had it all sorted before I got there :)

S

suka

Hi All
just a quick update the wedding cake business is up and running and working quite well even though the internet connection isnt! oh the joys of Tunisia and the life here!!
anyway just wanted to say that the link in the previous post is no longer working you can however visit the new website at http://sukamonastir.com why not take a moment to have a peek and please feel free to pass on any comments
suzie

K

Kassie

hello and thank you all so much for this! I feel stressed out with it all lol.

I have another question please. I read that the birth certificate has to be recent issue. What do "they" mean by recent? I have a slight problem in that I do not live in the city where i was born and I have to get it from there!

Ok thanks again...I am getting nervous too!

suverny71

recent issue really menas no older than.................. think it varys depending on the venue - your hubby to be should be able to find that out. (15 days mine)

cert of no imped - got mine in England then had to go to the Embassy in Tunisa who told me to come back the next day to collect the paperwork.. plus paid a fee.

Good work its all worth it in the end..x

Trulymadlydeeply

I got very strange looks when I got home paying for shopping in my local tescos blonde hair blue eyes and hands covered in Henna!!!! How did that go down you being pregnant? One of my ex's aunts was rambling off something at the house the day before my ex was just laughing later on he told me she said how is she wearing shorts and you're getting married tomorrow???? :D
I suppose the older generation are more traditional with their beliefs, not a bad thing, it was about 42 degrees lucky she didnt see me in me undies :D:D

sparkle

Last day at work

Hello everyone.
This is my last day at work and therefor my last day on the boards this week.
Getting married on Friday and want to thank everyone on here for all your kind words and advice over the last few weeks.
feeling a bit nervous already with butterflies in my tummy :)
Look forward to speaking with you all monday and telling you all about the day.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andy

hey Sparkle
Good luck with your wedding, remember to relax and enjoy every minute. I hope you both have a very happy future together
Andrea x

Bigbrother

Best of luck Sparkle, hope everything goes smoothly. Also fingers cross that your successful with the next stage of the visa process xx :) :) :)

sparkle

oh god i know. theres all that to contend with next ha ha i think im going to have a breakdown :)

Bigbrother

I'm sure you'll be ok with that :)
Do you have any family over from Tunisia?

sparkle

no but friends that already live here are coming and he has his best man here...
i really am missing tunisia though, want to go back. this rain is awful. weather should be ok for friday though i have been checking :)

Bigbrother

Cool he's got the fellas with him ...
Crap weather, arrived at work drenched - still damp!!! :(
I bet the weather in Tunisia is fab ... wish I was there too, on a one way ticket :)

Hope the sun comes out on Friday for you :)

sparkle

thanks you x x
work are taking me to lunch to celebrate so cannot see much work being done this arvo ha ha
i got drenched to :(