Getting Married In tunisia

huttan

I have visions now of this petite woman TRYING to wedge her way out of a pokey little bathroom window with this huge camel outside waiting for her and THEN riding off into the sunset on the back of a bad tempered camel.....:p
Well Im afraid if I choose a donkey outside I might take the wrong one;):rolleyes::D ...and being taking inside again by my husband.(I mean who can tell one donkey from another one:p)...no that wasnt nice-shame on me!!:oops:

Essem

Staff member
i think they look great at a distance but up close cheap and a bit tacky - sorry

i nearly dropped dead when i went to look at tune wedding dresses - too much bling for me and they were a bit itchy, lol
No need to be sorry - maybe my photography makes them look tacky but had you been there and actually seen them up close, I'm sure you would have thought differently.

Wedding was in Bizerte, rich family so money was not a problem.

I have seen a few dresses , mind you, that are a bit cheap and cheerful to say the least.

Jane BM

I can remember my Mother in Law taking me round the Bridal shops in Bizerte HOPING that i would choose that kind of a dress......stuck to Monsoon brides.....;)

Essem

Staff member
Best to stick to what you're most comfortable with/in - and why not.

Most of these Tunisian brides want the fairytale wedding with all the glitz - and why not.

Jane BM

Best to stick to what you're most comfortable with/in - and why not.

Most of these Tunisian brides want the fairytale wedding with all the glitz - and why not.
Absolutely..they want to look like the 'fairytale princess' and painted dolls...its probably what we all dreamed of as little girls when we envisaged our weddings...

gem15

The trends are changing now and the more "fashionable/trendy" women are tending to wear euorpean style dresses. We have a freind thats in the process of opening a wedding shop and they are looking for european dresses and even wanted to buy mine.

Jane BM

The trends are changing now and the more "fashionable/trendy" women are tending to wear euorpean style dresses. We have a freind thats in the process of opening a wedding shop and they are looking for european dresses and even wanted to buy mine.
Definitely a market for it....few years ago there were so many bridal shops in the UK as well...and 2nd hand ones...seems to have petered off a bit here though now....but yes i reckon in Tunisia you could make a gold mine doing something like that...oohh given me some ideas now for a 'venture'....lol

Essem

Staff member
Business opportunity for your there Jane. You find the dresses here and ship them across. Seems to be a fairly good business, in Sousse there are so many wedding dress shops now

Jane BM

Definitely something im going to look into...SIL in Djerba as well has a very very good business head on her shoulders and travels regularly between Djerba and Bizerte.........hmmm, food for thought...

LittleMissSunshine

I can remember my Mother in Law taking me round the Bridal shops in Bizerte HOPING that i would choose that kind of a dress......stuck to Monsoon brides.....;)
I was a Monsoon bride too, Jane. When I went to get my hair and make-up done and the women were looking at my dress, they were talking about how "simple" it was. I loved it though! They thought it was extremely odd that I wanted to look so plain - because they threw in some French words though I understood pretty much what they were saying and it actually upset me a little. It was only when the other bride in there at the same time got her dress on I understood what they meant - they weren't being offensive as such at all. Hers was very "bling". xxx

gem15

happy to sell mine, gem
Is it here on with you in Scotland? How much do u want for it and do u have a photo. I dont have the heart to sell mine :(.

lynn

Still have my first one but I would'nt be able to get a leg in now let alone the body lmao

Jane BM

I was a Monsoon bride too, Jane. When I went to get my hair and make-up done and the women were looking at my dress, they were talking about how "simple" it was. I loved it though! They thought it was extremely odd that I wanted to look so plain - because they threw in some French words though I understood pretty much what they were saying and it actually upset me a little. It was only when the other bride in there at the same time got her dress on I understood what they meant - they weren't being offensive as such at all. Hers was very "bling". xxx
Ooh id have wanted to slap them!!! lol.......i just think they do the most tasteful, appropriate. like you say, simpledresses for weddings that are abroad...i was totally spoilt for choice.......plus id done the whole merangue before and didnt want to go down that road again...;)

gem15

Definitely a market for it....few years ago there were so many bridal shops in the UK as well...and 2nd hand ones...seems to have petered off a bit here though now....but yes i reckon in Tunisia you could make a gold mine doing something like that...oohh given me some ideas now for a 'venture'....lol
We were going to open up a european wedding dress shop a while ago and just brought over a few dresses from BHS. This new shop is interested in buying them now. They are cheap, plain and really nice. They can also be used for the family if they dyed etc.

Just becareful if you start a business like this with regards to import tax as most dresses are made in China and the tax gets really expensive. If they are from European the tax is really low if at all.

Jane BM

We were going to open up a european wedding dress shop a while ago and just brought over a few dresses from BHS. This new shop is interested in buying them now. They are cheap, plain and really nice. They can also be used for the family if they dyed etc.

Just becareful if you start a business like this with regards to import tax as most dresses are made in China and the tax gets really expensive. If they are from European the tax is really low if at all.
Thanks Gem...the brain is in overdrive already....already discussing the options with Aymen and SIL who is over there....

Essem

Staff member
Beautiful Lainie.

gem15

yes, i just brought it back in february.
its an ivory lace woth sparkle berkertex gown with bolero

how much? as much as i can get for it;)
send me a picture and i will print it off and i will show them unless you can give me the model and i'll look for it on berkertex brides.

gem15

will do huni cos no longer on the website
Thats gorgeous and is perfect for here as it ha a bit of sparkle they like but not OTT. Its similar to mine as mine had a lace over lay. I will see what they say and get back to you. x

ROULLA

Hi Gem hope that you and your family are all in good health! No I must admit I am not into frills and never have been but I loved your dress it was simple but elegant at the same time and that is my cup of tea...Oh and you looked beautiful in it as well with your figure:) I had a very simple Ivory dress and guess what YES you got it I still have it wrapped up with my husbands suit:pand they are not leaving my sight.:DYou never know they may be worth something ONEDAY;)

gem15

Hi Gem hope that you and your family are all in good health! No I must admit I am not into frills and never have been but I loved your dress it was simple but elegant at the same time and that is my cup of tea...Oh and you looked beautiful in it as well with your figure:) I had a very simple Ivory dress and guess what YES you got it I still have it wrapped up with my husbands suit:pand they are not leaving my sight.:DYou never know they may be worth something ONEDAY;)
We are all good thanks Roulla, I hope you and your family are well too. I just wouldnt ant to see someone else getting married in MY dress that was made to fit ME. It sounds funny but its MINE and I dont want another woman to be photographed in it. LOL
Mr B has worn his suit again but its different for a man as they get more use out of a suit. I think i might get strange looks if i wore my dress to another celebration.